Rumor: Tierney, Boedker available (and Martin)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Also getting back on topic, do you think something like Martin + Tierney + O'Reagan + 2018 1st for Kane + conditional 2019 2nd (if Kane does not extend with Sharks) would be closer to reasonable?
That’s way too much. Kane is a UFA after this season.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Also getting back on topic, do you think something like Martin + Tierney + O'Reagan + 2018 1st for Kane + conditional 2019 2nd (if Kane does not extend with Sharks) would be closer to reasonable?

JVR is better and should cost less.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I feel like that is more quantity than quality. I'll put it this way: I don't think the Sharks can realistically offer a package for Kane that makes sense for them.

I don't think JVR is better than Kane, but that's just off the top of my head.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I have my doubts that JVR will be available for trade. The Nolan11 trade is not going to happen simply because there's no real incentive for Buffalo to take Paul Martin off the Sharks' hands. Kane is going to be the prized rental of the deadline. They're going to get a good young player/prospect and a 1st for him.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
I have my doubts that JVR will be available for trade. The Nolan11 trade is not going to happen simply because there's no real incentive for Buffalo to take Paul Martin off the Sharks' hands. Kane is going to be the prized rental of the deadline. They're going to get a good young player/prospect and a 1st for him.

I don't think sabres would want Martin either, does not fit their team age. Replace Martin with dilion maybe. My post is more asking what could we offer that would entice that trade. Basically looking for other opinions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think sabres would want Martin either, does not fit their team age. Replace Martin with dilion maybe. My post is more asking what could we offer that would entice that trade. Basically looking for other opinions.

My bet would be Nolan and a 1st would be what the Sharks would have to offer to get the Sabres to listen for Kane. I don't think they'd have much interest in Dillon either. They have Scandella, Beaulieu, and McCabe on their left side and I just don't see them caring much about Dillon. They may have interest in someone like Braun or Heed but I'm thinking more future help or forwards like Labanc or Meier or O'Regan would be the type of players that they'd be looking for but Labanc and O'Regan probably don't have much trade value.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think LaBanc could hold a decent amount of value in the trade market. Outside of draft position, what should make him less valuable than Timo Meier?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What kind of value would the Sharks want for Tierney from the Penguins?

Pick and a prospect, or more like a roster player?

I don't think Tierney is actually on the block. He's shown some promise this year and the org is probably going to be looking to hang onto him and see if he can figure things out, since his value is probably pretty low right now.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

I would love something built around Sprong. The sharks desperately need goal scorers. Not sure how the penguins would feel about that though.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It would probably be an add from the Sharks, plus we likely would only be going after Tierney if we could buy low.
I’m not really sure Tierney is in a buy low state. He’s been pretty good this year, certainly a lot better than last year. If his play craters I’m sure he could be had around the deadline for picks or a pick and a prospect.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It would probably be an add from the Sharks, plus we likely would only be going after Tierney if we could buy low.

“Hey guys, what would you want for player X?”

“Well, we need a scoring prospect because we can’t score for shit.”

“Oh. Well you’d definitely have to add. I was only interested in player X if we could get him ridiculously cheap.”

My favorite type of people who come into this forum.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think the only context that Tierney would realistically be available is if the other team would take someone like Paul Martin or Mikkel Boedker with him.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
“Hey guys, what would you want for player X?”

“Well, we need a scoring prospect because we can’t score for ****.”

“Oh. Well you’d definitely have to add. I was only interested in player X if we could get him ridiculously cheap.”

My favorite type of people who come into this forum.

That wasn’t what I was saying at all.

Pittsburgh is thin on prospects with Sprong’s upside. I would probably offer a protected 1st for Tierney though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That wasn’t what I was saying at all.

Pittsburgh is thin on prospects with Sprong’s upside. I would probably offer a protected 1st for Tierney though.

I'm probably only trading Tierney if I can move a bad contract with him. A protected 1st is overpayment for Tierney but it's not what he'd be used as trade bait for. This team doesn't do well enough with 1st round picks on that level to move Tierney for that because they'd be lucky to pick someone that turns out as well as Tierney has so far. Either he goes to get rid of someone like Boedker or he likely doesn't go at all.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
I'm probably only trading Tierney if I can move a bad contract with him. A protected 1st is overpayment for Tierney but it's not what he'd be used as trade bait for. This team doesn't do well enough with 1st round picks on that level to move Tierney for that because they'd be lucky to pick someone that turns out as well as Tierney has so far. Either he goes to get rid of someone like Boedker or he likely doesn't go at all.
Can we update the title to say that Wilson, Burke, and Spott are available too?

Also Hasso can feel free to sell to an owner that cares about winning the Cup more than about cash flow

Last edited:

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Wonder if Lacob has any interest in owning a hockey team. He is a winner! Hasso is clueless like Cohan.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00