OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Finally won my first hockey game last night with my new team (after being traded). Kept my point streak going, too, with another assist on the GWG, and I was +1. We won the game 4-1, and our best player was our goalie. Makes a nice change from losing games 13-5. I now have 5 assists in 6 games. :)

EDIT: I also had another assist disallowed in the first period. I shot a one-timer from the slot off a team-mates ankle on a delayed penalty, and while the puck was fluttering over the prone goalie and into the net, I guess the referee lost track of the puck and blew the whistle. They were going to allow the goal, but the goalie and other team argued vigorously for about 5 minutes and changed their mind.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Finally won my first hockey game last night with my new team (after being traded). Kept my point streak going, too, with another assist on the GWG, and I was +1. We won the game 4-1, and our best player was our goalie. Makes a nice change from losing games 13-5. I now have 5 assists in 6 games. :)

EDIT: I also had another assist disallowed in the first period. I shot a one-timer from the slot off a team-mates ankle on a delayed penalty, and while the puck was fluttering over the prone goalie and into the net, I guess the referee lost track of the puck and blew the whistle. They were going to allow the goal, but the goalie and other team argued vigorously for about 5 minutes and changed their mind.

Sounds like you're learning fast man! :nod:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ive had it done, its not as bad as people make it out to be. Just stick to your meds! Very important.

Yeah, depends on what form of sedation they put you on, though. I was anesthetized, and so I never felt any real pain. The worst part was that I developed a dependency on T3s and had some minor withdrawal symptoms like anxiety when I was trying to get off them.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Getting my wisdom teeth pulled out in 8 hours, should be fun!

Take the medication they prescribe afterwards. I'm kind of this wierd, anti-chemical person who avoids pain killers and such, so trust me, it feels like crap afterwards for many weeks. Especially if you're gettning a few pulled at the same time

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, depends on what form of sedation they put you on, though. I was anesthetized, and so I never felt any real pain. The worst part was that I developed a dependency on T3s and had some minor withdrawal symptoms like anxiety when I was trying to get off them.

I was as well. I actually went under for mine, I woke up high as a kite on whatever pain meds they had given me :laugh:

I was on a mix of Ibuprofen and T3's. For me by far the hardest part was being in a constant 'haze' from the drugs for a couple weeks.

Had all 4 removed at once.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I am back. Got all four taken out. I was able to walk out of the building on my own strength. I have Gauss in my mouth right now. They didn't give me enough IV because it took 2 mins for me to pass out, and I heard them say "lets get this started". I was supposed to be out but at one point I heard them but it was mumbling to me haha. The pain is starting to arrive.

edit: starting to drool everywhere. and took a t3.

Last edited:
May 27, 2012
Earth
I have been taking two T3s every 4 hours(took 5 today) first dose of t3 wasn't enough and been taking two ever since. My mom is going to wake me up in 3.5 hours to take two more and than again at 9am est. I may have to take a break from them lol. I may OD or something.

Sep 12, 2012
I had 3 impacted, and all 4 out at the same time.
The hard part is over. It gets better from here. Stick to the meds. I found saline rinse helped as well.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Seriously, why was Ted Nolan out of an NHL job for so long?

Mad props to him for that Latvia team

May 27, 2012
Earth
Seriously, why was Ted Nolan out of an NHL job for so long?

Mad props to him for that Latvia team

Dumb rumours, apparently getting in arguments with management and specific players with Buffalo(Hasek). When he was with Islanders, Snow offered him a 1 year deal to get to know him when he was first hired and Nolan felt it it was just insult after getting the team to the Playoffs. Pat LaFontaine knew Nolan from the islander days and that is how Nolan got back into the NHL. I am in no condition to keep writing but the is the synopsis of it. I am high right now :laugh:

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Hey guys I've been busy for the last 2 months and I just got back. Where did AH go?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
We still have 1 more post (after this one) before we can officially lock it down!

Quick, somebody say some off-topic ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad