Rumor: Tierney, Boedker available (and Martin)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That's all Joonas Donskoi, man.

Yeah, he conveniently ignored the fact that Tierney has been a part of one line (without Donskoi) that has been bad and Donskoi has been a part of one line (without Tierney) that has been elite.

However, he probably posted that because Tierney is widely known amongst stats junkies as a possession anchor, and he was shocked to see him doing well.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
However, he probably posted that because Tierney is widely known amongst stats junkies as a possession anchor, and he was shocked to see him doing well.

Is he? I thought everyone was saying he’s done well as 3C this year, and how they hope he’s not going to be traded. I will say it was a bit surprising to see his zone % as 60-40 off-def. He’s sheltered?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Is he? I thought everyone was saying he’s done well as 3C this year, and how they hope he’s not going to be traded. I will say it was a bit surprising to see his zone % as 60-40 off-def. He’s sheltered?

Tierney was real bad the last couple of years but he’s been quite good this year, enough to convince me that he’s a permanent solution to the 3C spot.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
I think a lot of us are surprised by the Sharks' performance so far this season. I don't know if this will last, but it certainly looks like they may be looking to load up for a playoff run, rather than sell for a tank like some of us expected. Biggest need is definitely a top-6 scoring winger. Tierney, Boedker, and Martin aren't going to get you one of those. So, who do you think the Sharks should target, and what would you give up? Or is this all a mirage and the Sharks will be out of the hunt by the TDL?

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I think a lot of us are surprised by the Sharks' performance so far this season. I don't know if this will last, but it certainly looks like they may be looking to load up for a playoff run, rather than sell for a tank like some of us expected. Biggest need is definitely a top-6 scoring winger. Tierney, Boedker, and Martin aren't going to get you one of those. So, who do you think the Sharks should target, and what would you give up? Or is this all a mirage and the Sharks will be out of the hunt by the TDL?

One of the beat writers suggested Ryan might be the guy moved.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I believe the phrase "steal from Peter to pay Paul" would work for a trade moving Ryan to get a top 6 forward.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Yeah that was Gackle saying like it or not it'd be Ryan traded to get scoring help up front. Problem is that Gackle doesn't get that Ryan would only be moved for a scoring upgrade that is a long term answer and the longer the season goes the less likely something like that occurs. I think the Sharks have more of a chance renting someone like Evander Kane over trading Joakim Ryan for a long-term solution at this stage.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
I think Gackle is a pretty good reporter, but some of his trade/roster improvement ideas are just terrible.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Gackle usually tries to make a story out of things. Like he'll make quotes out of context or add attitudes to quotes that aren't true. I hate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad