Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Trae

Calgary
There's like zero risk with Conacher, if it doesn't work out, oh well. No loss of draft picks, no real money lost.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Do we really want another undersized, "project" winger? It would give us some potential skill on the right side, but...dang, he's small.

If we move Cammy and Stempniak then we who would we call up Reinhart and Sven? That would cripple the Heat for the rest of the regular season, it makes a ton of sense to grab a guy with some past success who is still young (24) and could find his form here to play the last month and a half and let the kids continue their play on the Heat. If Conacher blows then we just don't resign him if he turns it a round we get a free decent player. Its a can't lose as long as we make sure we leave 3 contracts for our college free agents at the end of the year.

Rockmorton

Oct 26, 2011
There's like zero risk with Conacher, if it doesn't work out, oh well. No loss of draft picks, no real money lost.

Where are we with contracts? I thought we were around 47. It would look bad if we maxed out our 50 before we sign the likes of Gaudreau, Gillies, etc. Other than that, I'd be all for the signing.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Where are we with contracts? I thought we were around 47. It would look bad if we maxed out our 50 before we sign the likes of Gaudreau, Gillies, etc. Other than that, I'd be all for the signing.

We lost McDermid too. We could trade SOB, Butler, Cammy and Stempers.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Conacher is more of what we have too much of already. Not worth taking a spot away from our prospects and moving to the end of the waiver order.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Ryan Whitney ‏@ryanwhitney6
A little part of @tsnjamesduthie dies every time a trade happens today

With that said;

Minnesota Wild ‏@mnwild
BREAKING: #mnwild acquires Ilya Bryzgalov from @edmontonoilers for 4th-rd pick. More: http://******/uewe2 pic.twitter.com/pRtkuCc4VX
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
WSH gives up 4th-round pick to ANA for Dustin Penner. #TSN #Tradecentre
Helene Elliott ‏@helenenothelen
Ducks get fourth-round pick from Caps for Penner, give that pick up for Robidas
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Fasth to the Oilers for a 5th in 2014 and 3rd in 2015.

And perhaps what will go down as the biggest deal of the 2014 trade deadline:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Canucks trade Patrick Mullen to Ottawa for Jeff Costello.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
So far its not looking good from a seller's POV.

Penner and Robidas for a 4th?!?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Find it interesting that the Wild go from trying to get Marty Brodeur and end up with Ilya Bryzgalov.

Probably some Janitor was cleaning up an executive office in Minnesota and leaked to the press that they were in the hunt for Brodeur :dunno:

RUNVS

Sep 1, 2012
PS3
Jfranklin on twitter posts Cammy was followed by cameras while on the phone and was not happy.... :O

You might of read this....... = Cammalleri has submitted a seven-team no-trade list to the Flames

^^^^^^^
Wonder what that means lol...

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Jfranklin on twitter posts Cammy was followed by cameras while on the phone and was not happy.... :O

You might of read this....... = Cammalleri has submitted a seven-team no-trade list to the Flames

^^^^^^^

I question whether Burkie was calling him, asking if he'd reconsider his list or something, or if he was just unhappy he was being followed, or if he is unhappy because Burke is telling him he is untradable.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

^^^^^^^
A link to the actual tweet (at the very least proper twitter handle) should be provided, for future reference.

Jermain Franklin ‏@TSNJFranklin 26m
Cammalleri on the phone in the hallway, cameras followed him and he was not pleased. Tense times #tradecentre let's do this #TSN

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
A link to the actual tweet (at the very least proper twitter handle) should be provided, for future reference.

Jermain Franklin ‏@TSNJFranklin 26m
Cammalleri on the phone in the hallway, cameras followed him and he was not pleased. Tense times #tradecentre let's do this #TSN

That makes more sense, phone calls are private, I can understand wanting to be left alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad