OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
You do know Tomlin called out AB too, right? I mean, I know this city never passes up an opportunity to crap on the franchise QBs, but acting like Ben is the only one who is taking issue with AB's antics or even that this is the only instance of AB being too much of a distraction is just plain wrong.
falling in line behind the championship quarterback is always to be expected, doesnt make it right

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Or maybe Ben isn’t the only one sick of AB’s antics. Did you hear what Ryan Clark said about him?

Ryan Clark hasnt been a Steeler for 4 years. He now get paid to say ****. You figure it out.

And again who gives a shit if the entire team hates Browns guts. Its obviously isnt effecting them ON THE FIELD.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Brown is a selfish pre-madonna. In other news, water is wet.

You know who else bitched, complained, and whined? Hines Ward.

That being said, I think in a very short period of time, this team will be able to utilize our WR group, and we could trade Brown and not miss a beat. With WR's and RB's, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Belichick clearly ****ed a leprechaun or something.

Nick Folk pulled a Scobee and the Pats eke out a win they didn't deserve once again.

Seriously the Pats should legitimately be 1-4. If Bill O'Brien had have a sack and Folk could do his job.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
“You just try to understand that guys are passionate, want to contribute, want to make plays and there’s going to be some emotion out there,” Haley said. “I’ve been one of the emotional ones at different times, so I was understanding of it.”

“I just knew he was worked up and tried to calm him down a little bit, but guys are competitive and passionate,” he said. “It kind of got away at that point and it seems to have worked itself out.”

Todd Haley seems to thinks its not a big deal.

Add him to the list of people who dont think its a big deal.

Joey Galloway doesnt think it will affect their ability to perform on the field either.

Ben thinks its over and done with.

Heyward doesnt think its a big deal.

hmmmmm.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Brown is a selfish pre-madonna. In other news, water is wet.

You know who else bitched, complained, and whined? Hines Ward.

That being said, I think in a very short period of time, this team will be able to utilize our WR group, and we could trade Brown and not miss a beat. With WR's and RB's, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

This was his fourth incident within a calendar year...

- Tomlin having to sit him down to tell him to stop "stat chasing"
- Posting his coaches private locker room words on social media
- The pouting incident in NE
- The hissy fit Sunday

I think he would have been moved before the new extension and I severely doubt the Rooneys are unaware of his selfish behavior and me first attitude.

I have no doubt the team would roll along well without him, especially given their track record for finding flankers. However, as long as he produces, coaches/owners and many fans will look the other way and we will keep hearing code words like "passion" and "just wants to win" as an excuse.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

- The hissy fit Sunday

I think he would have been moved before the new extension and I severely doubt the Rooneys are unaware of his selfish behavior and me first attitude.

I have no doubt the team would roll along well without him, especially given their track record for finding flankers. However, as long as he produces, coaches/owners and many fans will look the other way and we will keep hearing code words like "passion" and "just wants to win" as an excuse.

Yeah thats a good risk to take.

Get rid of an elite level player because he is annoying.

That screams recipe for success to me.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If I were Ben, I would focus on my own game at this point. Through 4 games, he looks like a slightly above QB. Hard to call yourself a leader when you are crapping the bed.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

- The hissy fit Sunday

Given that the Steelers backed up the Brinks truck for him (which was smart of them to do), I don’t think they really care. If they’re winning games, and he’s putting up 1500 yard seasons, you grin and bear it.

If he puts up a couple 10 catch, 100-150 yard, 1-2 TD performances over the next few weeks, we’ll all forget that he flipped over a Gatorade cooler.

This is much more of a fan/media “issue” than anything in my opinion.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If I were Ben, I would focus on my own game at this point. Through 4 games, he looks like a slightly above QB. Hard to call yourself a leader when you are crapping the bed.

Well, a) he's a leader because he was made a team captain, and b) he's actually won something in his career.

In Pittsburgh though, the vocal dissenting opinions always go against the franchise QB.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Well, a) he's a leader because he was made a team captain, and b) he's actually won something in his career.

In Pittsburgh though, the vocal dissenting opinions always go against the franchise QB.
That may all be well and good, but the simple fact remains he has played like a slightly above average QB through 25% of the season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Given that the Steelers backed up the Brinks truck for him (which was smart of them to do), I don’t think they really care. If they’re winning games, and he’s putting up 1500 yard seasons, you grin and bear it.

If he puts up a couple 10 catch, 100-150 yard, 1-2 TD performances over the next few weeks, we’ll all forget that he flipped over a Gatorade cooler.

This is much more of a fan/media “issue” than anything in my opinion.

A large percentage of fans care more about fantasy points and Brown's stats, so I'm 100% sure he isn't being called out to appease fans.

Roth called him out twice since Jan, Tomlin has called him out twice in public and had to speak to him privately about "stat chasing", while Miller had to speak to him about showing up teammates.

They didn't do this stuff for the fans, they did it because it's unacceptable behavior for any football player, let alone a supposed team "leader".

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
A large percentage of fans care more about fantasy points and Brown's stats, so I'm 100% sure he isn't being called out to appease fans.

Roth called him out twice since Jan, Tomlin has called him out twice in public and had to speak to him privately about "stat chasing", while Miller had to speak to him about showing up teammates.

They didn't do this stuff for the fans, they did it because it's unacceptable behavior for any football player, let alone a supposed team "leader".

And yet they keep accepting it.

While other player with worse behavior in Bryant and Bell getting repeatedly suspended and actually costing their team a better chance at winning games. Roethlisberger getting accused of rape twice resulting in a suspension. That's much closer to unacceptable behavior. And yet they still keep accepting it.

Browns behavior is unprofessional, regrettable but nowhere near unacceptable. Because if it was it wouldn't be accepted.

Annoying isn't the same thing as unacceptable, my daughter chewing with her mouth open is annoying, so i try to correct it. But it isn't unacceptable.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

If we know one thing, it’s that Ben isn’t above creating/maintaining a little drama. While I think he’s certainly within his rights as captain to speak up about this, I also heard what the other captain (Heyward) said, where he basically brushed it off as a non-story (because it is). Yeah, it’s probably a little annoying to have to answer questions about it, but again, that’s largely driven by the media and fans wanting to know about it, rather than it being an actual problem.

Reading Brown’s comments from his media session today, it sounds like everything is good to go. If they’re moving on, so am I.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
If we know one thing, it’s that Ben isn’t above creating/maintaining a little drama. While I think he’s certainly within his rights as captain to speak up about this, I also heard what the other captain (Heyward) said, where he basically brushed it off as a non-story (because it is). Yeah, it’s probably a little annoying to have to answer questions about it, but again, that’s largely driven by the media and fans wanting to know about it, rather than it being an actual problem.

Reading Brown’s comments from his media session today, it sounds like everything is good to go. If they’re moving on, so am I.

BR's drama is similar to what Bradshaw did, where he admitted to playing up injuries and pretending to be hurt worse than he actually was. He theorized it helped him be a better leader and set an example for being tough and blah blah.

That kind of drama I can at least understand, even if I think it's kind of silly. Brown's drama has no positive ramifications whatsoever.

At least today Brown said he deserved to be called out and admitted that shit affects the team and especially the young guys. I think he was being contrite and honest, but I suspect he will forget those words next time things don't go his way.

It would be nice to be wrong though and see him live up to his words.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
6-0 for the Nittany Lions heading into the bye. Michigan and OSU looms.

Just a friendly reminder that it's never too late to support your state university as they compete for a national championship.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Did NFL finally cut ties with Koman? I saw a commercial by the NFL where it's more about awareness than just putting money to research that goes nowhere. It was almost like a shot at them as they announced their new campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad