OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Made it to level 32 after playing it for about 1/2 hour. Its timing the jump so the bird lands on the bottom tube and then when you jump you won't hit the upper tube.

But lots of luck involved. Not something I would keep playing.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I got a hangover from hell today. The drinks I had snuck up on me. One minute I was wondering when the alcohol was going to kick in and then I was wondering when the alcohol kicked in.

Seahawks are Iron Sheik class.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I got a hangover from hell today. The drinks I had snuck up on me. One minute I was wondering when the alcohol was going to kick in and then I was wondering when the alcohol kicked in.

Seahawks are Iron Sheik class.

I had a feeling something like that may have been happening on the GDT last night. :laugh:

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Just got 4 offers for college. Don't know what I should do. I have until May 1st to accept, but the sooner the better. These are my 4 options.

RECREATION THERAPY
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN-PROTECTION AND COMPLIANCE
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - ACCOUNTING
PHYSICAL FITNESS AND LEISURE MANAGEMENT

I am leaning toward the Business Administration - Accounting. Also to the Enviromental Technician - Protection and Compliance.

I'm in my last undergraduate year majoring in Accounting. Don't do it unless you love it/have the drive to differentiate yourself from your class. It's not just about academics, you're going to have to go out to networking sessions and meet a lot of recruiters. On top of that, some interviewers will test you, albeit basic concepts but could still throw you off guard before they even ask you generic interview questions. Also, join a lot of extra-curricular activities. They love that you're involved in stuff other than school.

But I guess you could say the same about any career path.
However I will say that it is a very good skill to have as you can branch off into audit, tax and consulting among other specialties. Very good money and career opportunities.

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
Didn't want to make a whole thread but did anyone see the Mike Keenan feature on sportsnet? Found it really interesting as he quoted Darryl Sutter as saying that he wasn't firing Mike, ownership wanted the change. I don't find it surprising by any means as it seems obvious what this ownership does, but it is interesting to have it confirmed. Don't see any reason Keenan or Sutter would lie

Padlock

Mar 8, 2009
Agreed. Doesn't change the fact that no matter how many times Ken King bs's us about ownership, they definitely play a much bigger role in decisions than is let on

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Didn't want to make a whole thread but did anyone see the Mike Keenan feature on sportsnet? Found it really interesting as he quoted Darryl Sutter as saying that he wasn't firing Mike, ownership wanted the change. I don't find it surprising by any means as it seems obvious what this ownership does, but it is interesting to have it confirmed. Don't see any reason Keenan or Sutter would lie

I actually really wanted to catch that. If I remember correctly, he went to the memorial for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv? That must have been an emotional trip.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Very very OT, but I thought I would share anyway.

So today my girlfriend convinced me into buying a pair of what are called "raw denim jeans". Apparently, they are called so because they are never washed during the process they are made so the denim is a little more rigid, the dye stays a little stronger and apparently it 'wears' to your body. Sounded interesting enough to me so I found a pair I liked an purchased them. So here is where I started to think 'what the ****':

So, as I am paying for these things the guy in the store is explaining to me, how since they are raw denim it is best to wait at least 6 months before washing them, and this isn't six months after purchase, this is after six months of wearing them, and apparently you are supposed to wear them several times a week. So beyond the obvious fact that wearing the same pair of jeans every day is odd, I am expected to wear these jeans...for 6 months...without washing them.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever even heard of this, or might own some as I quite obviously wont wear them for 6 months without washing them, but now I am afraid of ruining them as they are actually quite nice jeans.

So now that I am officially a jean-snob-hipster, if there are any other of you on this board I would appreciate your advice. I tried asking Backlund, but he is more of a gym-short kinda guy.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Dye absorbs onto your skin? The oils from your body aren't absorbed into the fabric?

I'm not going to lie, that sounds pretty gross. Especially if you're like me and don't care if I'm wearing a $100.00 pair of jeans and something needs to get done - I just might get 'em dirty. Not that I'm generally getting dirty, but I won't let it deter me from doing what I want (ie, skateboard) or what I have to do (ie, work on my car).

Personally, I like my jeans pre-washed because I'm a guy and sometimes I'll just throw my jeans into the wash with god knows what else.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Dye absorbs onto your skin? The oils from your body aren't absorbed into the fabric?

I'm not going to lie, that sounds pretty gross. Especially if you're like me and don't care if I'm wearing a $100.00 pair of jeans and something needs to get done - I just might get 'em dirty. Not that I'm generally getting dirty, but I won't let it deter me from doing what I want (ie, skateboard) or what I have to do (ie, work on my car).

Personally, I like my jeans pre-washed because I'm a guy and sometimes I'll just throw my jeans into the wash with god knows what else.

Well thats the problem, all sorts of **** is going to get in to the fabric, which is why I couldn't believe it when the guy was explaining it to me. I assumed there must be something I am missing.

I've always bought what I suppose is called 'pre-washed' jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad