OT: The Non-Paul Byron Off-Topic Thread XVII: Monabae Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
its really interesting eh? I quite enjoyed it!

also, Blackberry Ginger ale is GOAT. like insanely GOAT.

Yeah. It was light on the ginger, but the more I drank, the more it stayed on the back of my tongue, and I occasionally had a slight burn in my nostrils. Tasted like real ginger too not artificial. I really liked it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
AS, how did the wedding go?

Honestly? It ****ing rocked. Couldn't have asked for any part of it to be better. We got the perfect weather for an April day (could have gone either way in April, and ended up sunny and warm). The venue was great and the staff organized so everything went smoothly. The food was awesome. I had my band play in the evening and they killed it (I went up and played a couple songs/tunes with them at one point, which everyone loved). My bride looked amazing and the ceremony was terrific... yeah, don't know what more to say. It was perfect. :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly? It ****ing rocked. Couldn't have asked for any part of it to be better. We got the perfect weather for an April day (could have gone either way in April, and ended up sunny and warm). The venue was great and the staff organized so everything went smoothly. The food was awesome. I had my band play in the evening and they killed it (I went up and played a couple songs/tunes with them at one point, which everyone loved). My bride looked amazing and the ceremony was terrific... yeah, don't know what more to say. It was perfect. :)

That's awesome dude! Like I feel the same way about my wedding. I know typically that day is all about the girl because she has dreamed about it her whole life, but I loved mine to. Hanging with my buds & having drinks that day, your bride looks like a model, all your best family and friends are there and for you, you feel like a Rockstar, the whole experience was really cool. I'm glad to hear that yours went perfect, congrats again man!

May 27, 2012
Earth
I won't be going to bed tonight. I have 3 assignments and 2 online quizzes to do today that are due tomorrow. Disgusting. I also won't be able to any of them until at least 5PM.

:cry:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

That sounds really great. Congratulations!

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Turns out my last day of school (Thursday) only has one class. Heck of a way to end my time at university. I may not even go. :laugh:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Turns out my last day of school (Thursday) only has one class. Heck of a way to end my time at university. I may not even go. :laugh:

This calls for some Kate, congrats Deebz!

giphy.gif

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well it was a group presentation based on a paper that we took all semester to write. So theoretically we should all know our parts, right? We've only been doing research for four months.

But one of the girls in the group just like, completely shut down during the presentation. I have no doubt that she knows her stuff - she wrote part of the paper - but she just clammed up, went super quiet, read off her script without looking at the audience, went off script despite having the paper in front of her... it was just not good. I had to rescue her at one point because she got asked a question at the end and she didn't know how to respond even though she wrote that section. I didn't even write it and I managed to BS a better answer!

I dunno. I certainly didn't feel great coming out of it. At least I managed to make the class laugh, which always looks good.
To provide an update to this:

Our group finished this project (paper + presentation) with a B+. I'm so freaking stoked, I think we easily could have gotten worse, so I'll definitely take it! I feel much better going into the final now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese