Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion (2022 Edition) - Italy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
And now some rumors for Edwards to return. Had his best season this year, would be great to see him come home and succeed.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Can someone explain what TFC are getting with Insigne? And maybe some comparisons as to what type of impact he would have by coming to the MLS

Fast, creative winger (usually plays on the left) who’s pretty much the complete package offensively. Can set up and finish plays and is a good free kick taker.

Would be one of, if not the biggest MLS signings ever. Still in his prime at 30.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fast, creative winger (usually plays on the left) who’s pretty much the complete package offensively. Can set up and finish plays and is a good free kick taker.

Would be one of, if not the biggest MLS signings ever. Still in his prime at 30.
He is amazing. Great shot, explosive, creates space through passing and runs. He can suck 2-3 defenders in and then spray the ball to an open man.

In terms of talent and where he is in his career, I think he is the most talented signing. Probably not the biggest/groundbreaking name.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Wow. TFC looking to add some Italian season ticket holders. Would be amazing as the team needs to get back to being a power.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Insigne + Belotti is insane

I can see 20+ goals for each.

Insigne is a creative dribbler with pace, passing and shooting ability. Belotti is a complete striker that can finish with both feet and head.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

He'd be Messi in the MLS. He'd probably get used as a false 9 or a classic 10 in this league. He's naturally a winger, but you'd want him on the ball as much as possible in dangerous areas.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Toronto, NY, LA, Miami and others will bring the MLS to a much higher level slowly. These teams (and others) can easily out price these small clubs in the big 5.. and respectfully, would you rather play in a small town in say Italy, or in Toronto?? A major city in the world. Seems like a no brainer.

I could see a time where MLS teams got invited to Champs League.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Toronto, NY, LA, Miami and others will bring the MLS to a much higher level slowly. These teams (and others) can easily out price these small clubs in the big 5.. and respectfully, would you rather play in a small town in say Italy, or in Toronto?? A major city in the world. Seems like a no brainer.

I could see a time where MLS teams got invited to Champs League.
North America has their own Champions League.

The Champions League in Europe is the European Champions League. It's just the biggest one. I don't believe outside nations have had teams compete in the UEFA Champions League but I could be wrong.

mikeswright49

Nov 18, 2008
North America has their own Champions League.

The Champions League in Europe is the European Champions League. It's just the biggest one. I don't believe outside nations have had teams compete in the UEFA Champions League but I could be wrong.

That's correct. They wouldn't be able to compete in the European Champions league. However they would (assuming that TFC wins North America) be able to compete against the champions of each region in the club world cup.

FIFA Club World Cup - Wikipedia

Either way this is MASSIVE to get Insigne

Reactions: LeafChief

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Figured it was baseless speculation for clicks when it was first posted, and Michael Singh seems to be reporting the same. His latest is that Belotti and TFC haven't had any meaningful communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad