The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
A local amateur tweets about the Senators being sold and it ends up circumnavigating the globe and even ends up as a question during the presser.

Everything always gets blown out of proportion.

I don't expect anything interesting to come from a mouthpiece of the organization. They're probably not doing their job right if there is.

The Brian Burke style of GMing is counterproductive IMO.

Now, I have my issues with Dorion, certainly, but this presser wasn't one of them.

I'm thinking it's Boucher's job to show a little emotion.

Calling this press conference had more rumors going than the initial rumor by some jackass.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Calling this press conference had more rumors going than the initial rumor by some jackass.

It was cleared up pretty quickly as "unplanned press availability" and not a "press conference".

I guess the question I have for you is: (it's a two-parter)

1. What did you want Dorion to say?

2. What did you expect Dorion to say?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It was cleared up pretty quickly as "unplanned press availability" and not a "press conference".

I guess the question I have for you is: (it's a two-parter)

1. What did you want Dorion to say?

2. What did you expect Dorion to say?

I obviously would have preferred that he didn't do the presser at all if it was just to do some hand waving. I have no expectation of what I want him to say.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The DCDLS partners include Quebec billionaires André Desmarais and Guy Laliberté, Gatineau’s Devcore Group, Montreal-based Canderel, JDS Uniphase co-founder William Sinclair and the Mierins family of Ottawa.

This is a group that were looking to buy the Sens last year

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
People are saying that?

And he's still hiding more or less. He didn't really say anything constructive aside from the same tired clichés we've heard a million times. I didn't get any sort of satisfaction from this conference. Did you?
ummm....what kind of satisfaction were you looking for?

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
FIRE DORION

All he is good for is lip smacking.
He has some good qualities but ZERO leadership skills and has shown his true cards when times are tough.

We need someone with character.

Get rid of this buffoon.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't believe bert is basing anything off the article. It's been rumoured Desmarais has been involved for a while, I suspect he knows/heard of it through the people he usually hears things from.

desmarais is involved with the other consortium that bid on lebreton. beyond that anything is just rumour.

Reactions: BondraTime

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I can't take him seriously. He tried to sound like a hardass with the "Pierre Dorion make the hockey decisions, not Mr. Melnyk" spiel and it was hilarious

No wonder he gets fleeced by actual GMs

Reactions: Bileur and TB1299

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
FIRE DORION

All he is good for is lip smacking.
He has some good qualities but ZERO leadership skills and has shown his true cards when times are tough.

We need someone with character.

Get rid of this buffoon.

I've always liked the guy

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
I can't take him seriously. He tried to sound like a hardass with the "Pierre Dorion make the hockey decisions, not Mr. Melnyk" spiel and it was hilarious

No wonder he gets fleeced by actual GMs

Give boucher the Pat Quinn GM/Coach role perhaps and let him hire his own assistant.

Dorion has no character. He came across like such a douchebag in his meeting.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wasn't looking for anything. I was saying the conference didn't provide any sort of satisfaction for concerned fans in general.
ya I didn' hear it but I imagine the captain of the titanic didn't have a lot of good news either

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
How long until the Ottawa sports writers start sewering Turris? They all basically just write whatever Sens management/Melnyk tells them to about the team. Pretty much every Garrioch segment on TSN is pure PR for them

Reactions: YOW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad