Post-Game Talk: This Is Not The Day I Die - Jets 4 Blues 0

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Someone in the GDT brought up the fact that Trouba is gifted PP time despite it not being warranted based on his overall play (a pre signing goodwill gesture) would rather see Morrissey or Kulikov in his place on the PP.

If you listen to Maurice gush over Morrissey in his post game presser, you'll know that Josh will be a PP fixture in the not too distant future.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There is no universe in which Kane and Trouba belong in the same convo as Bogo. Kane and Trouba are actually good players whereas Bogo might have been good one day but is no longer so, in part due to injuries.

Trouba and Bogo are still very good friends AFAIK.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Myers or Morrissey should be on the first PP unit not Trouba.
So far this season Morrissey is our best D and Myers is our best RHD.

On some nights Myers has been our best RHD or even D.
On other nights he's been our worst D.
His range is as wide as his gargantuan wing span.

There's definitely been plenty of games where Buff or Trouba were better then him.

Reactions: Jets 31

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I got an automatic reply from TSN audience relations. Maybe this means someone is actually reading those emails? My polite yet pointed criticism was so Canadian. "hey buddy, maybe get another announcer eh?" in so many words.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The "Buff is a terrible D-man who should be moved to forward or traded" hot-take artists have found their new target in his absence it seems
It's about time people lay off Buff , he gets way too much crap on here . Although i like Trouba , it just seems to me some games he isn't all in , by that i mean he would rather be on another team . But that could just be me not letting go of the fact he wanted out of here . When you see guys signing team friendly deals , Sheif , Ehlers , Buff , yes Buff , he could have got a 8 year deal if he went to free agency , it just rubs me the wrong way that Trouba held out to try and get out .

Reactions: ERYX

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Jets....uhh.... find a way

giphy.gif

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Haven't seen the heat map but I thought the Jets worked the puck into the danger zone much more effectively than last night. Their play down low was much more aggressive and they drove to the net harder. Allen had a much tougher night than Hutton did.

I do generally agree with this. Mostly the Jets won more races for loose pucks off rebounds/missed/blocked shots in the second game.

Not a heat map but shot location charts do show we had plenty in the home plate area both nights.

First game
IMG_0331.jpg

Second game
IMG_0333.jpg

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I got an automatic reply from TSN audience relations. Maybe this means someone is actually reading those emails? My polite yet pointed criticism was so Canadian. "hey buddy, maybe get another announcer eh?" in so many words.
Yep, I also received an auto reply confirming receipt of my email. I'm not too worried about our feedback being read because that email address is the "for more information" contact info published at the bottom of the TSN FAQ which deals with the regional Jets, Leafs, Habs and Sens broadcasts found here:
TSN.ca Help Section - FAQs - Article - TSN

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Forget Kidd and all the rest of them. Just mic up Morrissey for every game. I could listen to that guy talk for ages...that is a smart dude and he packs more meaningful analysis into his spots on the Big Show once a week than all of Munz, Beyak and Edmunds all week long.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Forget Kidd and all the rest of them. Just mic up Morrissey for every game. I could listen to that guy talk for ages...that is a smart dude and he packs more meaningful analysis into his spots on the Big Show once a week than all of Munz, Beyak and Edmunds all week long.
He is a very smart dude indeed!
Josh Morrissey establishes himself with Jets
As a junior, Morrissey was named the Canadian Hockey League's scholastic player of the year in 2012-13, carrying a 92.4 percent average in high school.

"He's one intelligent guy," said Shane Hnidy, former NHL defenseman and analyst on TSN. "And it's been showing. On the ice and off."

P.S. I miss Shane Hnidy... :(

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The last 2 games should FINALLY quiet the doubters. St. Louis lucked out by getting 2 points, they were thoroughly embarrassed by the Jets. No way in hell the Blues organization is happy with those games and I am SALIVATING at the thought of playing them in the post season.

We play their game, but we play it BETTER.

Keep in mind - we did this without our 2nd D pair.

What a gorgeous set of games. I am so proud of this team right now.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Thank you.

Email sent.

The worst colour commentator I've ever heard. It is unwatchable when he is on - I can't believe this guy passed an audition. Incredible.

I doubt there was an audition. Since Hnidy pulled a Patrick Roy and quit last minute, they just need anyone they can based on travel schedules. We're a vacation away from Munz as the colour guy on tv.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I doubt there was an audition. Since Hnidy pulled a Patrick Roy and quit last minute, they just need anyone they can based on travel schedules. We're a vacation away from Munz as the colour guy on tv.
I'd take Kidd, Boynton or any other turd TSN3 throws at us every day rather than listen to the pissants at HNIC.

I thought Romaniuk and Millen needed tissues they were so excited about the Blues winning on Saturday. There isn't one crew I can stand in that whole joke of a network. Maybe Hughson if he isn't calling Canucks or Leafs games and Bob Cole is entertaining in his own senile way.

They should just back a truck of cash up to Poulin's door. He's by far the best of the guys filling in. Of course I'd LOVE Ferraro but that's not happening.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Oh hey, it's the guy that said Hellebuyck having a dud today wasn't a matter of "if" but "when", and was confident the team would lose today. Funny, I didn't seem to see any of your posts in a GDT where the Jets were behind for 0% of the game, we won by 4, and Hellebuyck had a shutout.

I'm sure I must have just missed them.

No, you're right. Didn't post much. Was more focused on my wife, who's in hospital for surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad