OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
You can't understand why fans want to see a football team they follow be disciplined and held accountable for their actions?

That's a weird ass take TBTH.

Maybe each week a different Steeler can have a tantrum since it's not an issue at all. I'm sure that wouldn't cause any problems whatsoever.

1. Why should i care, he's not my child so i could not care less if he "throws a tantrum". As long as he produces on the field i could not care less. I think its much weirder to be some sort of moralist about how a grown ass man vents his frustration.

2. Why? How EXACTLY is it affecting the team? Seriously not some indirect hypothetical. Actual evidence that "tantrum" or Browns "antics" have actually hurt the team.

3. Nice dodge there. Again weird non provable hypothetical that exists in the absurd extreme. Even if he did this every single week it is WAY more likely that a bunch of pro's will become numb to it before they let it effect their season. Unless Brown literally starts attacking guys.

But you just don't like the guy so your projecting your opinion of someone you've never met onto his teammates that have known him for years without any indication that he is either disliked or a tangible distraction.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
1. Why should i care, he's not my child so i could not care less if he "throws a tantrum". As long as he produces on the field i could not care less. I think its much weirder to be some sort of moralist about how a grown ass man vents his frustration.

2. Why? How EXACTLY is it affecting the team? Seriously not some indirect hypothetical. Actual evidence that "tantrum" or Browns "antics" have actually hurt the team.

3. Nice dodge there. Again weird non provable hypothetical that exists in the absurd extreme. Even if he did this every single week it is WAY more likely that a bunch of pro's will become numb to it before they let it effect their season. Unless Brown literally starts attacking guys.

But you just don't like the guy so your projecting your opinion of someone you've never met onto his teammates that have known him for years without any indication that he is either disliked or a tangible distraction.

Unbelievable the lengths some go to defend obvious inappropriate behavior.

Once again if it's ok and healthy behavior, then a majority of players would be doing it every week, yet they don't.

I wonder why...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Unbelievable the lengths some go to defend obvious inappropriate behavior.

Once again if it's ok and healthy behavior, then a majority of players would be doing it every week, yet they don't.

I wonder why...

Unbelievable you think anything i did there was defending.

Unbelievable the length that a keyboard warrior will go to admonish someone they dont know, over something they have no idea about because of 15 seconds of a sideline "tantrum".

Let move past the obvious nonsense that you are apparently the keeper of what is and inst appropriate and healthy behavior rather than a want to be moralist.

And lets jump to these two questions...

As an adult you are telling me...

1. You have never yelled in anger?
2. You have never been angry with someone you worked with?
3. Your worst minute on this Earth isnt worse than this "tantrum"?

Because at best your are a hypocrite, if you choose to pretend you've never done any of these your both a hypocrite and a liar. And most likely your "tantrum" had the potential to be must worse in real life than this "tantrum" was to theirs.

But if you need to need to feel morally superior to Antonio Brown to get through your day, then by all means. Keep up the hand wringing and finger wagging. I mean its sad, but hey who am i to judge.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Unbelievable you think anything i did there was defending.

Unbelievable the length that a keyboard warrior will go to admonish someone they dont know, over something they have no idea about because of 15 seconds of a sideline "tantrum".

Let move past the obvious nonsense that you are apparently the keeper of what is and inst appropriate and healthy behavior rather than a want to be moralist.

And lets jump to these two questions...

As an adult you are telling me...

1. You have never yelled in anger?
2. You have never been angry with someone you worked with?
3. Your worst minute on this Earth isnt worse than this "tantrum"?

Because at best your are a hypocrite, if you choose to pretend you've never done any of these your both a hypocrite and a liar. And most likely your "tantrum" had the potential to be must worse in real life than this "tantrum" was to theirs.

But if you need to need to feel morally superior to Antonio Brown to get through your day, then by all means. Keep up the hand wringing and finger wagging. I mean its sad, but hey who am i to judge.

That's a whole lot of keyboard diarrhea to justify a leader throwing a tantrum on the sidelines.

You basically said it's ok for Bryant to have a tantrum next week, then JuJu the week after, and so on.

Astonishing that posters like yourself don't get why this behavior is troublesome and should not be happening.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
That's a whole lot of keyboard diarrhea to justify a leader throwing a tantrum on the sidelines.

You basically said it's ok for Bryant to have a tantrum next week, then JuJu the week after, and so on.

Astonishing that posters like yourself don't get why this behavior is troublesome and try to excuse it away.

No its a whole lot of perspective for the keyboard warrior that cant seem to understand that nobody cares what you believe to be proper behavior. Because you are nobody, cant prove there was and tangible negative effect from it, and are likely worse than the person your judging.

I could care less if Bryant and JuJu get into a god damn fight on the sideline next week and the week after as long as there are no serious injuries. You taking a one off situation, expanding to an everyday occurrence to try and prove something you cannot prove.

Whats astonishing to believe someone who is supposed to be a grown adult thinks incessantly whining on a message board about a persons behavior whom they dont know isnt more troubling. Why is two co-workers getting into an argument that big of a deal?

It isnt.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
We are literally talking about a sport where teammates literally fist fight in training cap and practices. On a forum dedicated where players literally fight in games and teammates fight in practice on occasion. In sports where people hurls themselves at each other at high end speeds.

But a sideline argument is all of a sudden some sort of team destroying action and Antonio Brown is some out of control animal.

Or it was a short term frustration that not only didnt effect that particular game but 99.999% of the time wont effect anything.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No its a whole lot of perspective for the keyboard warrior that cant seem to understand that nobody cares what you believe to be proper behavior. Because you are nobody, cant prove there was and tangible negative effect from it, and are likely worse than the person your judging.

I could care less if Bryant and JuJu get into a god damn fight on the sideline next week and the week after as long as there are no serious injuries. You taking a one off situation, expanding to an everyday occurrence to try and prove something you cannot prove.

Whats astonishing to believe someone who is supposed to be a grown adult thinks incessantly whining on a message board about a persons behavior whom they dont know isnt more troubling. Why is two co-workers getting into an argument that big of a deal?

It isnt.

Not a single coach at any level would call what Brown did acceptable. Not from Pop Warner to the NFL. How that simple fact escapes you and your keyboard diarrhea pollutes my screen trying to rationalize it, is actually quite disturbing.

This is an ego maniac less than six games removed from embrassing his coach to further his own "brand" and now he pulls this shit again (because it's not the first time he tried to show up his QB with a tantrum).

You ramble about his teammates not caring, which is easily the most asinine thing spewing off your keyboard in the last several posts, and that's saying a lot.

A former teammate just blasted the hell out of him today. Ryan Clark spoke the truth when he said:

"Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown. God forbid a guy that is targeted over ten times a game is missed once"

His QB and current teammate said this morning:

"I'm not trying to call AB out, but I just think this is causing a distraction that none of us really need.”

His coach said this morning that this isn't what a leader should be showing to his younger teammates and he needs to "be a professional"

Keep trying to justify what he did though.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Joe Greene blasted him last year after the post playoff live streaming that AB did. Said he "wouldn't want him on his team after that". Ben called it a "distraction".

It's not surprising that AB threw a hissy fit last game. Incredible player, but very selfish.

Hopefully he will cool it on the tantrums.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Not a single coach at any level would call what Brown did acceptable. Not from Pop Warner to the NFL. How that simple fact escapes you and your keyboard diarrhea pollutes my screen trying to rationalize it, is actually quite disturbing.

This is an ego maniac less than six games removed from embrassing his coach to further his own "brand" and now he pulls this **** again (because it's not the first time he tried to show up his QB with a tantrum).

You ramble about his teammates not caring, which is easily the most asinine thing spewing off your keyboard in the last several posts, and that's saying a lot.

A former teammate just blasted the hell out of him today. Ryan Clark spoke the truth when he said:

"Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown. God forbid a guy that is targeted over ten times a game is missed once"

His QB and current teammate said this morning:

"I'm not trying to call AB out, but I just think this is causing a distraction that none of us really need.”

His coach said this morning that this isn't what a leader should be showing to his younger teammates and he needs to "be a professional"

Keep trying to justify what he did though.

You must not understand what justify mean because i never once did it.

What i did was correctly point out that your overreacting to it. While also most likely being a hypocrite as well.

What ramifications does this "unacceptable" behavior have?

Its just news fodder that the wannnabe morals police focus on to validate yourselves.

The guy spouted off, so what?

Tomlin will say dont do it again, Ben we be like "come on man" and they will move the f*** on. Because their pros and men. Pro football players fight with each other either verbally, phyisically, privately or publicly but it happens on a weekly basis around the league. Its called testosterone, try some.

I cant imagine being your parents, did you tell on everybody that yelled at you?

Maybe we should have an all polite WR corp, it can be 5 slow slow white slot recievers, they would be sooooooooo acceptable behaved.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Brown could start crying and stomping his feet for all i care. Its just a game, no need to get worked up over what Brown does.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Expressing emotion, even negative emotion, is fine. Throwing a tantrum and arguing with your OC because your QB didn't throw to you once is a different story.

Tomlin might say "don't do it again", but that's a pretty weak response that seems par for the course from an ineffectual coach.

Reactions: td_ice

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
My hope is that Ben and Bryant get that timing down and those 45 yard bombs they are missing by a foot or two become big time connections. They aren't far away.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You must not understand what justify mean because i never once did it.

What i did was correctly point out that your overreacting to it. While also most likely being a hypocrite as well.

What ramifications does this "unacceptable" behavior have?

Its just news fodder that the wannnabe morals police focus on to validate yourselves.

The guy spouted off, so what?

Tomlin will say dont do it again, Ben we be like "come on man" and they will move the **** on. Because their pros and men. Pro football players fight with each other either verbally, phyisically, privately or publicly but it happens on a weekly basis around the league. Its called testosterone, try some.

I cant imagine being your parents, did you tell on everybody that yelled at you?

Maybe we should have an all polite WR corp, it can be 5 slow slow white slot recievers, they would be sooooooooo acceptable behaved.

Bring the hyperbole and let it rain because it's all you got left playboy.

Brown got called out by his coach, his Qb and a former teammate.

I guess all of their mommies yelled at them too much also.

Cling to your hyperbole and keep spewing your keyboard diarrhea all over this thread.

It won't change the fact Brown is a selfish diva that just got called out by his peers.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh

your projecting your opinion of someone you've never met onto his teammates that have known him for years without any indication that he is either disliked or a tangible distraction.

Um, how about Roethlisberger always forcing the ball to Brown even with others open?? Or do you think that's not related to Brown's complaining?

As for the second part, comments are being made now (Ryan Clark, Ben, Tomlin). Maybe his teammates have tried to be professional prior to this and not create MORE of an issue?

In the end, I sort of get where you are coming from--if Brown and the team still get the job done, no need to freak out about it. At the same time, you could still admit his behavior is ridiculous for a grown man and as a TEAMmate.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Bring the hyperbole and let it rain because it's all you got left playboy.

Brown got called out by his coach, his Qb and a former teammate.

I guess all of their mommies yelled at them too much also.

Cling to your hyperbole and keep spewing your keyboard diarrhea all over this thread.

It won't change the fact Brown is a selfish diva that just got called out by his peers.

So what?

Who the **** cares?

And hyperbole? Seriously? Mr. "Unacceptable". Crying on the internet because a pro football player got mad at his teammate. Which last i check effects YOU in no way what so ever. Other than the euphoric high you get trying to make yourself feel better than a pro athlete by playing Mr. Highhorse.

When this "unacceptable tantrum" makes the Steelers a worse football team, let me know. Until then have fun getting angry over what another grown man, that you have zero interaction, does on the sideline. Its getting sad.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Um, how about Roethlisberger always forcing the ball to Brown even with others open?? Or do you think that's not related to Brown's complaining?

As for the second part, comments are being made now (Ryan Clark, Ben, Tomlin). Maybe his teammates have tried to be professional prior to this and not create MORE of an issue?

In the end, I sort of get where you are coming from--if Brown and the team still get the job done, no need to freak out about it. At the same time, you could still admit his behavior is ridiculous for a grown man and as a TEAMmate.

1. I don't think that related to Browns complaining at all. I think its related to Brown being one of the best if not the best WR in the NFL for the last half decade and having no other real option for long stretches of that time.

2. Why do i care about what Ryan Clark thinks? Honestly why do I care what Tomlin and Ben think? I could not care less if the hate his f'ing guts. As longs as he does job and they do theirs.

3. Its not the way i would act, and it not the way i would teach my kid to act but at the end of the day, i couldn't care less as long as it is not tangibly negativity effecting the team i root for. Its not my job to PC police Antonio Brown, because last i checked he's a grown ass man and i aint his daddy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So what?

Who the **** cares?

And hyperbole? Seriously? Mr. "Unacceptable". Crying on the internet because a pro football player got mad at his teammate. Which last i check effects YOU in no way what so ever. Other than the euphoric high you get trying to make yourself feel better than a pro athlete by playing Mr. Highhorse.

When this "unacceptable tantrum" makes the Steelers a worse football team, let me know. Until then have fun getting angry over what another grown man, that you have zero interaction, does on the sideline. Its getting sad.

You need to man up and PayPal me $6.79 to replace the disinfectant wipes I used to clean my screen every time your keyboard diarrhea has exploded all over my screen.

This has been a pretty disturbing look into your own psyche to be frank and your inability to recognize what the real issue is here is quite telling about you, unfortunately.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It’s called being a professional. I don’t understand what’s hard to see about Brown’s actions being unacceptable behavior. He is rightfully being called out for that unacceptable behavior.

Athletes are still employed by someone and have a code of conduct to abide by. They’re also public figures, so there’s more scrutiny for them than you sitting in your cubicle...and rightfully so.

He needs to grow up and it’s not wrong for people to say that.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I'm just glad we're not discussing the anthem or any other protests anymore.

I also learned how to spell diarrhea correctly. So there's that.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
You need to man up and PayPal me $6.79 to replace the disinfectant wipes I used to clean my screen every time your keyboard diarrhea has exploded all over my screen.

This has been a pretty disturbing look into your own psyche to be frank and your inability to recognize what the real issue is here is quite telling about you, unfortunately.

Says the "grown up" running to a message board to shit talk a pro athlete because he got angry for a couple minutes.

Please what is the "real issue" here? Do people not get mad in your safe space? Do people not yell in your safe space?

The only issue here is another finger wagging from the common keyboard warrior. Trust me i'd rather know 100 "selfish, petulant etc" Antonio Brown's than 1 passive aggressive, high horser than gets off on the smell of their own farts.

The best part is that your doing EXACTLY what he did, except your doing it against a complete stranger on a message board. You are sad.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I'm just glad we're not discussing the anthem or any other protests anymore.

I also learned how to spell diarrhea correctly. So there's that.

Oh yeah? But what if Brown threw a tantrum about the anthem in protest?

In other news, I know we havent played any top teams yet, but Im actually encouraged by the pass defense so far. Ive only caught bits and pieces of games this year but Im really excited for Haden to be on this team.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It’s called being a professional. I don’t understand what’s hard to see about Brown’s actions being unacceptable behavior. He is rightfully being called out for that unacceptable behavior.

Athletes are still employed by someone and have a code of conduct to abide by. They’re also public figures, so there’s more scrutiny for them than you sitting in your cubicle...and rightfully so.

He needs to grow up and it’s not wrong for people to say that.

How about we let his employer decide what is and isnt acceptable at their workplace. Who the F is anyone here to decide that for them.

As far "unacceptable". Please go ahead and dont accept it. It will change nothing. The fact that you think you have any authority to decide what is and isn't acceptable is comical. He didnt commit a crime, he didnt endanger someone, he had a hissy fit. So the F what?

Pretty sure Antonio Brown doesn't care what you think is acceptable or not either. He is a grown ass man and cant act how he wants. The only people with the authority to deem his actions unacceptable are the Steelers and the NFL.

How he acts is none of anyone elses damn business.

Maybe if everyone took as much time and effort and accountability for their own behavior as they do a strangers we might actually start getting somewhere as a species.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Says the "grown up" running to a message board to **** talk a pro athlete because he got angry for a couple minutes.

Please what is the "real issue" here? Do people not get mad in your safe space? Do people not yell in your safe space?

The only issue here is another finger wagging from the common keyboard warrior. Trust me i'd rather know 100 "selfish, petulant etc" Antonio Brown's than 1 passive aggressive, high horser than gets off on the smell of their own farts.

The best part is that your doing EXACTLY what he did, except your doing it against a complete stranger on a message board. You are sad.

Look at yourself still going on... it's quite embarrassing.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Look at yourself still going on... it's quite embarrassing.

Blah, blah, blah. Oh beacon of right and wrong. Decider of acceptability. Guiding light in a sea of what is and what should never be. Highest of all horses. Wagger of all fingers. Wringer of most hands.

Please impart your moral guidance on strangers over your keyboard.

Because this is clearly a case of a heinous crime, oh wait, a hissy fit that needs to be struck down by your judgement. Never mind you are clearly a hypocrite. Never mind it clearly effects you in no way what so ever. Never mind it will have no real effect on the world or even the Steelers. You have a golden opportunity to play principal. To validate yourself. To hold yourself above.

Fly high young eagle, fly high.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Blah, blah, blah. Oh beacon of right and wrong. Decider of acceptability. Guiding light in a sea of what is and what should never be. Highest of all horses. Wagger of all fingers. Wringer of most hands.

Please impart your moral guidance on strangers over your keyboard.

Because this is clearly a case of a heinous crime, oh wait, a hissy fit that needs to be struck down by your judgement. Never mind you are clearly a hypocrite. Never mind it clearly effects you in no way what so ever. Never mind it will have no real effect on the world or even the Steelers. You have a golden opportunity to play principal. To validate yourself. To hold yourself above.

Fly high young eagle, fly high.

It's obvious you just can't stop making an ass of yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad