The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I checked with my sister. Her mother in law's maiden name was Jean Fiecko and she was born in Manitowoc. She's between 75 and 80, I'd guess.

That name doesn't ring a bell. I'll ask around and see if the name rings a bell for any of my family members. Maybe they've heard of the name.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That name doesn't ring a bell. I'll ask around and see if the name rings a bell for any of my family members. Maybe they've heard of the name.

The current name is Trammell. There are at least 6 of them in the area with either that name currently or as a maiden name (Jean + 5 daughters). Brother in law lives in Alabama.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
...It's about this time that we point out to the lady from Hermitage that Manitowoc and T'rivers aren't exactly small little hamlets where everyone is related to everyone else.

Unlike Merrill, where I live. %P

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
...It's about this time that we point out to the lady from Hermitage that Manitowoc and T'rivers aren't exactly small little hamlets where everyone is related to everyone else.

Manitowoc isn't. Two Rivers kind of is.

I asked my mom about the name and she hadn't heard of it. She's from Two Rivers but knows a lot of people in Manitowoc. Trying to ask my dad but haven't been able to get a hold of him as he lives literally in the middle of nowhere and only has a cell phone, which is obviously spotty at times in the middle of the woods. 120 miles north of Green Bay to be exact.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Joe, you never know. My mother in law's best friend's sister (ha ha!) contacted me a couple of days ago to tell me that she was doing some ancestry work and found that they are related to people with my maiden name. My maiden name is quite rare in Nashville, particularly with my spelling. In fact, we were the only ones...and the spelling she was seeing in the history was "correct".

But to be honest, I have no idea how big (or small) Manitowoc is. I figured it was maybe 60,000 people.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Joe, you never know. My mother in law's best friend's sister (ha ha!) contacted me a couple of days ago to tell me that she was doing some ancestry work and found that they are related to people with my maiden name. My maiden name is quite rare in Nashville, particularly with my spelling. In fact, we were the only ones...and the spelling she was seeing in the history was "correct".

But to be honest, I have no idea how big (or small) Manitowoc is. I figured it was maybe 60,000 people.

That's way high. The entire county has like 80,000. I think Manitowoc is around 34,000.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That's way high. The entire county has like 80,000. I think Manitowoc is around 34,000.

I'm always thinking high. I lived in Lewisburg for my high school years. Thought all this time there were around 17K people there. Looked it up and there are less than 11K! Maybe it shrank. I dunno.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

33.7k according to WP. T'Rivers is at 11.7, which is still more than Merrill's 9.7k (depending on which way you come into the city; they haven't changed all the population numbers yet).

120 miles north of Green Bay is da UP, eh.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I never considered that my hometown would have fewer people than a sold out Bridgestone Arena. It just never crossed my mind! Of course, when you're in a graduating class of 141 that should probably seem about right...but it seemed bigger.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I never considered that my hometown would have fewer people than a sold out Bridgestone Arena. It just never crossed my mind! Of course, when you're in a graduating class of 141 that should probably seem about right...but it seemed bigger.
I graduated from high school in Mt. Juliet two years after they opened Wilson Central and basically took half the students out and our graduating class was still almost 300 I believe. Mt. Juliet in 2003 couldn't have been much more populated than 17,113.....

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Your graduating class was bigger than mine and I graduated in 2006. And my school was from 2+ areas. We had 90 in my class BTW.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I graduated in 1976--the Bicentennial Class! (It was a big deal at the time)

The city has a Walmart, a Shoney's, a McDonald's and a Super Kroger (none of which were there when I lived there) and has added schools, so I just assumed the population had grown.

Okay back to sports.

UT won a basketball game the other day. I didn't watch it. How's that?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
120 miles north of Green Bay is da UP, eh.

Still in Wisconsin but just barely.

My hometown is about half the size of a sold out Bridgestone Arena (at the time I graduated at least) and my graduating class was around 500.

Um...sports. Go Pats!

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the Super Bowl this year. Just knowing that the Packers should be in there and it's those smug ****** from Seattle instead. Go Pats, I agree but I just can't watch it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
non call on the obvious pass interference the last time Seattle had the ball potentially looming large...

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
horrible play calling by the offensive coordinator of the Seahawks you have the best running back in the league from the 3 yard line and a time out and you don't run the ball at all ... I bet you the Falcons are having buyers remorse right about now

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Not on this day.

Two things:

1. Marshawn Lynch wasn't participating in that last play, just so he wouldn't get fined by the NFL.
2. "Nationwide - Your kid just died." Visqui, I think CLB might want to look for another arena sponsor.

I didn't even notice that ... the commercials really sucked this year

Vqh5UX9.jpg

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
craft brews > macro st louis schwill water

haha I told my wife Budweiser just did a 1 minute eff ewe to all the craft brew beer snobs.... of course their point basically boiled down to "Budweiser is made for people who wanna get drunk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad