Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - March 25 - Executing the gameplan

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Bah! might as well be the first in here, we gonna get a beat down tomor.

This ain't gonna be pretty.

In Boston,

Rask starting,

the bear has been poked.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
pYEbFcH.gif

No. Now that is all. :nod:

:laugh:

This one is even better.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Bah! might as well be the first in here, we gonna get a beat down tomor.

This ain't gonna be pretty.

In Boston,

Rask starting,

the bear has been poked.

No way.

The psychological burden has been lifted, and our boys have fought them hard all season. The Leafs deserved a better fate in the first two games against those SOBs.

Even if we lose, we'll go down swinging.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
His career thus far: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

He's either been dominate, or largely invincible.

Sorry, I had to giggle here.
he's been dominate, or invincible?
that's really good you know ;)

Invisible :D

Honestly, someone said it before. The reason why Boston is doing so well, is that they've been together for YEARS. the PK has been that PK for years, and everything. They know the system in and out.

And I think that's just awesome. I know that we need some tweakage, but since our team is so young I hope that's what we can accomplish. Just have the middle of that core stay with us, and just get better.

Again - we had 13 shots on goal - but this is one of those games where the stats aren't indicative of the play. Was it a "good" thing, no, of course, not you don't want 13 shots, but it was still a good game.

I think we're going to have a good game in Boston. And not we'll learn and grow. we're good.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
His career thus far: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde.

He's either been dominate, or largely invincible.

You mean dominant or invisible. ;)

I disagree though. I think Frattin would be lighting it up again if he was on Kadri's line.

The problem is there's not enough Kadri to go around, and our team is in desperate need of another playmaking centre.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hope grabo plays at the same level, he was really great last game. Kessel throwing his body around was hillariously awesome. Boston will come out with a vengeance tthough and probably destroy us, unless optimus reim will still save us again

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well this one should be interesting. Now that they mentally know they can beat Boston might put up a stronger effort overall in the next game. Plus get Lupul back which will only help.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009

I disagree though. I think Frattin would be lighting it up again if he was on Kadri's line.

The problem is there's not enough Kadri to go around, and our team is in desperate need of another playmaking centre.

He was put back on Kadri's line for a game though and it still didn't change anything. You can't go around blaming other people for your problems. He's been largely ineffective since coming back and has been making a lot of bonehead plays, that's not his line-mates fault.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Joe Colborne next year ;).

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Well this one should be interesting. Now that they mentally know they can beat Boston might put up a stronger effort overall in the next game. Plus get Lupul back which will only help.

I think the key for us in this next game is that the players playing away from Chara really need to take advantage of their matchups. Our top 9 is as good as it's been in... I can't even recall when we had this much scoring depth. If Julien sticks to Chara vs Kessel, we're looking to Lupul, Kadri, and Grabovski to stir the drink tomorrow night. With how fantastic Lupul and Kadri have been, they might even give Kessel a break from the mutant.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I think the key for us in this next game is that the players playing away from Chara really need to take advantage of their matchups. Our top 9 is as good as it's been in... I can't even recall when we had this much scoring depth. If Julien sticks to Chara vs Kessel, we're looking to Lupul, Kadri, and Grabovski to stir the drink tomorrow night. With how fantastic Lupul and Kadri have been, they might even give Kessel a break from the mutant.

Last time i saw this much O potential we had guys like

Clark,Leeman,Olczyk,Damphouse, Marois, Iafrate,Fergus,Osbourne. 1989/90

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
We're winning this game.

People look at last night's game, factor in a full 60 from Rask and that it'll be on the road and think we're going to get hammered.

It don't work like that. The boys will play a flawless road game on Monday.

Watershed.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Mclaren and Orr aren't just goons, they simply make this team tough to play against. They were absolutely BEASTLY last night keeping the puck in Boston's end and laying around those hits.

When you have these guys on your team, there is a certain degree of fear that emanates into the opposing team. We are #1 in fights for a reason. We are simply a hard team to play against this year. We NEED Orr and Mclaren down the stretch to talk sense into some of the bigger guys who take runs at our star players.

Mclaren-Mclemment-Orr line needs to play again on Monday.

and why are people over-reacting with the 33-13 shot differential? You realize not all shots are quality shots? I lol at people that get so worried over this. Boston probably had 20 out of those 33 that were actual quality shots, and most of them came in the second half.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Last time i saw this much O potential we had guys like

Clark,Leeman,Olczyk,Damphouse, Marois, Iafrate,Fergus,Osbourne. 1989/90

Sundin, Nieuwendyk, Mogliny, Roberts, Nolan, McCabe, Leetch, Kaberle were no slouches offensively in the 03-04 season. Then secondary guys like Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Tucker, and Renberg.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
We've played Boston well this year, last night was probably our worst game against them and we managed to win it. Hopefully they come out with a purpose tomorrow, 4/4 points would be huge and unexpected.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
bperiod1_82973.jpg

bperiod2_82991.jpg

bperiod3_83000.jpg

This is from Seigel's Leaf report. As you can see, in the last 2 periods, most of the shots were from outside. 33-13 is a bad shot differential but not that bad considering the quality of shots.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Sundin, Nieuwendyk, Mogliny, Roberts, Nolan, McCabe, Leetch, Kaberle were no slouches offensively in the 03-04 season. Then secondary guys like Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Tucker, and Renberg.

Yeah, that was pretty damn awesome too. :laugh: Didn't really mean to overlook them but certainly the ability to ice three strong scoring lines is an exciting thing for any fan who's watched this team since the lockout.

KadriFeedsMeCrow*

Bostons slumping

We just threw a gorilla off our backs

We'll win again.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Tough choices on who sits and who plays...

Hamilton went head to head with Chara and misplaced him, leading to one of the goals and that was a great play by hamilton,

Then Mclaren scored a nice GWG,

Then when Komarov's back, who sits then?

So much confusion lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Tough choices on who sits and who plays...

Hamilton went head to head with Chara and misplaced him, leading to one of the goals and that was a great play by hamilton,

Then Mclaren scored a nice GWG,

Then when Komarov's back, who sits then?

So much confusion lol

Komarov won't be back for Monday, expect the same lineup plus Liles replacement, Kostka I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad