OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Isn't that against the NFL's Rooney Rule?

New England not following the rules again?

Video tape at 9 and 10. This is deflating!
No, because they were able to prove that they had a plan in place before BB was fired that Mayo would be the successor.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
I'm a wait in see guy but I like what the Titans are feeding if nothing else.

Wait and see is really all you can do, but he checks a lot of the boxes you want.
Young OC, cut his teeth under Mike Shanahan, worked with Kyle Shanhan and Sean McVay, has strong ties around the league due to his last name.

I am cautiously optimistic and look forward to seeing how he fills out his staff. Have to think he brings his dad from Cleveland to coach the OL.

Reactions: triggrman

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wait and see is really all you can do, but he checks a lot of the boxes you want.
Young OC, cut his teeth under Mike Shanahan, worked with Kyle Shanhan and Sean McVay, has strong ties around the league due to his last name.

I am cautiously optimistic and look forward to seeing how he fills out his staff. Have to think he brings his dad from Cleveland to coach the OL.
Like you said, checks the boxes for today's HC.

Held title of OC, but probably like Mike McDaniel, where it was Shanny calling the plays, as he was a run game coordinator. So, that's worked out for Miami.

Figure it's going to be difficult for a lot of the Defensive candidates to land a job when the team(s) are looking for Offensive guys if they have a young QB.

I mean, Houston already, in 1 year has their OC, Swolvik getting HC interviews, and even the QB coach as well. Potentially just a matter of time before they get plucked like Ben Johnson in Detroit, thus Ryans a Defensive guy has to find replacements to work with Stroud. Campbell will have to do that to replace Johnson to work with Goff.

I don't know if the likes of Flores, Morris, Joseph, Wilks, etc. will get another shot as a HC. Seems like the only Defensive guys who are front runners for the jobs are BB, Vrabel, Quinn and Baltimore's MacDonald.

With Levis on the roster, figured Ten would lean to an offensive guy. At least have someone who can be there for the remainder of the rookie contract.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
This UT NIL violation situation is getting wild. State of Tennessee teaming with the State of Virginia to sue the NCAA. Could be the last gasps of the NCAA.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This UT NIL violation situation is getting wild. State of Tennessee teaming with the State of Virginia to sue the NCAA. Could be the last gasps of the NCAA.
I'd say the NCAA is about done. Courts will probably strip what little power they had left and if the don't the power 5 schools may bail anyways.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Above average backup. Trevor Lawrence has had some injury issues the past few years.
Jones is also from Jacksonville, so maybe they think they can keep him as a cost-effective backup if he's willing to take a bit of a hometown discount.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Bama went down in the SEC tournament yesterday too. I’m going to convince myself it’s just a flukey tournament and not an indicator that we’re getting yet another Barnes coached team that’s great in the regular season and awful in March.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00