Post-Game Talk: Gonna Stu on this loss for a while

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The thing about Skinner is that it is crystal clear when he's having a howler night. And yet every coach waits until the 4th or 5th goal to pull him.

Knoblauch pulls him after the 3rd goal Game 1 Oilers would win. Knoblauch pulls him after the first period tonight Oilers win.
This is what I thought too. The one credit I'll give Woody is he pulled shitshow Skinner after one period in the LA game last playoffs and it gave the team two periods to get it back, they still needed OT. Its a lot to ask to play this fool two periods and have the team have to score 3 straight goals to get a result.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The thing about Skinner is that it is crystal clear when he's having a howler night. And yet every coach waits until the 4th or 5th goal to pull him.

Knoblauch pulls him after the 3rd goal Game 1 Oilers would win. Knoblauch pulls him after the first period tonight Oilers win.
Yep the coach needs to realize when a goalie is not feeling it and yank them

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
When 3/4 of the roster can’t piss a drop you’re going to have problems. You’ve seen this exact scenario play out year after year.

The Oilers have scored enough to be up 3-0 in this series. I don’t care if it’s all McDavid and Draisaitl or not. You can’t ask a team to score 4 or 5 every single night in order to get a win.

A .888sv% would have gotten the Oilers a win tonight for gods sake.

Its literally not even average goaltending this team needs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My brother in Christ, it's over. Skinner is done and possibly single handedly cost the team another series. It was him all along.

Series is far from over. We finish on half the 4 posts and it’s tied. We don’t leave Nucks wide open in the slot 3 times and we tie it. If reffing was fair who knows how this game turns out.

That said Skinner needed to be better. But there’s more to this game story than just that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ya thats it. Just quit right now why dont they. Erne wasnt wven a difference maker in Bako. Gagner cant stand up....smh
Erne can at least play physical unlike Foegele who cost us a GA tonight and has been shit the entire playoffs. Lavoie gives us a one shot scorer and some added size to lean on their D and Gagner will play with heart and may chip in a little much needed depth offense.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Defense will have lapses. It’s inevitable
But it’s up to the goalie to prevent some of those from being GA. Skinner can’t stop anything
Yeah sometimes your players just throw up pizzas to opposing players as your second pairing gets caught napping while the most dangerous player on the ice tonight gets behind them.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Henrique being hurt is a bigger deal than people realize I think. Utility player who can play 1-4, PP2, PK, faceoffs.

But yeah, remember when the Athletic gave the Oilers 75% chance of winning and much of that was because of the Oilers better depth than Vancouver?

Jesus wept, why not just blindfold me and set me on fire at this point.

3 games of 3 entire lines doing jack shit.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers have scored enough to be up 3-0 in this series. I don’t care if it’s all McDavid and Draisaitl or not. You can’t ask a team to score 4 or 5 every single night in order to get a win.

A .888sv% would have gotten the Oilers a win tonight for gods sake.

Its literally not even average goaltending this team needs.
You can’t win the Cup or even a series with one line, period. It didn’t work that way especially when said line had an off game like they did today.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Goaltending aside, the Oiler mistakes tend to be incredibly bad timing as well. Foegele gives the puck away, but of course, it's not to Blueger or Lafferty etc, but the Canucks best scorer and hottest player against us.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad