This is a Bad Hockey Team 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Is there any chance we get Hank to waive his NTC and move him? I believe that would be the major cog to move this organization into a full rebuild and look at this thing from a philosophical perspective of how to be competitive in this tough division (PIT, CBJ, WAS, NJ better, NYI aren't bad) in a year or so.

Hank is definitely the issue. We should get rid of him ASAP.

Guaranteed to go 76-0 the rest of the way.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Lol can we wait at least a season until we declare the Stepan trade a clear loss?

Step hasn't exactly ripped it up in Arizona either.

The Keller-Stepan-Domi line is one of the most productive lines in the league so far this year in terms of shot attempts and expected goals. via Corsica.Hockey, of 18 line combinations who have played 50 or more 5v5 minutes together this season, they rank 7th in relCF%, 4th in relxGF%, 7th in relGF%.

All this with a 94.86 PDO.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Most people knew Grab's #'s were an anomaly. I think the bigger frustration is the lack of chemistry on this team along with the forwards all being "decent" but the sum of the parts is nothing exciting. We have some nice pieces but nothing really to build upon. We need to face facts and really rebuild the right way.
I do not think so. More than enough people wanted to pencil him in for another 20 this year.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Still too soon to sound alarms, but wow have they looked poor. Everything that was feared of has occurred. Shattenkirk not looking great defensively, AV still needing the goalie to be the best player at all times and not adjusting his system, no desire to play a semblance of defense or go into corners.....

This can turn around, but AV has to realize what is truly happening on the ice not what he imagines to be.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The Keller-Stepan-Domi line is one of the most productive lines in the league so far this year in terms of shot attempts and expected goals. via Corsica.Hockey, of 18 line combinations who have played 50 or more 5v5 minutes together this season, they rank 7th in relCF%, 4th in relxGF%, 7th in relGF%.

Nah dude, Stepan is a fat bald slob who sucks.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Hank is definitely the issue. We should get rid of him ASAP.

Guaranteed to go 76-0 the rest of the way.

Where did he say Hank is the issue? He said moving Hank is something we should do if we rebuild. Which makes complete sense. How about reading posts before jumping to his defense?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
im worried we dont match up well down the middle with the likes of cbus, pitts and wash.

and also maybe the dev and the piles.

otherwise, i think things are all good. :huh:

right now this team is a dumpster fire. and AV is the guy behind the dumpster with a can of gas and a lighter.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Keller and Domi are much better player than Kreider and Buchnevich, that's just what it is IMO.

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
No to mention that weak at C also helps weaken the D. That's the reason we lost in the SCF.
You can change the coach but until this franchise gets serious about bringing a legitimate center in this team will never get better. No Stepan wasn't the answer but thinking you can get buy with Hayes as a second line center is a joke. MZ should not be a 1st line center either. He is a 2. That is one of the big reasons we are struggling to score. No Play makers and no one to set up the others. Center has been a need for years. You score 1 or 2 goals a game you aint winning in this league.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yeah and thats all thanks to Derek Stepan.

He's been a passenger on that line. We'll see how their stats look like when they play more than 2 seconds together.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Yeah and thats all thanks to Derek Stepan.

He's been a passenger on that line. We'll see how their stats look like when they play more than 2 seconds together.

You're right, we don't have enough data.

But considering Domi and Keller have only spent 16 and 15 minutes apart from Stepan, respectively, we definitely don't have enough data to determine who is driving play and who is a 'passenger'.

Interestingly enough, the data we do have suggests that Keller is a "passenger". Both Domi and Keller are sub 50% CF% players away from Stepan. Stepan is > 50% away from Keller, and < 50% away from Domi.

Nowhere close to enough data to draw any meaningful conclusions, you definitely had that part right.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Where did he say Hank is the issue? He said moving Hank is something we should do if we rebuild. Which makes complete sense. How about reading posts before jumping to his defense?

Insinuation.

Maybe you should read the post?

I believe that would be the major cog to move this organization into a full rebuild and look at this thing from a philosophical perspective of how to be competitive in this tough division

Saying that Hank needs to move his NTC in order for this team to be competitive in a tough division insinuates that he is part of the problem of the team not being good, which is 100% incorrect.

Have you taken a look at our bottom 6, or the lack of production in the top 6 beyond Zibanejad? How about those defensive pairings?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Insinuation.

Maybe you should read the post?

Saying that Hank needs to move his NTC in order for this team to be competitive in a tough division insinuates that he is part of the problem of the team not being good, which is 100% incorrect.

Have you taken a look at our bottom 6, or the lack of production in the top 6 beyond Zibanejad? How about those defensive pairings?

Lol, he's saying the org won't rebuild if Hank doesn't waive, not insinuating he's the problem. It's literally impossible to go full on tank rebuild with Hank here because he's too good.

I'm not commenting on the lineup issues becaue I firmly believe we won't know the real issues until we get a new coach and they persist/go away.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm not commenting on the lineup issues because I firmly believe we won't know the real issues until we get a new coach and they persist/go away.

Agreed, although I know AV is a large part of the problem, the players are the ones on the ice and personnel does have to shoulder a good part of the blame.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
With each pssing game this team reminds me more and more of the 2013 Rangers. Crippled forward depth with an outdated defensive system that doesn’t match the personnel. Only difference being Hank isn’t likely to put up a Vezina worthy season to drag them into the playoffs.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see this team miss the playoffs but come back stronger next year with fixed forward depth and a new voice behind the bench.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This team reminds me of the 2015-2016 team with how unlikable the roster is.

This team is basically that team minus the start by the offense and Hank.

My guess is we see this team play the way that that team did for most of the season. Hopefully no stupid ass Eric Staal like trade for Paul Stastny in March this year though.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I was waiting for this thread, this year it is actually true it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad