Speculation: Trade Deadline 2014

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That would be a classy move. Whatever we might get for Stemps (2nd-3rd) is, I think, worth missing out on in this situation.

I know that would probably not sit well with a lot of people on here and just in general, but the Flames are that kind of organization and it's why players always speak highly of the Flames. Having 1 baby is crazy, especially the first few months, I couldn't imagine having twins, then having to relocate to a new city. I get it's a business and it will probably happen, but I would feel quite bad for Stemps if he has to uproot his family like that. And he is really well liked by his teammates. If Burke just gets offered a 3rd or worse, I could see him keeping him for that reason.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Vatanen might be available in Anaheim... would love to get him on the Flames. What would we give up?

I might entertain a Hudler swap depending on if Anaheim could add, wonder how much interest the Ducks would have in Cammy. Their PP is surprisingly bad and their top 2 LW are Dustin Penner and Daniel Winnik.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I absolutely see this as a possibility.

Sucks that we may miss out on an asset, but its entirely possible he re-signs here as well.

There's wasy around this. If Stempers approached Burke and asked him to not to be dealt, then Burke can say OK, let's extend another year at a home town discount and then we can talk about as move in the offseason.

Stemps is a RW. There's no reason we can't fit him in for another season given how shallow we are in that position.

Flamesfan13

Nov 6, 2006
Calgary AB
I'll make some trade predictions before the deadline for the remaining guys that are reported to be traded. or not.

Cammalleri - Not going to be traded
Stempniak- Trade
Butler- Not going to be traded
Moulson: Trade
Kesler: Not going to be traded
Robidas: Trade
Callahan: Not going to be traded
Vanek: Trade
MacDonald: Trade
Ward: Not getting traded
Ehrhoff: Not getting traded
Brodeur: Trade
Hemsky: Trade
Smyth: Trade

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Vatanen might be available in Anaheim... would love to get him on the Flames. What would we give up?

If the Flames bring in another undersized D I would puke. The only way that could possibly work is if Russell or Billins go the other way. Billins would not be nearly enough, and Russell would likely be to much. So a big NO from me.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I'll make some trade predictions before the deadline for the remaining guys that are reported to be traded. or not.

Cammalleri - Not going to be traded
Stempniak- Trade
Butler- Not going to be traded
Moulson: Trade
Kesler: Not going to be traded
Robidas: Trade
Callahan: Not going to be traded
Vanek: Trade
MacDonald: Trade
Ward: Not getting traded
Ehrhoff: Not getting traded
Brodeur: Trade
Hemsky: Trade
Smyth: Trade

I doubt we're going to see Brodeur traded. They want him to retire in New Jersey.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
So you think Brodeur waived his NMC because he felt like it and not because he was asked? :laugh:

Oh, ****, I didn't even know that had happened. That's really strange though, pretty ****** of the Devils organization to try to move him just to get a first rather than have their franchise player retire at home.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Looks like the Flyers may be getting Kesler... Doesn't make sense but interesting...

I also believe Cammy played his last game as a Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad