The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yah I'm actually ok with our haul today. Time will tell of course. At least we didn't trade up for a kicker.

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I try to stay away from online Titans fan discussions because NFL draft groupthink is so pervasive, but I had a look at the usual places. A lot of moaning because Robinson is following a strategy that differs from drafting the names with the hype.

Nowhere do I see mentioned that Derrick Henry is a hell of a good blocker in pass protection. Team clearly intends to neutralize the fearsome AFC south pass rushers with mix of power running and play action. Seems pretty sound to me.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I try to stay away from online Titans fan discussions because NFL draft groupthink is so pervasive, but I had a look at the usual places. A lot of moaning because Robinson is following a strategy that differs from drafting the names with the hype. Nowhere do I see mentioned that Derrick Henry is a hell of a good blocker in pass protection. Team clearly intends to neutralize the fearsome AFC south pass rushers with mix of power running and play action. Seems pretty sound to me.
Agreed. The Titans have now improved their running game by adding AL's D. Henry, DeMarco Murray, and #8 pick MI ST's OT Jack Conklin. Great job! :yo: :yo: :yo:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I'm guessing they probably are ok at RB and TE for a bit, too

and, as soon as I say that, we draft a RB..... good golly, we're paying a lot to sit Murray, so this could be quite interesting..... Henry seems to be a back that needs his touches

tons of receivers left, I guess we must have decided there were plenty of 3rds and 4ths in the bunch and none worthy of the higher pick, so we'll get one today, I hope. Honestly, a couple of receivers be a good idea, although Robinson sure looks to be making us a whole lot bigger - bit of a old-school twist maybe while we watch Mariota grow up.

and I like the Byard pick, although it was a bit of a stretch in the 3rd - I really thought it might be our pick in the 4th. Guy has a nose for the ball, and 20 interceptions is nothing to sneeze at at any level of college ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad