OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Heyward, Hilton, Shazier, and Bell have had top-notch games. I love Hilton blitzing out of that slot corner spot.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
That dud against Chicago is going to haunt us.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha....Maybe Ravens shouldn't taken the bye week after all.

Reportedly, Baltimore was told they could take their bye week after the London trip. They declined, saying, "no, we want to play". Then when the NFL said, "Ok, you got it, you're playing the Steelers", supposedly they were not very happy. I love it.

Love beating that team.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And Carolina beats New England lol. Dammit we should be up two games on them.

If not for some Brady Black Magic last Sunday, they would be 1-3. Frustrating.

I've become a Raiders fan now, not just because they have bad ass uniforms, but I think they are the only team in the AFC that can stop Brady.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Hilton played incredibly well.

We're very fortunate that Flacco Flacco'd, though. Those INTs were back breaking.

The Wallace drop was also helpful. Any win, no matter how ugly, and no matter how questionable the offensive play calling in the second half, is good.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The Wallace drop was also helpful. Any win, no matter how ugly, and no matter how questionable the offensive play calling in the second half, is good.

Yeah, especially a win in Baltimore. Speaking of drops, Vance McDonald may very well have the worst hands of any player I've ever seen. His hands aren't small, so it's entirely down to technique.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Had a fantasy draft for hockey so couldn't post, but man that was a great performance by Shazier. I've seen him have those games before for OSU but man he was everywhere. When he has those games, he's as good as Polamalu at controlling tempo on defense.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Shazier's peak is as high as any defensive player in the NFL. I just wish he was a bit more consistent, both in terms of performance and (mostly) staying healthy.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I really hope we continue to use those blitzes from Hilton. He fires off that edge and is relentless.

I also think in the 2018 draft, it is time we look for a legitimate TE. James is fine as a #2, as is MacDonald. We need to find our Eifert. I also think we need to find a guy to play opposite of Davis at safety. Mitchell cannot stay healthy.

JuJu is really impressing me. I think he does little things in the game very well. He blocks very well. He is big and strong enough to work the middle of the field, and he brings the ball in and picks up some YAC. He just looks like he could be a really awesome meat and potatoes type of WR in the future. Gets you 11 yards when you need 10, blocks down field for his RB, and proves to be a consistent option when needed.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
JuJu is verrry impressive. Definitely didn't expect him to be an impact player and he looks like one.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Seeing the Brown tantrum replay again and can't help shaking my head...

This guy wants to create his own brand and I suspect would be more happy putting up 10/200 in a loss, over 5/50 and a win.

Just sick of his shit TBTH.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

This guy wants to create his own brand and I suspect would be more happy putting up 10/200 in a loss, over 5/50 and a win.

Just sick of his **** TBTH.

It was a bit of an over reaction but he is well justified to be upset with Ben there. The whole play is designed to go deep off of the fake drag route. The Ravens bought it hook, line and sinker, yet Ben totally gave up on the play and went to the check down for no reason.

It's about time somebody called Ben out considering how many times Ben has called out one of his wide receivers on the field.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
It was a bit of an over reaction but he is well justified to be upset with Ben there. The whole play is designed to go deep off of the fake drag route. The Ravens bought it hook, line and sinker, yet Ben totally gave up on the play and went to the check down for no reason.

It's about time somebody called Ben out considering how many times Ben has called out one of his wide receivers on the field.
How many times this season has he forced it downfield into double coverage when it wasn't there? Yet the one time he's actually supposed to go deep and he's got a guy wide open, he doesn't do it?

Ben this year looks like me playing Madden, which is a pretty awful thing to say about a quarterback's decision-making.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

A bit of an overreaction? Nah... it was a child's tantrum.

You don't embarrass your teammates like that, especially the guy throwing you the ball.

People need to stop making excuses for his behavior because it's getting to be a real problem. Roth has even admitted he has to stop focusing in on Brown so much... and I'm 100% sure he is doing that because Brown is always in his ear.

I'm losing count of all the selfish antics we are seeing from Brown the last several years. It's not healthy for the team, and you don't see this garbage from Julio Jones.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Just sick of his **** TBTH.
To be fair, he has every right as that stuff happens a lot in sports when a QB misses a guy wide open like that. When you do the work and your QB misses you, it's rough. It happens in the NFL a lot. Hell, it even happens in hockey when a play doesn't go the right way. Geno/Kessel?

Granted - the sum of all antics with Brown is annoying and I understand when fans hate him. But how Ben missed him on that play is beyond me. Ben has not been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->