The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Hubbs is the Eddie Olczyk of Vol media anyone thinking he is unbiased are completely blinded by their Fanhood.
I truly think you are thinking of the wrong person. He is completely professional and would never talk down on an opposing team. I am going to need some proof or I'm just going to file that under Vandy rumor mill BS.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
If Mularkey could game plan and coach as well as he can make excuses for Mariota, the Titans would be undefeated.

Titans are going to Titan. Keeping this mediocre coach when they should have hired a guy who would help Mariota progress with his strengths. I said it when they kept Mularkey and I'll say it again: he is nothing but a average coach who will never win a SB here. The current NFL has passed him and Robiskie by. The GM isn't immune either. Drafting Davis WAY to high - but par for the course for TN wide receivers. Could have had Lattimore but ended up with Jackson. The Titans just keep on reaching for that participation trophy, and that's about it.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Relocate the owner to orbit. Oh it's Derek Jeter? Even better!

I'm no Marlins fan (Go White Sox!), but this is an embarrassment to the league.

The league bends over backwards to essentially give the franchise to Jeter and his massively underfunded purchase bid, he immediately votes himself a 5 million dollar a year salary, proceeds to gut the off field staff (including firing a guy literally lying in the hospital awaiting a kidney transplant), and then starts to give away Marlins talent for little to no return - (Dee Gordon got shipped to Seattle for virtually no one, Marcell Ozuna is next on the give away block).

At least in prior Marlins firesales, they've gotten talented youngsters back.

They have a super nice stadium though - all weird and art deco - it's so Miami.

The Yanks still have no one to pitch outside of Severino and maybe Sonny Gray on a good day - so they'll get into the playoffs and lose every game 8-5. Or at least I hope so.

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Haha brent is extremely credible and professional. Stop talking bull****. There is no way he would ever do what you are accusing him of. Volquest members talk trash about him all the time for being too unbiased.

There are lots of biased clowns in Knoxville, but Hubbs is the gold standard for reporters.

I don't know who mixed it up online with a Vandy guy, but of the 2 dozen or so Vol-affiliated guys, Hubbs would probably be the least likely to have done that.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm a Preds fan. Relocation is on par with cancer to me. You want to move my team? Move yours first! But my mind is going like this.

Move the Rays to Miami and give them that beautiful stadium.
Move the Marlins to Montreal and give all of Florida to the Rays.
Put the Marliins/Montreal in the AL east to give them the rivalry with Toronto.
Move the Rays to the NL east.
If need be, trade the Rays DH to Montreal.

The Rays owner deserves a good stadium after years in the Trop.
Get the freakshow out of Miami and give that team a new start.
Have MLB 'inform' the new Marlins ownership; 'You ruin this fanbase, you will lose your charter.

Reactions: Drake744

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Ray's have good support, the only issue is getting a stadium on the other side of the bay. Baseball in general in Tampa is wildly popular, and I don't see how the franchise would be any better off in Miami. Minor league baseball is headquartered in St. Pete and at least five teams have their spring training in the area and there are a load of minor league teams in the area as well.

One big issue anywhere in Florida is that the state's transplant population makes Tennessee's seem like nothing. And they all keep their allegiance to the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Orioles, Cubs, Tigers... or they are not interested in sports because there are so many other things to do. And even though something like a million people move to Florida every year, almost as many move out of Florida, it's a very fluid and temporary population. Growing all the time, but it's just a really unique situation that's hard to understand unless you live(d) there.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The Ray's have good support, the only issue is getting a stadium on the other side of the bay. Baseball in general in Tampa is wildly popular, and I don't see how the franchise would be any better off in Miami. Minor league baseball is headquartered in St. Pete and at least five teams have their spring training in the area and there are a load of minor league teams in the area as well.

One big issue anywhere in Florida is that the state's transplant population makes Tennessee's seem like nothing. And they all keep their allegiance to the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Orioles, Cubs, Tigers... or they are not interested in sports because there are so many other things to do. And even though something like a million people move to Florida every year, almost as many move out of Florida, it's a very fluid and temporary population. Growing all the time, but it's just a really unique situation that's hard to understand unless you live(d) there.

My opinion? I have family in the St. Pete area but I lost a lot of faith in St. Pete as a baseball town also the Marlin's stadium is a nice place. The Marlins do not deserve it. The Loria ownership is gone but still.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I truly think you are thinking of the wrong person. He is completely professional and would never talk down on an opposing team. I am going to need some proof or I'm just going to file that under Vandy rumor mill BS.
I know for a fact Hubbs was taunting Vandy on the air after they lost on a last second FG in 2007. He called them losers and said they would never be good enough to beat Tennessee again. I have not liked him since he did that. On his local TV show (The Extra Point) he's very unprofessional and gets angry on the air after loses.

This year he was mad when talking about the loss this year and said it was an embarrassment that Tennessee lost again to a program like Vanderbilt.

MARYOTA

MARYOTA

MARYOTA

YOU SUCK

ITS ALL UR FAULT, ITS ALL UR FAULT, ITS ALL UR FAULT
HA HA HA maybe we should chant this after every pick he throws!!!

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If you're all fine with losing your playoff spot my team is a game back so if you want to keep rooting for a team to miss the postseason I'll be glad to take your place

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
If you're all fine with losing your playoff spot my team is a game back so if you want to keep rooting for a team to miss the postseason I'll be glad to take your place
I thought you were done with the Chargers?
If it means we get rid of the Mariota, Mularkey, and Robiskie then deal. What good is it to make the playoffs and get blown the F out by someone?
They could even win a game in the 1st round vs Buffalo or some other mediocre team but this team will lose by 40 to either Pitt or New England.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I thought you were done with the Chargers?
If it means we get rid of the Mariota, Mularkey, and Robiskie then deal. What good is it to make the playoffs and get blown the F out by someone?
They could even win a game in the 1st round vs Buffalo or some other mediocre team but this team will lose by 40 to either Pitt or New England.
I tried to rid myself of them but I just can't do it. And at the end of the day I understand the frustration. I root for the Titans on the side and no, this team doesn't look like an 8-5 one, but I do think it's part of a building process. Mariota is troubling this year, I'll admit that, and it's certainly hard to see Mularkey having consistent success as HC but since the beginning of last year he's still 17-12, as weird as it is. I just think there's a realistic middle ground between total panic and the more likely possibility that they're building and maybe overacheiving this season.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Your team crapped the bed against Jacksonville in amazingly stupid fashion or else they and the Titans would both be in better shape

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I know for a fact Hubbs was taunting Vandy on the air after they lost on a last second FG in 2007. He called them losers and said they would never be good enough to beat Tennessee again. I have not liked him since he did that. On his local TV show (The Extra Point) he's very unprofessional and gets angry on the air after loses.

This year he was mad when talking about the loss this year and said it was an embarrassment that Tennessee lost again to a program like Vanderbilt.
You are thinking of the wrong person. I have been a member of Brent's sites since 2006 and never once has he done anything that made him seem partial to Tennessee. Vols fans consider him one of the most critical people of the team and program. He certainly does not get "angry" after losses. You are probably talking about Tony Basilio who is a hack and a huge homer. I don't doubt that he said the loss to Vandy was embarrassing because it was. The offense was putrid.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Your team crapped the bed against Jacksonville in amazingly stupid fashion or else they and the Titans would both be in better shape
As far as we're concerned I'm more willing to blame an 0-4 start for not being in better shape right now. The Titans still have plenty of chances to make sure they get in. Or for Jacksonville to lose. Just stay within a game and win the last game. (Which will probably happen because that would probably leave the Jags in as a wild card over us because we lost that game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad