The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Please note, I turned off the Super Bowl when it was 14-24. I'm a Pats fan.

Please note: I haven't watched one Preds game. I'm a Preds fan.

bydhzbqgn5p11s3x0sqh.gif

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Detroit should have beaten Dallas - except for one play.
Dallas should have beaten Green Bay - except for one play.
Green Bay should have beaten Seattle - except for one play.
Seattle should have beaten New England - except for one play.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
horrible play calling by the offensive coordinator of the Seahawks you have the best running back in the league from the 3 yard line and a time out and you don't run the ball at all ... I bet you the Falcons are having buyers remorse right about now

Um, why - they hired the D coordinator, didn't they?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Detroit should have beaten Dallas - except for one play.
Dallas should have beaten Green Bay - except for one play.
Green Bay should have beaten Seattle - except for one play.
Seattle should have beaten New England - except for one play.

Detroit was really 2 plays :)

but Seattle, WTF - you get a miracle catch to give you a chance..... :shakehead
Not too mention Pats don't call TO and lose the 30 secs to run that play - the whole thing was bizarre

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Anyone catch the VU / UT club hockey "scandal" on twitter? Josh Cooper caught UT trying to use a DQ'ed player from Friday night's game in Saturday's game (the player was suspended for the Saturday game). They switched his uniform number, but used his real name on the lineup card. What a bunch of maroons!

On the bright side, VU won both games, and the SEC hockey gods are investigating UT's program now.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Anyone catch the VU / UT club hockey "scandal" on twitter? Josh Cooper caught UT trying to use a DQ'ed player from the Friday night's game in Saturday's game (the player was suspended for the Saturday game). They switched his uniform number, but used his real name on the lineup card. What a bunch of maroons!

On the bright side, VU won both games, and the SEC hockey gods are investigating UT's program now.

Caught that. Oy

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Detroit was really 2 plays :)

but Seattle, WTF - you get a miracle catch to give you a chance..... :shakehead
Not too mention Pats don't call TO and lose the 30 secs to run that play - the whole thing was bizarre

I know..I kept hollering at the TV "Belicheck, you're running out of time! You're running out of time! Let them score! Let them score! Save some time for Brady!" After the interception, I turned to my sister and my wife, and said "See?? That's why you don't just let them score"...:sarcasm::laugh:

(yeah, they sure let me hear about it, too...:laugh:)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
2. "Nationwide - Your kid just died." Visqui, I think CLB might want to look for another arena sponsor.

See, this one is tricky, because I'm employed by one of the organizations involved in that campaign - Nationwide Children's Hospital. Which is not the same thing - the only time I've ever done business with Nationwide Insurance was when someone with them as an insurance provider took out one of my taillights with their trailer while making a turn. :D I actually work on the same floor in the same building as some of the folks who helped develop that campaign's phone app (heck, one of the guys on that team, I've gone to him for advice in the past and vice versa; he's a pretty awesome guy).

Short version that I think I'm safely allowed to say publicly: they really, really honestly weren't trying to sell insurance. For reals. It just kind of backfired. :shakehead
(And if you want my speculation, PM me. :) )

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Anyone catch the VU / UT club hockey "scandal" on twitter? Josh Cooper caught UT trying to use a DQ'ed player from Friday night's game in Saturday's game (the player was suspended for the Saturday game). They switched his uniform number, but used his real name on the lineup card. What a bunch of maroons!

As an alum of both fine institutions, I have mixed feelings. Seems like Vols hockey is always a step behind Vandy. The fact that Cooper thought he was breaking another Watergate scandal just pissed me off. He hates warm weather, the SEC, and UT. Effing carpetbagger!!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As an alum of both fine institutions, I have mixed feelings. Seems like Vols hockey is always a step behind Vandy. The fact that Cooper thought he was breaking another Watergate scandal just pissed me off. He hates warm weather, the SEC, and UT. Effing carpetbagger!!

Yeah but.....he caught UT cheating at Vandy's expense so....good on him.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Yeah but.....he caught UT cheating at Vandy's expense so....good on him.

He could cure cancer and I still wouldn't like him. His penchant for disparaging the South rubs me the wrong way. And it ain't like that's the first time UT has cheated. Cheat more. Vandy will still beat them on ice.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
UT/Vandy game had less then 12k last night. So almost 3k empty seats

Preds/Tampa game had 16,362 Tuesday. So less than 800 empty seats.

All the students were at church, obviously.

Well, that was our excuse for Wednesdays...:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad