Rumor: Tierney, Boedker available (and Martin)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have a hard time seeing Tierney available we just don’t have the pieces to fill in his spot

It depends on whether they still want to see Hertl as a center. Tierney could be available if it nets them another winger that they can then justify moving Hertl back to center.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
They'd probably have to retain half of Boedker's salary for almost three seasons. Granted, I don't think the Sharks will be a cap team in the near future, but that still stings.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They'd probably have to retain half of Boedker's salary for almost three seasons. Granted, I don't think the Sharks will be a cap team in the near future, but that still stings.

If they have to retain half his salary, they're better off riding him out through the season and buying him out in the off-season. They either need to move him with someone valuable and/or retain at most 1 mil in a trade. Otherwise it's just not worth it. I'm thinking Boedker gets dealt with someone else like a Braun or Pavelski or Couture or something like that to get him out if he doesn't at least keep up his current pace this season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No shit they're available. The real question is does anyone want them.

Actually, I’ve been satisfied with Tierney this season, and having him let’s the excellent Hertl-Couture combo exist. I’d keep him unless it was a real hockey trade.

Last edited:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I don't believe Martin is available as some folks think he is. One of Heed and Ryan will probably have a rookie slump and we will want someone not named Demelo available to fill in.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't believe Martin is available as some folks think he is. One of Heed and Ryan will probably have a rookie slump and we will want someone not named Demelo available to fill in.

That depends on your expectations of the team when it comes to winning.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Yeah, I really don't mind Tierney being on the roster at all. I know he's like the forum scapegoat and all and he hasn't shown the scoring prowess we expected from him in 14-15 but he's a solid 4th liner.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I'd be shocked if Boedker wasn't available. Add Ward and Dillon too. I don't mind Tierney... he's been alright thus far.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Yes, no brainer to add Ward, Martin, and Hansen to that list. For the right price, DW will trade anyone. Even his own mother.

Problem is that those prices will not come along in this market.

It appears that rebuilding in the best possible fashion is to pay the league $500m.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I'm sure other teams are absolutely salivating at the prospect of acquiring talents like Chris Tierney and Mikkel Boedker

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It depends on Wilson's expectations. He already intimated he may make moves if the youth don't earn roster spots.

I'm sure Wilson's expectations were to be a playoff competitive team but he failed the organization in that regard with the off-season he had. It was his choice to give those young players roster spots that they apparently didn't earn. He should get the boot before any of the young players do.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
So cynical. I applaud him giving the young players the opportunity to earn a roster spot. I just hope he has a plan B in the event they don't.

Wilson's biggest moves to improve the team haven't happened during the off-season.

Reactions: Led Zappa

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So cynical. I applaud him giving the young players the opportunity to earn a roster spot. I just hope he has a plan B in the event they don't.

Wilson's biggest moves to improve the team haven't happened during the off-season.

He deserves cynicism because he let the wrong players go to open those spots up. And instead of moving the guys that are still here that should've been moved to open those spots up, he lets quality players go and doesn't replace them with a similar caliber player. Other than Thornton, DW's biggest moves to improve the team comes in the off-season. He failed.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
He deserves cynicism because he let the wrong players go to open those spots up. And instead of moving the guys that are still here that should've been moved to open those spots up, he lets quality players go and doesn't replace them with a similar caliber player. Other than Thornton, DW's biggest moves to improve the team comes in the off-season. He failed.
So you're not liking Toronto then? I thought you were doing pretty well there?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Depending on how much he's produced by December or so, I'm sure they'd love to be rid of Boedker for nothing. Nobody would want him, without his salary being significantly retained.

I'm not sure I buy Tierney. The organization looks to be higher on Tierney than they really probably should be.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Depending on how much he's produced by December or so, I'm sure they'd love to be rid of Boedker for nothing. Nobody would want him, without his salary being significantly retained.

I'm not sure I buy Tierney. The organization looks to be higher on Tierney than they really probably should be.

If Boedker is at around half a point per game when the trading picks up, I'm sure they can find a taker. Either it's for a pick or a similarly valued contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad