OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
so does the Pats (lack of) block. You could have a d-line of my crippled ass, you and Volde and we'd get a sack

Ha yes I see what you mean. There are a few atrocious lines that I feel that way about. You know I say Mac jones sucks but it’s really tough to get a good gauge of a qb when they’re behind a terrible o line.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Geez what a night for my teams to choke. Kentucky lead almost the whole game against Kansas and freaking spit the bit in the last two minutes

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
MTSU fires Stockstill and hires Derek Mason. Stock was long overdue, loved him but there hasn't been anything about MTSU football to be excited about in a while.

But Mason doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Hopefully I'm wrong, it's a much different situation than Vanderbilt, but even given Vandy's constraints I thought he was just not that good of a coach when it came to Xs and Os along with game management.

We'll see if he picked up anything over the past few years to make himself a more effective coach and if being in a more winnable situation will be what he needs to succeed.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I think Mason will do well at MTSU. He was really strapped at Vanderbilt with admissions being so hard for the athletes and he was facing SEC competition week in and week out and still managed to get them to bowl games. He has already started doing what Stockstil refused to do and has blitzed the middle Tennessee high schools for recruiting. Last I saw his staff had already visited 59 high schools in the area. Middle Tennessee is a hotbed for football talent that was untapped by the previous coaching staff and Mason already has connections with them from his time at Vandy so he has a head start over other candidates. The AD said that Mason having experience in Middle TN and still living in the area was one of the factors that moved him to the top of the candidate list. If he can recruit well, he has a good chance of being successful. It’s not like CUSA is some stellar football conference.

Getting the coach from Oakland High School would have been interesting. His base offense is the Wing-T and he knows it inside out. With minor adjustments by running it from the Gun formation it’s very competitive at the collegiate level, that’s the offense that Auburn ran when Cam Newton was there. All the tv broadcasters were hailing it as some new fancy offense and had no idea it was just an offense that’s been around for 60 years or so and modified to run from the gun formation. I used to get the best laughs out of their ignorance every Saturday when I was forced to watch that cow college play football.

Reactions: triggrman

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Oh shit Frank Wychek died, apparently an accident, fell at home and hit his head

It can happen to anyone, but Wycheck was also very open about his head injuries from playing NFL and I believe that contributed heavily to his moving on from radio a few years ago. I wonder if he was more susceptible to a fatal injury because of that. Either way, very tragic news.

Reactions: PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
My neighbor is a Liverpool fan & I'm a Red Sox fan. I'm waiting for the screaming match where we scream at each other; "IT'S YOUR FAULT WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!"

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Vrabel fired. I am pretty shocked.

I assumed the rumor of the rift between Vrabel and the new GM was just Stillman being Stillman but there must have been some truth to it.

We probably just did the Patriots a huge favor.

• Wow
Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad