The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vandy must have compromising pix of members of the selection committee with a goat

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

FWIW, my wife and I never watched a hockey game until the Preds came to being. We now watch every game we can on TV (all teams, not just Preds), and go to what games we can in person.
My wife had barely even heard of hockey now she watches it with me sometimes. I still have to update her from time to time when she asks "Where's Tootoo?" question by she does have a head injury and memory loss from a car wreak. She enjoys the games live more then TV but we can not go now due to my work schedule.

While I doubt Vandy beats Wichita St. I'll take dancing in Dayton over NIT anytime.

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Was completely surprised Vandy got in, mildly that MI and SYR did - but they can spin it 50,000 different ways and there still is no defense of Tulsa; I'm convinced they got down to the end trying to help justify the TV contracts of the major conferences and just ran out of worthy teams.... I mean, I think they got to the end and had all the mid-majors like Monmouth and Valpo and San Diego St and couldn't decide between them, so took whatever wasn't complete dregs from one of the national tv contract conferences....

and can you give a more transparent middle finger to Calipari.... I know they hate the one-and-done and what Cal has done, but they are the ones that created it so can't be complaining when the guy exploits the loop-hole.... and MI St lost once with full roster - first game after Valentine got back, and wins the conf tourney and the LOSER of the ACC tourney still gets the 1 - albeit clearly the 4th and 5th picks - it's almost like they're willing Izzo along...

FWIW - if you're filling out your brackets and got some head-scratchers, the NCAA clearly had their lips firmly placed upon the symbolic buttocks of the ACC and the PAC-12; select accordingly!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Vandy is ****ing killing me; just get blown out if you're going to play like ****. Losing at the last second is an ingrained habit and it's has probably taken a year or two off my life, particularly the Murray St buzzer beater.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Been watching the Vandy game and had to laugh. The local rag ran a story about two Vandy players that are possible 1st round NBA picks. I admit this is the first time I've seen Vandy play, but if these two are NBA material than I'm certainly glad I don't watch it.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
And that was the worst thing I've ever watched. Thank all that's holy for the Perds because between the Buffalo Bills and Vandy, I have no other remotely decent sports affiliations.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Vandy is ****ing killing me; just get blown out if you're going to play like ****. Losing at the last second is an ingrained habit and it's has probably taken a year or two off my life, particularly the Murray St buzzer beater.

I think the team took your words to heart.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Vandy was absolutely pitiful. Unless Wichita makes an Elite 8 run this is a total indictment of Stallings and the state of the program.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Vandy was down something like 8pts in the last couple mins. They made a pass into the lane and as guy was going to the bucket, Stallings is all over the officials about either about the play on the other end, the passing play itself or the guy in the lane getting tugged on. Either way, he gets T'd up before they get the shot off, so no bucket, no foul shots, and Wichita is shooting. Not saying he wasn't right to be criticizing, but it wasn't over yet, and they were in good position to get something to happen - it was a time you just don't get a T.

He's too experienced to make a mistake like that; he had given up - I don't see any other way that you read that. and if it was a mistake - big time coaches with big time experience have to be held accountable, too.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I gave them zero chance, have no ties to the school whatsoever (other than an early intern created their logo AND we did an animation of that logo a few times) but I am so happy they won.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
and that MTSU win overshadows a great effort and upset by SFA over what many thought was an under-seeded UWV and a first-ever tourney win and huge upset by Hawaii. Thank goodness the craziness of the round-of-64 is done, it was starting to be as exciting as PO hockey.

for a more realistic assessment of what BB is - see Wisc romp over Pit 47-43, in the lowest scoring game in tourney history; which also included 16 whole pts by WI in the first half- also an all-time tourney low.

and with a fairly officiated game, all the 11s would have beaten the 6s; alas, ND as a 6 you know there's gonna' be a call that just saves their bacon, and that charging call when the dude clearly jumped sideways into the kid driving to the hoop - that was the last time MI got w/in 3 - you could hear the collective sigh (or was that a chuckle) from CBS.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Of my double-digit seed predictions I ended up getting 3 of 7 right.

I missed Temple (10), Michigan (11), Chattanooga (12) and Iona (13).

I did get VCU (10), Northern Iowa (11) and Hawaii (13).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad