Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - March 25 - Executing the gameplan

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They should have lost last night, I'm expecting one this game.

Hopefully they have a better showing but they definately need to win Tuesday.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
They should have lost last night, I'm expecting one this game.

Hopefully they have a better showing but they definately need to win Tuesday.

Maybe I was drunk, but aside from stretches in the 3rd... despite the 13 shots I thought they were good in the 1st/2nd and often controlled the play. The end of the 1st was alarming.

No one else see that :laugh:? Definitely need to cleaner up, though.

Asif16*

Komarov won't be back for Monday, expect the same lineup plus Liles replacement, Kostka I imagine.

We cant expect the same lineup because Lupul will back from suspension. That will most likely leave Hamilton out again. So we go like:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Mclaren-Mcclement-Orr

Penalty Kill Icing*

Komarov won't be back for Monday, expect the same lineup plus Liles replacement, Kostka I imagine.

I don't think Carlyle is drunk enough to sit Lupul as he returns from suspension.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Leafs just held on last game vs the Bruins. I see them getting the snot beat out of them in Boston.

Not sure why the Leaf fans think they got that one in the bag.

If Rask didn't stink out the joint, it would have been tied or Boston leading by the end of regulation. Leaf fans just love to overrate their team. :)

Really?

The last time the Leafs played in Boston, the Leafs were the better team and deserved to win.

:)

SplitLeaf

Feb 10, 2009
Toronto, On
We cant expect the same lineup because Lupul will back from suspension. That will most likely leave Hamilton out again. So we go like:

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Mac-Grabo-Frattin
Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin
Mclaren-Mcclement-Orr

Its pretty clear Kadri line is the 2nd line. Quite sure he has the most ES time as well of our centermen last night

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
gmY3W6o.jpg

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ I don't see much wrong. Except Seidenberg. Maybe Campbell and Seidenberg should 've swapped places and then Seidenberg closer to the Leafs player that is wide open.

Boston plays a strong defensive game for the most part, and I give them credit for that.

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
@jonasTSN1050: Ankle sprain for John-Michael Liles. Will not make the trip to Boston. Day-to-day.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Its pretty clear Kadri line is the 2nd line. Quite sure he has the most ES time as well of our centermen last night

That's true, but let's not get caught up which line is which. At the end of the day a W is all that matters. Was it less satisfying to you to see the "4th" line get the GWG last night?

They're a team and when everyone contributes that's what makes them competitive.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
That's true, but let's not get caught up which line is which. At the end of the day a W is all that matters. Was it less satisfying to you to see the "4th" line get the GWG last night?

They're a team and when everyone contributes that's what makes them competitive.

i'd rather have depth then be a 1 line team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Poor Liles :( that is just poopy. I'm hoping that it heals quickly. But i'm glad that it was that because it really looked a lot worse than what it was.

If Kostka comes in, it wouldn't be the end-all be all of the world. he was decent. I don't think he'll see a lot of PP time though.

GenericFan2*

Get more than 13 shots this time, not gonna beat Rask with less than 20 shots, unless they're lucky.

Pumped to watch Lupul again.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Get more than 13 shots this time, not gonna beat Rask with less than 20 shots, unless they're lucky.

Pumped to watch Lupul again.
Just 13 shots but the Kadri and Grabo goals were perfectly placed. No goalie was stopping those 2 shots.

But, I agree we definitely need to sustain more offensive zone time and get more pucks on net. Preferably with some traffic as well.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
yes the bruins took the play to the leafs but i wouldnt put too much thought into the shot count, had the bruins been leading the whole game than the leafs would have been on the attack..anyways i dont see the leafs getting blown out in boston i see it being another close game..imo not much seperates these 2 teams aside from goaltending..if reimer equals rask than its anyones game..now that the pyschological barrier has been lifted the leafs can beat these ****s again and again and pretty soon their fans will not be coming in with cute posts about how our team is getting better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad