Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Off-Season Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
How is this guy even available? I know that's a highlight reel but this is exactly the guy the Habs need. Make it happen Bergy

Because if he turned around and shot it into his own net, it would be par for the course for him. Highlight reel doesn’t show how braindead he is.

Reactions: Yoor and habsfan891

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
To be honest, the more time goes by, the more I think Bergevin's offseason will be limited to:
- Signing a replacement C for Danault.
- Bringing back Corey Perry.
- Signing a veteran RHD to round up the top-6. I expect a 1 year reclamation project.
- Dumpster-dive for a couple of near-minimum cap-hit forwards to fill up the 23 players roster.

I don't think he has any clue as to what the hell will happen to Weber and Drouin next season, and knowing how savvy he is he's not going to take a leap of faith and commit with UFAs on the long term knowing that Suzuki's extension is coming next season.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I set my expectations to. We're basically entering this offseason with more than 14M in cap space because of Alzner's contract, the fact that we're stuck with Drouin, and the fact that Weber is just too much of a knucklehead to call it quits.

Reactions: amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad