The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The numbers make a little more sense when I heard they're supposed to resemble Greek font and the top right corners represent East Tennessee, but I think they're still the only things I'm not sold on.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the titans blew the new uniforms. should have went with the powder blue as the main color. would have been unique (Preds gold) and is very complementary on a uniform with other colors. could have went in a "new direction. a lot of teams have that blue as a primary color.

Reactions: Gnashville

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The numbers make a little more sense when I heard they're supposed to resemble Greek font and the top right corners represent East Tennessee, but I think they're still the only things I'm not sold on.

Why would they want to represent East Tennessee? Do they have the 3 stars on them somewhere? I read it had them but I didn't see a version that looked like it was actually there. I think they missed a good opportunity to add a little gold on there. Make Nashville associated with that color for its sports teams. Not a bad thing marketing-wise.

Reactions: adsfan

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Why would they want to represent East Tennessee? Do they have the 3 stars on them somewhere? I read it had them but I didn't see a version that looked like it was actually there. I think they missed a good opportunity to add a little gold on there. Make Nashville associated with that color for its sports teams. Not a bad thing marketing-wise.
The top right corners of the numbers are roughly shaped like the corner of East Tennessee but that's obviously a very local reference. It would've been cool to see a color scheme similar to the Preds and Nashville SC but I'm okay with them having their own identity. Also, the "Nashville color scheme" very much could look too much like the Chargers if they stayed with mainly navy and white with gold.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The Argos have a two tone blue scheme that reflects their history. Cambridge blue and Oxford blue. The Argos originated from a rowing club. (Thus Argonauts)n And their blues are named after the two most famous rowing clubs in the world: Oxford and Cambridge. I know one of the colors for the Titans is named "Cumberland Blue". There could be a minor case but it would be settled out of court because it's a petty complaint.

Also, who's legal team is going to win? the NFL or CFL? If anything the Argos color scheme came just after the Titans made their original scheme so it could be a complaint from the NFL to the CFL. I would not be surprised to see if the original designer made both unis.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Of all the sports that young kids get into, my four year old son showed no interest (Soccer, baseball, football, hockey). But a few months ago while watching "The Way of the Dragon" he says that he wants to be like Bruce Lee.

Started Taekwondo lessons this week and he absolutely loves it. What he really likes is showing respect to the instructors and classmates by bowing. I think this is going to be really awesome!

Reactions: adsfan

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Thank the Lawd for the Preds win today. During the game, I’d flip over to the Braves/Cubs game and saw the Braves blow a 10-2 lead.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
At least my Reds are not going to tease us fans with a good start this year. Straight to the bottom of the whole MLB right off the bat. I appreciate the fact that I dont even need to try to learn the names of the players this year.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ok I gotta say I love that after going undefeated UCF declared themselves National Champions in college football and have gone full bore with it. T-shirts, parades, banners, rings and signage in the stadium.

Personally I love the middle finger they are throwing at the system.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Ok I gotta say I love that after going undefeated UCF declared themselves National Champions in college football and have gone full bore with it. T-shirts, parades, banners, rings and signage in the stadium.

Personally I love the middle finger they are throwing at the system.
I have seen people wearing a UFC National Championship t shirts myself. It is clear the playoffs need to be expanded to 8 (all 5 Conference champions plus 3 at large) rotate the games among 6 bowls (Rose, Cotton, Orange, Peach, Sugar, Fiesta) with the Championship game as an extra game in one of the 6 venues.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

The Pittsburgh pro sports teams all have white, black and gold uniforms. The Pirates, Steelers and Penguins. The Pens were originally dark blue, powder blue and gold, but changed colors in January of 1980. They are the only US city that I know of where the pro sports teams all use the same colors.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Pittsburgh pro sports teams all have white, black and gold uniforms. The Pirates, Steelers and Penguins. The Pens were originally dark blue, powder blue and gold, but changed colors in January of 1980. They are the only US city that I know of where the pro sports teams all use the same colors.

The Preds and Titans should have both based their colors off of the Nashville flag or the Tennessee flag.

I think this will never happen though because the Titans will always keep the power blue as an homage to their Oilers roots and none of the Preds colors go well with that other than the Navy. And obviously the Preds are not about to switch to two-tone blue.

But overall yes, I wish more cities teams had coordinated their color schemes.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Admirals have used double blue jerseys in recent years. And the old Pens.

1_first_shirts.jpg

upload_2018-4-22_8-49-29.jpeg
admirals2015-jerseys.jpg

Last edited:

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
At least my Reds are not going to tease us fans with a good start this year. Straight to the bottom of the whole MLB right off the bat. I appreciate the fact that I dont even need to try to learn the names of the players this year.

I took my Reds magnet home from work last year. I will bring it back when they are respectable. It was too cold this year to wear my Lou Pinella Manager's jacket for opening day in Milwaukee. It was about 33 F, which makes it too cold even to wear it to work.

Bryan Price was canned already, a la Tony Perez. When the Reds won their third game of the season, three different people at work mentioned it. They were trying to be nice. The Reds need just about everything for the team. Two or three starters, a real bullpen and a few players that can hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad