Toronto FC: Toronto FC/Canada Soccer Discussion (2022 Edition) - Italy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
wow. i'm pretty surprised and disappointed about Criscito. You would think he would have enjoyed his time here with the other Italian players.

I get that the other guys are on longer deals, but still it doesn't feel right that he's out of here a few months after joining. And yeah obviously i get that he's older and was never going to be a long term addition.

Man that team has SOOOOO much work to do this offseason. I wish i had more faith in Manning and Bradley to find good complementary players to compliment the stars, but based on their track record i can't get too excited. I got a bad feeling that this Italian era won't go as planned.

I called it too at the start of last season. Just saying!
I don't think it has anything to do with Toronto, the speculation is that he is going to retire.

Regarding the state of the club, acquiring a solid starting goalkeeper would go a very long way to bringing us back to respectability.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
I don't think it has anything to do with Toronto, the speculation is that he is going to retire.

Regarding the state of the club, acquiring a solid starting goalkeeper would go a very long way to bringing us back to respectability
actually i have read something different on some TFC social media stuff i follow. apparently he's gone back to Italy (makes sense) but has not said anything about retiring. Time will tell.

Heck yes a keeper should be at the top of the list, but there are so many holes in that roster. Both wingbacks (Laryea's loan is up is it not?), central defenders, mid field, an attacker or two wouldn't hurt. They need new players in basically every position.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
wow. i'm pretty surprised and disappointed about Criscito. You would think he would have enjoyed his time here with the other Italian players.
It sounds like he was looking at retiring before the TFC deal and after playing a bit longer felt like it was the right choice. He's going to be going for his coaching badges which is kind of cool

Reactions: fancy lad

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Decided not to renew after Bradley sr was brought in .. it is not pro anything when a father and son team operate .. team needs a ton of work in goal, defense and in midfield .. too much required
I didn’t renew either, not so much because the team was bad, it’s just such a pain these days. Line up to show proof I bought a go train ticket, lineup and get body scanned, another albeit smaller line to get ticket scanned, praying my phone doesn’t die ( wonder what happens if it does). You even have to show go train tickets again when leaving then the announcement comes, hang on to your train ticket because you can be asked to show it yet again while on the train. Lineup for food (imagine paying 32 bucks for 1 can of beer, 1 bottle of water and 1 bag of popcorn and waiting 20 minutes in line to do it.). Another food buying experience, get this. It’s opening day the wife and I get there early we still have to lineup. I order 2 hot chocolates, they are out, I make it 2 coffees, $10.12, it’s cold, room temp at best, the cashier says they are out of sugar and cream but they do have milk. How can they be out of supplies it’s early day 1? oh and lineup for a pee…

There were very few games during the warm months, June, July, August. Ahh well maybe I am just too old now, I prefer to just stay home and watch on the big screen TV. Lol!!

Last edited:

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
they definitely make some aspects of going to BMO challenging. I know my in person attendance has gone way way down these last few years. I'll say this however, the lineups getting in arent too bad. there's no vax check anymore. Concessions though are another story. I forked out over $70 on lunch for my wife and 3 kids last weekend at the Argo game. we're talking hotdogs, juice, chili, nachos, etc. And argo games have $3 hotdogs!!

I don't blame TFC fans for being hesitant to buy expensive seasons tickets on top of a crazy expensive game day experience. It's nice that they signed a couple flashy players last year, but that team has so much room for improvement so pardon me if i'm a bit skeptical about the direction they're heading.

Reactions: Confucius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad