The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
One is one too many.

So they should have kicked Pearson off the team even though all charges were dropped? He was suspended from school and football team activities before charges had even been FILED. He could have a good case against the university for suspending him before being even so much as charged. This would not have happened if he were some average student.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

sooner

Jan 8, 2009
It seems like a great way to build a team because that single number one pick isn't going to fill all the holes they have. Of course none of it matters if they stink it up drafting all these picks they're getting.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Great trade for the Titans. As far as the "they'll still screw it up" crowd, it's Jon Robinson making picks, not Ruston Webster.

From my perspective I like it because the Rams and Browns are taking QBs, which leaves my team at #3 with essentially the number 1 pick since we'll be able to take anyone we want.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Haha, presumption of guilt much? The administration at UT is very confident they are going to win this lawsuit FWIW. Not a single player who has ever even been ACCUSED of sexual assault under Butch has ever played another snap besides Von Pearson who had all charges dropped before the season even started.

Presumption of guilt? you mean like cause Butch got a "courtesy call" from the chief of police 5 hours before they came knocking to talk to the alleged perpetrators? That kinda' presumption????? So, Butch didn't tell the admin that he got that call? Or the admin didn't act on it? Cause, you know, it's just a teensy-weensy bit unethical, a bit unorthodox, and slightly against TN law.

But, you know, I wouldn't want to presume anything.... It's a dirty program.... has been, continues to be, and the admin doesn't give a crap.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Presumption of guilt? you mean like cause Butch got a "courtesy call" from the chief of police 5 hours before they came knocking to talk to the alleged perpetrators? That kinda' presumption????? So, Butch didn't tell the admin that he got that call? Or the admin didn't act on it? Cause, you know, it's just a teensy-weensy bit unethical, a bit unorthodox, and slightly against TN law.

But, you know, I wouldn't want to presume anything.... It's a dirty program.... has been, continues to be, and the admin doesn't give a crap.

Every major program has connections to the PD. I think it is hilarious that you are getting all of your information from the Tennessean. Hell, you sound like you may be Matt Slovin himself. We will see if anything can be proven. If not, sit back and enjoy the ride because this is the most talented team the state has seen in a decade.

No one gives a damn about this story other than the Tennessean and the defendants' lawyers. They are the ones feeding all of this BS to the "Tennessean". Would not be surprised to see the University sue the Tennessean if they are cleared in all of this.

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Great trade for the Titans. As far as the "they'll still screw it up" crowd, it's Jon Robinson making picks, not Ruston Webster.

From my perspective I like it because the Rams and Browns are taking QBs, which leaves my team at #3 with essentially the number 1 pick since we'll be able to take anyone we want.

If I were the Chargers I'd offer the pick up to the team right behind or two picks behind (woodshed style) if that's how it's possibly going to play out. (maximize the spot in the draft)

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
So they should have kicked Pearson off the team even though all charges were dropped? He was suspended from school and football team activities before charges had even been FILED. He could have a good case against the university for suspending him before being even so much as charged. This would not have happened if he were some average student.

The differences between a player on a football team which garners a ton of attention and an average student notwithstanding, the University absolute reserves the right to completely expel any student who is even accused of committing an act or acts which could show the student could be a threat to other students, staff, faculty, etc. They did the right thing by suspending the player even before charges, and that student would presumably enjoy the same rights to appeal any decision made by the school.

Source: University of Tennessee Student Code of Conduct

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
how do you screw up drafting 6 guys in the top 65 or whatever.... seems the law of averages gotta' bail you out somehow....
So they will hit on one outta six big deal. This is supposed to be a bad draft anyways so just keep getting picks for next year. They are almost destined to pick 1st overall again while the hockey team across the river picks 30th.

Last edited:

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So they will hit on one outta six big deal. This is supposed to be a bad draft anyways so just keep getting picks for next year. They are almost destined to pick 1st overall again while the hockey team across the river picks 30th.

This is supposed to be a very deep draft in the middle rounds.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If I were the Chargers I'd offer the pick up to the team right behind or two picks behind (woodshed style) if that's how it's possibly going to play out. (maximize the spot in the draft)
Yup I'd like to trade down several spots and get more picks return for it. Taking out the QBs, that leaves Ramsey, Buckner, Bosa, Jack, Tunsil and Stanley and we need any one of them. Trade down a little, get a couple more picks and let the other teams ahead of us determine who's left for us to draft.

Either way, a day later and I'm still laughing at how bad the Titans jobbed the Rams.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Is this a first? I've never seen the Titans do this or be community involved in this manner.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Love to see this! I like to see the Nashville community get involved in supporting our teams.

When we played the Red Wings in the playoffs I remember the Nashville Symphony twitter site started a tweet war with the Detroit Symphony. It was pretty well done on both ends. There have been some good ones from a couple of the weather/news stations in the past, as well.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Good job of screwing up the draft Titans!! Trade the 33rd pick next year along with 76 to pick a O-Lineman (again). Both the current Oilers (hockey) and the former ones don't know how to draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille