Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - March 25 - Executing the gameplan

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Blacker is kinda like Gunnarson. Maybe a little slower and a bit more physical.

He doesnt have the offense McCabe had, nor is he as physical as McCabe.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Yeah I'm tired of these friggin back to back games. Seems like they play a rested club every week. I'd be curious to see who has played the most back to backs. I'll be happy if they can get a point tonight but will be praying for a win!

edit- also I can't remember the last time TO played a team coming in off a back to back. schedule sucks.

kingstwitterguy

Jun 29, 2011
Toronto/Winnipeg

I was under the impression that Blacker was one of the faster skaters on the Marlies - I remember him winning the OHL skating competition a few years back. Has his speed fallen off?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Doesn't leave much to look forward to, here's hoping your analysis is wrong.

I'm guessing Kostka is in anyway, Blacker watches.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Yeah I'm tired of these friggin back to back games. Seems like they play a rested club every week. I'd be curious to see who has played the most back to backs. I'll be happy if they can get a point tonight but will be praying for a win!

edit- also I can't remember the last time TO played a team coming in off a back to back. schedule sucks.

its a pathetic schedule especially when compared to bostons

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012

I think Bowen said last week that the Leafs' back to back games are always against a rested team this year.

MSteve

Mar 8, 2011
9 times this season we play back to back games. In all of those games the other team is rested.
2 time this season we play a team coming off back to back games and we are rested.

Seems fair.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs have nine set of back-to-back games. In 0/9 games, will it happen that the opposition has played on the previous night as well. Ridiculous.

Sabres and Flyers are the only teams who faced a rested Maple Leafs team when playing on a back-to-back night.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
maybe he gets some time tomorrow in game? carlyle goes with the same club (minus liles, hamilton +kostka and lupul), then subs in blacker for kostka and puts hamilton in for frattin or someone tomorrow?

Asif16*

Well, it looks like the leafs could be in for a tough one tonight. Claude Julien has Told the Bruins to play "Angry" and "with some fire" tonight. This game could get really physical and nasty tonight. Its gonna be fun to see how the leafs respond. Its already known that the bruins play physical at home, and with the Julien backlashes, they are gonna play even more physical.

I expect the angry Lucic to come out tonight. Our boys better be ready.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Whats the over/under on Kessel registering a shot tonight?

Doesn't matter if we get 2 points..

There wasn't much to be unhappy about with Kessel's performance last time...he didn't help much offensively but was good in his own zone.

IMO, that's still a good improvement over the other games he's had.

Penalty Kill Icing*

You are in for a treat of a GDT! Dunno graphix wise, but funny as hell. ;)

G51 K81*

I was under the impression that Blacker was one of the faster skaters on the Marlies - I remember him winning the OHL skating competition a few years back. Has his speed fallen off?

No, he's faster than Gunnarson. Wasn't a good comparison.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
No, he's faster than Gunnarson. Wasn't a good comparison.
Yeah, I'm not sure there is good Leaf comparable at the moment. He plays a physical game but not as physical as McCabe, hes a good skater and likes to rush the puck up the ice but isn't an offensive dman like Gardiner, good positionally in his own zone and good at clearing the puck.

An all-around dman I guess you could say.

thatshype

Jul 3, 2010
Yeah, I'm not sure there is good Leaf comparable at the moment. He plays a physical game but not as physical as McCabe, hes a good skater and likes to rush the puck up the ice but isn't an offensive dman like Gardiner, good positionally in his own zone and good at clearing the puck.

Colaiacovo?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Thats why I compared him to Gunnarson.

Regardless, GDT is up

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1384935

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad