OT: **The Off-Topic Thread Part 2**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
The old thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1235695

I'll start things off by saying I'm really happy about the cable television packages proposed by the government in the throne speech. I hate paying for channels I don't use. Like who watches CMT and KREM?!

Cheap trick to try and win favour from the public. I bet that this will cost just as much, if not more, than current cable/optik/satellite packages.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Cheap trick to try and win favour from the public. I bet that this will cost just as much, if not more, than current cable/optik/satellite packages.

Without getting into politics, I think you're probably right. Especially when we know how little supply there is for this form of television. Until Netflix starts to provide up to date television and a legit cycle of movies, one's left with the same old television suppliers or a black market route.

Oblivion

Oct 2, 2008
Calgary
How does country music have it's own channel while rap doesn't.

To be fair, CMT is to country as MTV is to music these days. Seemingly 99% of CMT is now Taco Wars, Undercover Boss Canada and other strange Canadian reality shows.

For the record I'm not a dedicated CMT watcher, I just spend large amounts of time in the Guide menu trying to find something good on basic cable, aka living the dream.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Didn't want to risk making a thread on here or in the Oilers forum, but I feel like I need to post that I'm annoyed with Edmonton's suckage. They're probably going to get another top 3 pick.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Didn't want to risk making a thread on here or in the Oilers forum, but I feel like I need to post that I'm annoyed with Edmonton's suckage. They're probably going to get another top 3 pick.

I was thinking about this on the way to work, too. First of all, I'm annoyed that if they continue to suck this much all season, they're going to end up with Ekblad, which is just plain stupid. Second of all, if they turn things around at some point, perhaps when Gagner returns, then we didn't get to play them during their worst point of the season.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I was thinking about this on the way to work, too. First of all, I'm annoyed that if they continue to suck this much all season, they're going to end up with Ekblad, which is just plain stupid. Second of all, if they turn things around at some point, perhaps when Gagner returns, then we didn't get to play them during their worst point of the season.

That would suck. I bet they draft Eckblad, over pay a goalie in the off-season, and then tear it up next season. All while the Flames get a 14th round pick and barely miss the playoffs

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That would suck. I bet they draft Eckblad, over pay a goalie in the off-season, and then tear it up next season. All while the Flames get a 14th round pick and barely miss the playoffs

I think we'd have to try signing Kovalchuk to a 35-year deal in order to only be given a 14th round pick. ;)

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think we'd have to try signing Kovalchuk to a 35-year deal in order to only be given a 14th round pick. ;)

I think it was clear that I suspected the draft to go an additional 7 rounds based on rules implemented after the next board of governors meeting. Gosh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille