The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just last night I was thinking about this whole situation and was coming to the same conclusion. I mean based on the talk from both the coach and the players over this loosing streak it just didn't feel to me like Boucher had lost the room...and that the problem might be management/ownership instead. Sucks for Boucher though if this is really the case as he's probably the one to take the fall anyway, and you'd think the players would realize that...but if it's really perceived as being that bad by the players...what else are they supposed to do as far as protesting? Crazy times.
Although there is a rumor out there now that Melnyk has indeed sold the team so if that is the case, maybe the players will start playing better...one can hope.

Players do not play badly because of the owner. Players get paid handsomely by the owner and want to play well in order to get a lucrative contract when their current contract expires. Playing poorly reduces the AAV of their next contract. Players are not stupid fools.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Players do not play badly because of the owner. Players get paid handsomely by the owner and want to play well in order to get a lucrative contract when their current contract expires. Playing poorly reduces the AAV of their next contract. Players are not stupid fools.

really?...then explain the Ballard years...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

If you're working for a company that has terrible ownership, your work is likely to be less than optimal.

Reactions: Karl Prime

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Murray meddled too much with the coaches, Dorion has gone too far in the other direction and defers too much.,

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well, if he didn't, people would continue to say that he was hiding.

People are saying that?

And he's still hiding more or less. He didn't really say anything constructive aside from the same tired clichés we've heard a million times. I didn't get any sort of satisfaction from this conference. Did you?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's wild how bad our managers have been at evaluating D since like 2008.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think he came out and tried to calm the very turbulent waters...
I still think he's over his head... but that's my opinion.
I agree with the stance he is taking at this time....He said all the right things imo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think the Hunt Group has the $750 million USD needed to buy the Sens. I think he’d be great for the group on a local level, but the Sens are an international product and I think this franchise on the next ownership change needs a larger vision and deeper pockets.

Ottawa has to get onto a blue chip financial standard. For the franchise to truely grow the new owners need the money necessary to assure the fanbase they aren’t the Winnipeg Jets of the East, the new owners need to be in it for larger reasons then ‘keeping the team in Ottawa.’

No more saviours, the fans don’t need and don’t want another saviour. We want a sugar daddy. Someone who can roll with EK.

Its not just Jeff Hunt, its a group of buyers including the Desmarais family.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
And he's still hiding more or less. He didn't really say anything constructive aside from the same tired clichés we've heard a million times. I didn't get any sort of satisfaction from this conference. Did you?

A local amateur tweets about the Senators being sold and it ends up circumnavigating the globe and even ends up as a question during the presser.

Everything always gets blown out of proportion.

I don't expect anything interesting to come from a mouthpiece of the organization. They're probably not doing their job right if there is.

The Brian Burke style of GMing is counterproductive IMO.

Now, I have my issues with Dorion, certainly, but this presser wasn't one of them.

I'm thinking it's Boucher's job to show a little emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00