The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Since we're approaching the threshold on the previous thread, thought I'd create a new one

So how about the officiating in the Lions-Cowboys game ... yeesh

Absolutely horrible. But since I've been a Cowboys fan since the mid-70s, I'll take it any way I can. The road likely ends next week even if the refs try to help.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Should've been defensive holding, could've been defensive PI, should have been facemask on Pettigrew.

Offsetting penalties is what I would've called. Lions played scared. Wanted their defense to hold onto the game. Didn't deserve to win when they were trying to hold the lead.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
well the 9 day layoff sure left Kentucky looking mortal... trailing Ole Miss in Rupp late in the second half..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I cannot, in good conscience, root for TOSU.

Quack.
:(
;)

While I would obviously prefer a Buckeyes win, if the Ducks make it then I'm into "well, at least it was a worthy opponent" territory. Got the impression that many Oregon fans are in the same boat.

...admittedly, tho, that's probably mostly because us B1G and Pac-12 fans are already thrilled that the SEC got its collective butts kicked already this year. :D

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
...admittedly, tho, that's probably mostly because us B1G and Pac-12 fans are already thrilled that the SEC got its collective butts kicked already this year. :D

To the SEC's credit, they ended the bowl season 7-5 whereas the Big 14 was only 5-5.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
s/SEC/SEC West/;

I keep making that small goof, mostly because that division was where all the hype was going throughout the season.

And we can also laugh at the SEC East because their champion lost to one of the worst teams in the Big Ten, Indiana.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
green bay about to pull off one of the most epic choke jobs ever... sorry jw..

edit... wow... just some of the worst tackling of all time on that score...

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Unfortunately, I was too busy sleeping because a co-worker had an accident on their way to work yesterday morning, and I had to stay later to cover for them.

Somewhat glad I didn't see the game. It appears Green Bay was doing everything they could to give Seattle the game, and they finally succeeded in the end.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I was going for the Seahawks as they're the only team in the league I care about at all other than the Chargers, but just an observation: On Facebook and Twitter and stuff, it's a huge pet peeve of mine to see these people who claim to be such huge Packers fans, yet they think "Greenbay" is one word. I can't stand that.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I was going for the Seahawks as they're the only team in the league I care about at all other than the Chargers, but just an observation: On Facebook and Twitter and stuff, it's a huge pet peeve of mine to see these people who claim to be such huge Packers fans, yet they think "Greenbay" is one word. I can't stand that.

Drunk posting

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My poor brother in law--he's from Manitowoc WI, right down the way from Green Bay. I feel so bad for him (and all his sisters, too) because he's such a Packers fan and that was a massive fail.

He'll get over it by next fall.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey, we could be related by marriage! I'll find out whether Dena's mother in law or father in law was from that area originally and get the surname for you.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That's where my dad is from. I'm from Two Rivers (basically right up the road) and a ton of my dad's family still lives in Manitowoc.

I checked with my sister. Her mother in law's maiden name was Jean Fiecko and she was born in Manitowoc. She's between 75 and 80, I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille