This is a Bad Hockey Team 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Hank is definitely the issue. We should get rid of him ASAP.

Guaranteed to go 76-0 the rest of the way.

No, that's not my point. In fact, he's probably been our best player. It's about setting the tone for a real rebuild. Even if they decide to make a shake up, if it's say trading Nash and or Zucc for futures, it could be quickly spun in the off season for the next big UFA. I'm just saying we OWE it to Hank to put him in a position to win and create a new culture here. He deserves better than this tire fire.

Reactions: nevesis

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I was waiting for this thread, this year it is actually true it seems.

Yeah I made a cute joke post earlier in this thread but there actually might be something to all this.

giphy.gif

Reactions: haveandare

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Can we say it yet? No?

When?

Was entertaining as all hell, though. But 1-5-1? We ain't competing in this division, let alone conference. Come on now. If we make the dance at all we squeak with in a fake ID while the bouncer's distracted and get the boot when they realize we're underage. I'll never support tanking but I'd MUCH rather get a nice pick and add our young emerging talent with some trades (hopefully), coaching moves (hopefully) and stud G prospect (hopefully) next year than finish right in the middle and just suck. I think we're right back in it next year or the year after. Hank and Staal + G buyout might hamper that, though, but we'll see. Optimism.

edit: Having to close tabs and reload to edit! It's like the late 90's all over again. Anyway, I'm off to raid in EQ. Cheers boys!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Finally we can play some lottery next year - it will be exciting. :s

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm more interested to see how this fanbase reacts to a losing season than what draft pick we might get. It should be a hilarious ride.

Reactions: Ori

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
I'm more interested to see how this fanbase reacts to a losing season than what draft pick we might get. It should be a hilarious ride.

I'm kind of curious myself. I had no real expectations this year because of all the changes, but secretly I hoped we could make a serious run. Could this really be as simple as Ruff taking over mid-season? Is that where we are headed? Not that that is good or bad, but it just seems TOO obvious.

Reactions: Ori

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Eh, I still dont think it'll be a "losing season." Its tough to finish below .500 in the NHL these days, and I think this team will at least challenge for a playoff spot if not sneak in his a high seed.

More importantly, at least in my time as a Ranger fan, 2012-2017 was a strange feeling with the expectations. Im more used to the team being a few ticks under adequate

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Personally, I`ve enough about sneaking into any competition - when we compete for a wildcard spot. Besides no one will remember that season unless we win the cup (no cup banners in MSG). I don`t mind to move Henrik if we can get something in return and try to remove his NMC, and I feel the same about Zucc for high talent & future assets. And hopefully we can draft someone who will push this franchise in the right directions - when we compete for the cup in couple of years and join the lottery in next year draft in 2018.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I would not mind a full blown rebuild. Trade Hank (bring Shesty over), trade Nash as a rental, sell high on McD... kinda want to still keep Zucc. In any year we happen to make the playoffs, I just can't see this team making it past the 2nd round. It really has to be Hank standing on his head with an infinite Zenyata Transcendence ult. covering the entire goal.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Honestly, I cannot believe how early most are jumping off the ship. This season is still waaaay too young for this kind of reaction. I'm not happy, nor any Rangers fan truly is or should be right now. I still believe this team has way too much talent to be "this bad" as their record indicates. We haven't gotten blown out every game, just lost a few that we normally win.
In fact we haven't had a stretch of 7 games with 1 win in probably 3 or 4 years.......I bet. This is just especially noticeable because it's the start of a new season with high hopes and no one saw this coming. But cheers, it still hasn't happened. Still way too early to jump....... Give it 20 games, you'll see. Trust me.
Have to start it tonight though. Cannot lose to everyone in our own division within 2 weeks. Beat em good tonight! LGR's! Rangers 6, Islanders 2.

Reactions: FultonReed

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Semi-OT but the professional media coverage for the team sorta stinks. This should be a very exciting time to be following the Rangers--in terms of drama, not success obviously--but I'm finding nothing but vanilla editorials based on pure conjecture. I know Sather and Gorton run a tight ship but c'mon do your jobssss media. If I can't read about Ws at least give me juicy gossip.

Reactions: Fvital92

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm kind of curious myself. I had no real expectations this year because of all the changes, but secretly I hoped we could make a serious run. Could this really be as simple as Ruff taking over mid-season? Is that where we are headed? Not that that is good or bad, but it just seems TOO obvious.
You may be disappointed at what Ruff brings. Or Arniel.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I cannot believe how early most are jumping off the ship. This season is still waaaay too young for this kind of reaction. I'm not happy, nor any Rangers fan truly is or should be right now. I still believe this team has way too much talent to be "this bad" as their record indicates. We haven't gotten blown out every game, just lost a few that we normally win.
I think it is not the loosing per se, but how they are loosing. And how the issues of the past do not get resolved. In fact, change the faces, and the poorus play remains identical.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
I think it is not the loosing per se, but how they are loosing. And how the issues of the past do not get resolved. In fact, change the faces, and the poorus play remains identical.

This. I get it, its only game #8, but this is a continuing trend for a couple of years now. The only thing different is that the PP is slightly improved. Everything else got worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad