Pre-Game Talk: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins - March 25 - Executing the gameplan

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I think Frattin should sit out a game and let Hamilton play. Hopefully being benched lights a fire for him.

Also, I wonder if Chara will still go after Kessel this game. They might change it a little and he might try to be on the ice more when Kadri is there.

I was thinking the same thing. Hamilton had a really solid game on Saturday. I have a feeling that he's going to be an important depth piece in the PO. (If)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think we'll be better tonight but that doesn't take into account how good the Bruins will be tonight.

We've already got the two points I hoped they would get...anything extra is just going to be amazing. 1 or 2 points here would go a long way.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
That's one good thing about having Kessel and Kadri on separate lines. Coaches will put their big d-man (like Chara) against one, but then the other will go on next shift. Either way one will be playing against weaker competition, unless they play Chara against both. Then he just gets worn down.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's one good thing about having Kessel and Kadri on separate lines. Coaches will put their big d-man (like Chara) against one, but then the other will go on next shift. Either way one will be playing against weaker competition, unless they play Chara against both. Then he just gets worn down.

Yep. The Leafs have 1A 1B lines now..both lines have at least one impact player.

Kessel.

Kadri and Lupul.

I think those are the three game breakers we have on the team. As good as everyone else is...they are more opportunistic.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I was thinking the same thing. Hamilton had a really solid game on Saturday. I have a feeling that he's going to be an important depth piece in the PO. (If)

I know I am going to get flamed for this but I really don't see what Komorev brings other than hits that really has little or no impact.

I know those are useful, but he doesn't hit hard enough to be intimidating. I rather a guy like Hamilton, who blocked Chara's shot, hit him to create a chance for Grabo.

Also, he gives us much needed size and board game. He's good along the boards, none of our forwards other than Meclement, Grabo or maybe Frattin is good along the boards

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
JVR had a stretch where he was playing big and FLYING down the wing. He seems to be skating in circles for the most part these days. Although he has done a great job in front of the net, taking abuse that has led to a few goals for us.

Yes, JVR's been silent on the goal scoresheet for a bit, but his presence infront of the net is invaluable - we have no one else (apart from maybe Kulie) that will park themselves infront and take the abuse to screen the goalie, with effectiveness.

A lot of Bozak and Kessel's recent goals have come as a direct result of JVR screening.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I know I am going to get flamed for this but I really don't see what Komorev brings other than hits that really has little or no impact.

I know those are useful, but he doesn't hit hard enough to be intimidating. I rather a guy like Hamilton, who blocked Chara's shot, hit him to create a chance for Grabo.

Also, he gives us much needed size and board game. He's good along the boards, none of our forwards other than Meclement, Grabo or maybe Frattin is good along the boards

You can slot Leo anywhere on the 2/3/4 lines, he skates well, kills penalties, and hits everything in sight. Hamilton doesn't look like he moves too well out there, and I was little surprised RC would put him out there with a minute left in the game, but he did.. good problem to have.

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
I think the key tonight will be to survive first 10 minutes of the game. Bruins will want to make a very quick statement. I wouldn't be surprised to be down by 3 goals at first intermission. Having to play a catchup game with Bruins and playing rested Panthers tomorrow night could be very bad combination... :help:

The schedule sucks, don't we get like 4 days off between sens and flyers next week and now we are playing 6 games in 8 nights or soemthing like this !???? :shakehead

Lets hope for the best... loser point tonight would be great :handclap:

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Since Costco is coming in as a replacement for Liles, he better play well today.

Why do I have a feeling that Carlyle won't put in Liles again when he recovers from his injury. It will take him another 10 games to realize that Liles is better than Costco :shakehead

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hope that when liles is back from injury he's not benched for kostka and gets his spot back. Kinda scared of the matchup of gardiner/costco vs boston or any other game for that matter.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
not sure what to expect tonight..one should think the bruins will try to get off to a better start but then again it usually takes teams about 5-6 games of getting off to a bad start to actually change their habit:laugh: ill just take a stab in the dark and say the leafs will jump out to a 2-0 lead ..by no means do i think they will hang on to win..i will be happy if we can get 2 out of 4 points tonight and tomorrow

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Is Blacker any good?

People were talking a lot about Holzer too...look what happend.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Totally different types of players, Blacker and Holzer. I have high hopes for Blacker.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
How is Blacker's playing style? Defence first? Puck-moving D man? Reliable/barely noticeable guy like Fraser?

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
blacker is kinda like mccabe... but faster and more physical

mind you i don't watch marlies games and I am using this synopsis I've had engrained mentally since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad