The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I wasn’t watching it either but I do follow Adam Schefter on Twitter and he went into full Brady/Pats love when a QB was used with the #199th pick. I was having fun with “the next Tom Brady” label being placed on Falk.

Tackle. The guy has footwork for it but I'd love to see him as a TE. Or power FB.
Blocking is illegal in Rugby so it will be interesting how the coaches teach him techniques and blocking schemes. Which team drafted him?

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't know much about the guy but looks like a big deal to get the former Liverpool FC CEO to do the same for the Nashville MLS franchise.

(Love the classic air vent look)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
So Nashville is hosting the NFL Draft? :huh: If the Draft is held the same night as a Predator home playoff game it will be a traffic nightmare. Plus the Titans will be probably picking high in the draft so it could be a interesting night with the Titans pick being right before the start of a Playoff Game and fans leaving the Draft Party for a Predator watch party.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I would guess they would try not to schedule a home playoff game the night of round 1 of the NFL draft. Shouldnt be that hard to avoid

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
So Nashville is hosting the NFL Draft? :huh: If the Draft is held the same night as a Predator home playoff game it will be a traffic nightmare. Plus the Titans will be probably picking high in the draft so it could be a interesting night with the Titans pick being right before the start of a Playoff Game and fans leaving the Draft Party for a Predator watch party.
I truly hope so, it'd be great for the city and for the possibility of actually attending one. Granted, if it does happen, I hope the league doesn't make tickets to the event impossible to come by.

Last edited:

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Same weekend as the marathon! woooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah that's going to be a nightmare. My usual plan for how I get downtown, and back out, for that event may be in jeopardy.

Never know what interesting celebrity types you'd end up running with at that point though.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I truly hope so, it'd be great for the city and for the possibility of actually attending one. Granted, if it does happen, I hope the league doesn't make tickets to the event impossible to come by.

Pretty sure it's a done deal. I read that there will be some events similar to the NHL events that accompanied the All Star Game (sounded like the ones over in the Music City Center and the tents outside) and that those would be free. Not sure about the tickets for the draft itself, but there was some cost involved (I can't remember the dollar amount, sorry--it was around $100 I think). When we had the NHL draft in Nashville, those tickets were free. You just found a place to sit and watch the goings on.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Cavs vs Warriors. Again. 4th season in a row. As much as I sometimes dislike the unpredictable nature of hockey I’ll take it over the opposite end of the spectrum any time.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Cavs vs Warriors. Again. 4th season in a row. As much as I sometimes dislike the unpredictable nature of hockey I’ll take it over the opposite end of the spectrum any time.
It's the reason I haven't watched the NBA in years. Every year it's the same teams until they lose their stars and then its another 2 teams til they lose theirs. This isn't new, but at least at one point it took a good GM to build it, now it's just a matter of who decides to play with who.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Indeed.

For me, the sport hasn't been watchable for roughly the last decade. The league has become so diluted with never more than 2 or 3 good teams at the very most, along with pretty much zero defense being played by anyone anymore. Not sure how people can be pleased with the product these days, but to each their own.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’d really like the nba to either eliminate the 3 or push the line out to the point of insanity. That game last night was a perfect example of why I rarely watch anymore. They either jack 3s or do some 1:1 ball with the star player. I really don’t see how anyone can enjoy watching that and this is coming from someone who grew up playing basketball and extensively watching both nba and college in the 80s and 90s.

College lost me with the 1 and done deal.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I can't believe they reviewed a charging call and turned it into a blocking call last night. At a pivotal point in the game on a call that probably shouldn't have been reviewable.

With that said, the end of regulation is yet another highlight on why Lebron getting this far is simply amazing. JR Smith even mouths 'I thought we were ahead' on the court before changing his story afterwards.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Yeah the NBA is responsible for one and done. I'm sure colleges would love to have it revoked. The NBA has been under a fair amount of pressure to get rid of it. I don't truly know what the rule needs to be, but the NFL's policy of having to be out of high school for three years has seemed to work fine.

At least I think that's their rule. Maybe you actually have to play through your junior year even if you redshirt. But whatever.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I can't believe they reviewed a charging call and turned it into a blocking call last night. At a pivotal point in the game on a call that probably shouldn't have been reviewable.

With that said, the end of regulation is yet another highlight on why Lebron getting this far is simply amazing. JR Smith even mouths 'I thought we were ahead' on the court before changing his story afterwards.
lebron should leave Cleveland in free agency. his team is absolute garbage and JR smith has to be one of the dumbest athletes in sports.

Reactions: LCPreds

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
lebron should leave Cleveland in free agency. his team is absolute garbage and JR smith has to be one of the dumbest athletes in sports.
It's a polar opposite from last time he was there and left. I'm not a Cleveland guy (I know actual Cavs fans from Ohio so I'll have to confirm with them) but it seems like not many people, even there, would really blame him if he left. Which, of course, is the opposite of 2010 when they all had jersey burning parties. If he leaves I just hope he doesn't go to a team that annoys me because that team will instantly gain about 800 percent more "fans".

And I legitimately believe JR Smith doesn't care at all.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
What is the difference between the baseball and NBA rule? I know in baseball you can be drafted out of HS but if you go to college you're basically stuck for 3 years ( I believe).

Is that enforced on the baseball side or some agreement between baseball and college? I certainly understand the one and done deal is NBA driven but the NCAA could certainly make scholarship/graduation changes that would penalize schools so heavily that it would put an end to the obvious one and done signees. (At least I assume they could)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad