This is a Bad Hockey Team 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Paul Carey is the type of dude who just takes a shift and he's there, and he's just ok, and literally never does anything. Like he's not a net negative. He just doesn't exist.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Paul Carey is the type of dude who just takes a shift and he's there, and he's just ok, and literally never does anything. Like he's not a net negative. He just doesn't exist.

Don't mind me ... I'm just on an aggravated sarcastic tirade. I think I've gotten it out of my system and feel better now.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Mika scoring every single game is going to compensate for the Stepan trade but pressure Lias so much that when he comes back next year he'll bust.

He'll bust so hard and be so bitter that he'll change Hank's name to BumQvist which unfortunately sticks and Hank will be pelted with low quality lunch meats from the Garden faithful so frequently he'll renounce his Rangers career and exhile back to Are, Sweden.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mika scoring every single game is going to compensate for the Stepan trade but pressure Lias so much that when he comes back next year he'll bust.

He'll bust so hard and be so bitter that he'll change Hank's name to BumQvist which unfortunately sticks and Hank will be pelted with low quality lunch meats from the Garden faithful so frequently he'll renounce his Rangers career and exhile back to Are, Sweden.

About time Hank faces some consistent low quality.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just had to keep kicking the can.

Team could have easily hit the reset button by not signing Smith and Shattenkirk to paper over the cracks of Lundqvist’s decline. Could have moved McDonagh for a ransom too; that extension is going to be a cap killer. Hello mediocrity.

Maybe the team is bad enough to get Vigneault fired though.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
retool on the fly. so far, JG seems to have gotten it mostly right.

this isnt the end of the world here. we arent the oldest team in the league and we dont suck. no one is scoring right now.

smith needs to find his mojo. shatty has been very good. the pp is excellent. last nights defense wasnt really that bad. hank managed to give up a goal on the 1st shot and that put us on our heels. we dont play well at home and st lou played a solid defensive road game. i saw plenty of good. it happens.

its early, AV is looking for something. no more carey, kampfer and holden. commit to playing the most talented players and leave it alone. its early. this team will be fine.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Did not expect to at least Nov for this thread to show up, lol. Oh well. Guys need to score not named Mika Zibanejad. It's ironic how much flack Staal gets, yet he may be the Rangers best D right now, which is scary. Hank the last two games was fine but still a little shakey. The only bright side has been the PP this season. Anyway it's still early so hopefully they make the adjustments needed before they dig themselves too deep into a hole.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
As much as I am a "fire AV" guy, I dont even think this is his fault now. This roster is just kind of bad. The only 2 things that arent trash right now are Zibs and the PP (which are sort of one in the same).

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
As much as I am a "fire AV" guy, I dont even think this is his fault now. This roster is just kind of bad. The only 2 things that arent trash right now are Zibs and the PP (which are sort of one in the same).
TIL teams who lose a few games in a row are trash.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We don’t run into Varlamov and Hutton being brick walls and this team has 3 wins. If you factor in the same logic for the habs game, we should be 2-2.

That being said, trade everyone for picks and prospects, fire AV, hire Renney, and tank for Svechnikov.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
We don’t run into Varlamov and Hutton being brick walls and this team has 3 wins. If you factor in the same logic for the habs game, we should be 2-2.

That being said, trade everyone for picks and prospects, fire AV, hire Renney, and tank for Svechnikov.
This excuse is getting old and has been used since the late 90s. They ALWAYS run into a goalie, often a back-up, that is a brick wall.

Tomas Sandstrom 28

Aug 3, 2005
While there's plenty of hockey to be played, just to address the immediate situation:

1. When you have 8 defenseman on the roster, a Staal-McDonagh pairing should never happen
2. In the STL game, we were totally unable to adjust to them clogging the neutral zone and stacking the blue line. we just kept trying long pass after long pass and they just kept getting intercepted.
3. Both the D and the C have been garbage getting the puck up ice
4. Did Kreider play last night? could have fooled me...

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

I’d rather see Jim Carrey at this point. At least he’ll be entertaining

Reactions: nevesis
Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
TIL teams who lose a few games in a row are trash.

Ya its only that they lost a few games and not like theyre literally playing like trash or anything :rolleyes:

The roster is fine it's bad when you bench two of the better defenseman for vastly inferior players and then give those guys too much ice time

Lets be honest Smith deserved the benching. And I'm not saying AV isnt an idiot, just that the roster is exposing how much of an idiot he is even more.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Hasey, Vesey, Kreider, Zucc all need to get going 5v5 and eventually will. Nash and Buch are playing well but just not finishing, they'll get some goals soon. The 4th line is bad, it can't be trusted to be solid defensively and it can't seem to cycle the puck at all. DD is not a 4th line C and don't think Fast would turn that line around alone. They could use a top 9 winger and probably should've signed someone like a Drew Stafford. Would allow them to push down Grabner to the 4th line, Grabner-DD-Fast might be more effective but that weakens the top 9.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Maybe the off-season talk of how good this defense was going to be was overly optimistic. Give them time to try to get it together but right now it sure looks like perhaps Smith, Shattenkirk were sheltered and ADA scratched last year for reasons other than those teams are dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unusual Suspect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->