OT: The Non-Paul Byron Off-Topic Thread XVII: Monabae Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Over the summer I will periodically offer a review of useless things.

Today, I offer this review of Sobeys "Compliments" Brand Chicken Noodle soup from a can.

This is a very tasty chicken noodle soup with large visible square chunks of chicken you don't see in Campbell's anymore - those look like scraps from the floor in comparison. Probably has a higher salt content because it actually tasted like something, unfortunately that's no good for Ace's blood pressure. The noodles were less good as Campbell's but the difference is minor as they're both pretty tasteless.

Verdict: for nearly a buck cheaper, definitely worth it. I'd pay nearly the same price as Campbells as it is a better tasting soup with more noticeable bits of chicken.

I've found my go-to chicken noodle soup from a can, and I don't care that it might kill me a wee bit sooner, because I'm not eating it every day.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

Today, I offer this review of Sobeys "Compliments" Brand Chicken Noodle soup from a can.

This is a very tasty chicken noodle soup with large visible square chunks of chicken you don't see in Campbell's anymore - those look like scraps from the floor in comparison. Probably has a higher salt content because it actually tasted like something, unfortunately that's no good for Ace's blood pressure. The noodles were less good as Campbell's but the difference is minor as they're both pretty tasteless.

Verdict: for nearly a buck cheaper, definitely worth it. I'd pay nearly the same price as Campbells as it is a better tasting soup with more noticeable bits of chicken.

I've found my go-to chicken noodle soup from a can, and I don't care that it might kill me a wee bit sooner, because I'm not eating it every day.

Try throwing a couple spoon fulls of Franks hot sauce in your chicken noodle. It's delectable.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

As a consumer, this information is useful to me.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC

I also purchase this soup. It is tasty.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I actually find store brand items (eg: Superstore's President's Choice, Walmart's Great Value) are much better than the major brands' and at a cheaper cost for a lot of items so this doesn't surprise me.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Well, that all went without a hitch.

Guests must have been served Compliments Chicken Noodle Soup.

zvO9YSc.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad