OT: The Non-Paul Byron Off-Topic Thread XVII: Monabae Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Well it was a group presentation based on a paper that we took all semester to write. So theoretically we should all know our parts, right? We've only been doing research for four months.

But one of the girls in the group just like, completely shut down during the presentation. I have no doubt that she knows her stuff - she wrote part of the paper - but she just clammed up, went super quiet, read off her script without looking at the audience, went off script despite having the paper in front of her... it was just not good. I had to rescue her at one point because she got asked a question at the end and she didn't know how to respond even though she wrote that section. I didn't even write it and I managed to BS a better answer!

I dunno. I certainly didn't feel great coming out of it. At least I managed to make the class laugh, which always looks good.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Guess what? If you drop a phone from the 4th floor it'll break :shakehead:

Lucky it didnt hit anyone.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
:laugh:

That was an old Galaxy s2 that I dropped, I bought it myself 4 years ago for work use because we only have Lumia's to offer here.

I went to ask for a replacement, "we have one old one that was bought for research use, are you ok with it?" and the phone turns out to be Galaxy s3 :laugh:

It feels like life is kicking me in the head, and then instantly asking if I'm ok and is there something to make me feel better

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
One of my final assignments this semester is to explain what I would do if money were no object, so I'm planning a hypothetical around the world trip but it's making me realize how much I miss traveling. Can't believe it's been almost a year since I went away last summer. :( :(

May 27, 2012
Earth
One of my final assignments this semester is to explain what I would do if money were no object, so I'm planning a hypothetical around the world trip but it's making me realize how much I miss traveling. Can't believe it's been almost a year since I went away last summer. :( :(

You should plan a trip to East Ukraine. North Korea seems like a good destination too.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I would relax... I would sit on my ass all day... I would do nothing.

Kind of like now, but without the pesky money concerns.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

2-023.gif

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
You lads see on the Chive they did a whole album just on Flames fans girls?! I've never seen them do that with any one team before!

Anyone see someone they recognize? I only know one of the fire and ice girls (ore hate we they're called now)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If I had all the money I ever needed, I would become a hermit. I would build a cabin in the middle of nowhere, by my own private lake and basically live off the land. Or I mean, I would just have someone drop off my groceries by plane and I would watch NHL center ice and Netflix still.

May 27, 2012
Earth
If I had all the money I ever needed, I would become a hermit. I would build a cabin in the middle of nowhere, by my own private lake and basically live off the land. Or I mean, I would just have someone drop off my groceries by plane and I would watch NHL center ice and Netflix still.

"Netflix and Still"?

Do you mean "Netflix and Chill?"?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Netflix still, no and. Also is it really Nexflix & chill when you are married? Isn't that more trying to build a family?

For me, it's more of "the kid is in bed now I want some mindless time". I was joking with someone last night, I watch so many cartoons right now, when my daughter goes to bed I like watching a show like Sons of Anarchy or Dexter. A show that's full of homicidal maniacs, the exact opposite of Frozen and Shrek :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad