Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion (2022 Edition) - Italy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A harsh result to swallow, the team has to get out of that with all 3 points. The season is not done yet, this was a tough blow though

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Wasted 2 points, though I'm sure they would have given one up in 7 minutes of stoppage time anyway.

Terrible defending giving him so much room to take that shot, and I didn't expect Bono to make a save anyway.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Good game .. lots of skill on field .. Vasquez has dropped off omg .. him and Bradley were slow and slower .. bottom line you can't give up the 1st goal on a free kick from 10 yards back of box and it hits middle of net and it is not crushed either .. why did Bradley start Bono???????????? .. we can't be giving up a freebie every game like that .. other 3 goals no goalie is saving but in soccer that 1 goal is da difference folks .. even though it as a close game TFC should have had 3 pts at home .. WAKE UP BRADLEY

Reactions: Confucius

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Good game .. lots of skill on field .. Vasquez has dropped off omg .. him and Bradley were slow and slower .. bottom line you can't give up the 1st goal on a free kick from 10 yards back of box and it hits middle of net and it is not crushed either .. why did Bradley start Bono???????????? .. we can't be giving up a freebie every game like that .. other 3 goals no goalie is saving but in soccer that 1 goal is da difference folks .. even though it as a close game TFC should have had 3 pts at home .. WAKE UP BRADLEY
Westberg is still hurt IIRC, we don't exactly have a viable backup.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Terrible defending giving him so much room to take that shot, and I didn't expect Bono to make a save anyway.
Sometimes you just got to put your hands up and appreciate the goal. Puig with a quick one-two into the half-space, shows good control at full speed, and bangs a near-perfect shot top-shelf. Sure, someone could have closed down faster but that was just an unreal goal.

No goalie in the league saves that.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Sometimes you just got to put your hands up and appreciate the goal. Puig with a quick one-two into the half-space, shows good control at full speed, and bangs a near-perfect shot top-shelf. Sure, someone could have closed down faster but that was just an unreal goal.

No goalie in the league saves that.
I'm just happy their 3rd goal was offside :laugh:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
That could have been the final nail in the coffin for our playoff hopes.

Insigne looked like he ran out of gas last night. It was his worst performance since he arrived.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
That could have been the final nail in the coffin for our playoff hopes.
yes i think so. Especially considering they were a few minutes away from the full 3 points. it's a real back breaker in the playoff hopes for sure. Also every team ahead of us has games in hand. some teams have played 2 less games. put a fork in it.... playoffs are done.

I can't really fault Bono on either. They were both really well taken goals and sometimes you just have to tip your hat.

It's a real shame Osorio and kaye are injured. The midfield was struggling last night for sure.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Two talented teams on the field and really should have taken all 3 points. Having to start Canadian teenagers Nelson and Thompson, and Akinola hurt the team big time. They do some good things, and alot that is bad. Insigne was showing alot of frustration because they weren't in the right position. Then, second half he puts on Okello and Achara (made a good play on the JJ goal) and the lack of depth on this squad is clear.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Akinola, the striker who doesn’t score (16 games?), Bono, the goalie who doesn’t make saves, Okello, the midfielder who doesn’t run. Mavinga makes more mistakes than any other defender. And Bob says they need to close in quicker? How? You got inadequate players at key positions. Where would we be without the Italians. Oh yeah, watching absolute crap soccer like earlier in the season.

Reactions: Vito_81

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Akinola, the striker who doesn’t score (16 games?), Bono, the goalie who doesn’t make saves, Okello, the midfielder who doesn’t run. Mavinga makes more mistakes than any other defender. And Bob says they need to close in quicker? How? You got inadequate players at key positions. Where would we be without the Italians. Oh yeah, watching absolute crap soccer like earlier in the season.

I think it's safe to say that Bob is one the main problems... He makes Armas look like Pep. At least, Armas made Okello stellar as CAM against Leon with Singh as one of the CB.

Reactions: TMLeafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad