OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Something Something Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
It's obvious you just can't stop making an ass of yourself...

Its obvious i cant match the moral high ground of the hissy fit avenger.

P.S. listening to ESPN radio today and they are literally talking about when Brown has told them in the past that he and Ben do this all the time. That they argue like an old married couple and wont even talk to each other at times.

Sure hasn't effected them to this point. He's only been the best receiver in the league BTW.

But you know better.

Fly young eagle, show us how small you really are.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

P.S. listening to ESPN radio today and they are literally talking about when Brown has told them in the past that he and Ben do this all the time. That they argue like an old married couple and wont even talk to each other at times.

Sure hasn't effected them to this point. He's only been the best receiver in the league BTW.

But you know better.

I'm not getting caught up in this garbage, but do you realize you are doing the same thing you are complaining about other people doing except to far less significant and impactful people?

You're complaining about people going online and talking about their opinions and thoughts of other people (sports and the players) on a forum and venue that is intended entirely for that purpose while you do exactly the same about the people using the forum for what it was intended for and criticizing their behavior in the same way they are criticizing ABs or anyone else's.

Except this place is meant to talk about the sports, teams, and players and not the other random "meaningless" posters as you describe them, yet somehow you spewing your views of them expressing their views is far more justified.

Please don't talk about hypocrisy. Maybe you should find a forum that is intended for posters to discuss and attack each other because the intent of this one is to talk about our opinions of these players and teams and that's all people are doing. You hate the moral authority idea yet somehow you are the "what is an acceptable opinion to have" police for the thousands of people on this forum and in the real world.

While other people get off their high horse maybe you should come down from your ivory tower.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

But you know better.

From a man who played with him and knows him better than you:

Antonio has done an extremely good job of tricking people,” former teammate Ryan Clark said on ESPN Radio. “He’s done a very good spin job of having us think, or making people think who don’t know him, that it’s all about the Pittsburgh Steelers, [Brown is] just a hard worker who’s here to win football games. No, Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown. If you listen to people talk about him. If you listen to the media, a lot of time the fans, they have an adoration for him that is not necessarily a depiction of who he is. He’s like most receivers. He’s selfish.”

From his QB and team leader:

I don't know he needs to react that way. He's superhuman on the football field, and when that happens it almost brings him back to being a mere mortal if you will. Because it gets in his head and it just messes with all of us a little bit.

I guess the team leader saying it affects those around him doesn't count because moral high ground and mommy hugs...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I'm not getting caught up in this garbage, but do you realize you are doing the same thing you are complaining about other people doing except to far less significant and impactful people?

You're complaining about people going online and talking about their opinions and thoughts of other people (sports and the players) on a forum and venue that is intended entirely for that purpose while you do exactly the same about the people using the forum for what it was intended for and criticizing their behavior in the same way they are criticizing ABs or anyone else's.

Except this place is meant to talk about the sports, teams, and players and not the other random "meaningless" posters as you describe them, yet somehow you spewing your views of them expressing their views is far more justified.

Please don't talk about hypocrisy. Maybe you should find a forum that is intended for posters to discuss and attack each other because the intent of this one is to talk about our opinions of these players and teams and that's all people are doing. You hate the moral authority idea yet somehow you are the "what is an acceptable opinion to have" police for the thousands of people on this forum and in the real world.

What i did was simple say the sentence... I dont understand why people care about this stuff.

That somehow was turned into me justifying Browns "unacceptable" behavior.

I have no problem people discussing Browns behavior, i'm merely calling out what it is, to that person. I have no allusion that it will drill the emotional overreaction out of anybody.

You can have the opinion that its "unacceptable" but im going to call out that opinion for what it is. To that person directly.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I have no problem with AB waiving his hands in anger and being initially reactionary. We all are reactionary even on this board when things go wrong during a Pens or Steelers game.

I have no problem with him screaming in anger as he's going off the field. That stuff happens all the time with players from almost every position offense or defense.

I don't think he should have thrown the water jug and especially not smack away Haleys hand. Despite what we all think of Haley. That's technically his boss so that shouldn't have happened.

I think Ben and Tomlin throwing his tantrum under the bus was a bit off too. This kind of stuff should be kept in house. Unless they've tried it multiple times and they think it's the only way to get through to him.

He's going to get pissed when he doesn't get the ball when he's open. Good be pissed. I'd rather him be pissed than indifferent. Just can't flip shit like that all the time.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I have no problem with AB waiving his hands in anger and being initially reactionary. We all are reactionary even on this board when things go wrong during a Pens or Steelers game.

I have no problem with him screaming in anger as he's going off the field. That stuff happens all the time with players from almost every position offense or defense.

I don't think he should have thrown the water jug and especially not smack away Haleys hand. Despite what we all think of Haley. That's technically his boss so that shouldn't have happened.

I think Ben and Tomlin throwing his tantrum under the bus was a bit off too. This kind of stuff should be kept in house. Unless they've tried it multiple times and they think it's the only way to get through to him.

He's going to get pissed when he doesn't get the ball when he's open. Good be pissed. I'd rather him be pissed than indifferent. Just can't flip **** like that all the time.

You honestly think they haven't tried that on several occasions?

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
From a man who played with him and knows him better than you:

From his QB and team leader:

I guess the team leader saying it affects those around him doesn't count because moral high ground and mommy hugs...

Oh please who cares if he is selfish. A lot of people are selfish. Most WR's are selfish. Why is this a detriment to the Steelers?

I think the team leader is a tad peeved at Antonio and took a shot in the moment. But again who cares? It certainly hasnt effected the teams performance. I could not care less if they hate each others guts. At the end of the day they are effective on the field and thats what matters.

If you actually believe Antonio Brown makes someone miss a block or hot the wrong hole your delusional.

And PS why is it acceptable for the teams QB to stoke the fires in a press conference to you? How is that less detrimental that a sideline blowup? Or are you once again being a hypocrite.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Oh please who cares if he is selfish. A lot of people are selfish. Most WR's are selfish. Why is this a detriment to the Steelers?

I think the team leader is a tad peeved at Antonio and took a shot in the moment. But again who cares? It certainly hasnt effected the teams performance. I could not care less if they hate each others guts. At the end of the day they are effective on the field and thats what matters.

If you actually believe Antonio Brown makes someone miss a block or hot the wrong hole your delusional.

And PS why is it acceptable for the teams QB to stoke the fires in a press conference to you? How is that less detrimental that a sideline blowup? Or are you once again being a hypocrite.

Maybe because doing it in private hasn't been working. Did you hear Tomlin's comments from yesterday? How about Ryan Clark's? This isn't just Ben vs. AB.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh

Does the fact that you can't accept someone having a different opinion than you (where there is no objectively right answer) without making it personal and insulting make you a hypocrite? Have you never disagreed with someone in the real world and in the work place without attacking their personal character and ability to live their life and function?

You attack everyone for not being able to understand handling disagreements professionally yet you attack their character because you have a disagreement with them without knowing them personally whatsoever.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Once again not much left but hyperbole since I continue to blow up your nonsense with quotes from those who actually know the man and have played with him.

It's quite clear they have had enough of his selfishness and diva attitude.

However, you keep having your own little tantrums in this thread so it's become quite clear why you just don't get it...

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Maybe because doing it in private hasn't been working. Did you hear Tomlin's comments from yesterday? How about Ryan Clark's? This isn't just Ben vs. AB.

Nothing needs to be working. Ab aint gonna change because he took "heat" in a presser. And thats assuming its a real problem to begin with. Considering he's averaged 1579 yeard per season the last 4 years, and is on pace for 1552 this year. Any "problem" here is overblown at best.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Nothing needs to be working. Ab aint gonna change because he took "heat" in a presser. And thats assuming its a real problem to begin with. Considering he's averaged 1579 yeard per season the last 4 years, and is on pace for 1552 this year. Any "problem" here is overblown at best.

Then why act like a big baby? So he was wide open and his QB didn't see him? Big deal. Not the first time a QB missed a wide open WR, and it won't be the last. AB will get his catches and yards. The fact that his QB, coach, and former teammate are calling him out should signal that this issue goes beyond one occasion where a water cooler was flipped.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Once again not much left but hyperbole since I continue to blow up your nonsense with quotes from those who actually know the man and have played with him.

It's quite clear they have had enough of his selfishness and diva attitude.

However, you keep having your own little tantrums in this thread so it's become quite clear why you just don't get it...

Answer this question instead of evading it.

Who cares if they are sick of him?

He is still productive. I COULD NOT CARE LESS, if they would spit on each other as they lay dying. As long as it doesn't effect the end result on the field.

Show me any proof that it has.

ANY

And please what on earth is "it" that i don't get. What makes you the authority on "it" and why should anyone care?

Jordan punched Kerr (6 time champs)
Bonds and Kent despised each other fought in dugout (WS appearance)
Shaq and Kobe were oil and water (3 straight championships)
Arod and Jeter won a title
Owens and McNabb went to the SB

Sometimes alphas but heads, sometimes alphas hate each other, sometimes alphas sometimes fight each other. As long as it doesnt effect the team on the field. Who cares.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Then why act like a big baby? So he was wide open and his QB didn't see him? Big deal. Not the first time a QB missed a wide open WR, and it won't be the last. AB will get his catches and yards. The fact that his QB, coach, and former teammate are calling him out should signal that this issue goes beyond one occasion where a water cooler was flipped.

I dont care if he does this 3 time per half time and every practice. If it aint broke why bother whining about it needing fixed.

And to answer your first question, he obviously overreacted. I don't think anyone is arguing otherwise. My point is... why is it such a big deal to you (or any other fan)? Its not affecting you. Its not affecting his performance. Its not causing the team to lose games. Why should anyone not named Tomlin, Roethlisberger or Haley care. And im quite confident they can handle themselves and this "situation" even if they hate each other on a personal level.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Answer this question instead of evading it.

Who cares if they are sick of him?

He is still productive. I COULD NOT CARE LESS, if they would spit on each other as they lay dying. As long as it doesn't effect the end result on the field.

Show me any proof that it has.

ANY

And please what on earth is "it" that i don't get. What makes you the authority on "it" and why should anyone care?

Jordan punched Kerr (6 time champs)
Bonds and Kent despised each other fought in dugout (WS appearance)
Shaq and Kobe were oil and water (3 straight championships)
Arod and Jeter won a title
Owens and McNabb went to the SB

Sometimes alphas but heads, sometimes alphas hate each other, sometimes alphas sometimes fight each other. As long as it doesnt effect the team on the field. Who cares.

Pay attention instead of imploding and making a fool of yourself.

BR said straight out it affects his teammates when he acts like that and he also called it a distraction they don't need.

How you STILL don't get this is simply mind boggling.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Does the fact that you can't accept someone having a different opinion than you (where there is no objectively right answer) without making it personal and insulting make you a hypocrite? Have you never disagreed with someone in the real world and in the work place without attacking their personal character and ability to live their life and function?

You attack everyone for not being able to understand handling disagreements professionally yet you attack their character because you have a disagreement with them without knowing them personally whatsoever.

I completely accept that they have a different opinion. My opinion of there opinion is what it is.

I never attacked anyone for professional disagreements handling? Not sure what your talking about here.

I attacked someone that came after me. And i dont care if that upsets you. What i didnt do is attack someone that has no idea that i exist about a situation i have no idea about.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Pay attention instead of imploding and making a fool of yourself.

BR said straight out it affects his teammates when he acts like that and he also called it a distraction they don't need.

How you STILL don't get this is simply mind boggling.

Prove that it affects them on the field. Maybe just maybe he was taking a shot at a guy that hes in a disagreement with. Oh no that cant be.

A distraction they dont need. Who cares? Pretty sure they are 3-1 and last i check the reason they lost the one game wasnt Antonio Brown. Unless this beef is making Eli Rogers drop punts and causing gaping holes in the run D.

I get it you dont like Antonio Brown. You dont like "look at me people". You dont like people who celebrate. You dont like people who are "divas". And guess what, i dont either. But if you really truly believe that this will affect the Steelers record or performance, you are delusional. You are trying to fit this action into a preconceived dislike for a guy.

I bet if Ben gave Brown h*ll on the sidelines about running the wrong route there would be ZERO peeps. Just like there was ZERO peeps when Ben fanned the flames/distraction by answering the question the way we did. If it was such a big deal why didnt he say "were cool" and end the media end of the distraction right then and there?

If you want to discuss this objectively we can.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
ben is an idiot. browns tantrum was in the middle of an especially emotional game, ben thought this would be a good idea.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
ben is an idiot. browns tantrum was in the middle of an especially emotional game, ben thought this would be a good idea.

You do know Tomlin called out AB too, right? I mean, I know this city never passes up an opportunity to crap on the franchise QBs, but acting like Ben is the only one who is taking issue with AB's antics or even that this is the only instance of AB being too much of a distraction is just plain wrong.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
For all that we complain about Ben, it's still at home and Bortles hasn't exactly done anything to have much faith in him since 2 seasons ago. And while the matchups have obviously helped, the pass D has looked pretty solid so far and with the personnel changes, there is at least reason to believe it could be fairly legitimate.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
This game makes me nostalgic for AFC Central games against Tom Coughlin, Mark Brunell and Fred Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad