Confirmed with Link: The new coach of the Philadelphia Flyers is John Tortorella

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooch

May 30, 2017
I also prefer tight and highly contested games over blowouts. To me, the drama in this season's playoffs have been a bit lacking. I dont have any numbers or anything, but it felt like there were a lot more blowouts than usual from round 1 all the way up until now. I could be wrong about that, but that's how it's felt.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Need more low scoring & overtime games…

1655863178875.jpeg

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Torts interview with Marek, he mentioned locker room issues. Also mentioned Seeler fighting was brought up in the interview process 🙄
Does it not seem odd that a brand new coach is lamenting locker-room issues about his new charges? Sounds like a bit of a false flag. Not to mention that this would incriminate the Hayesie 'n Friends team building strategy.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Torts interview with Marek, he mentioned locker room issues. Also mentioned Seeler fighting was brought up in the interview process 🙄
Does it not seem odd that a brand new coach is lamenting locker-room issues about his new charges? Sounds like a bit of a false flag. Not to mention that this would incriminate the Hayesie 'n Friends team building strategy.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I haven't watched a game of this series. The game seems to be shifting away from the things I enjoy about hockey and I've had less and less interest in teams outside of the flyers. I've been an 82 game guy most of my life but I can definitely see myself becoming one of those people who tunes in after football season
I'm going the same way. The majority of seething hatred and crushing hits that attracted me to the game in my youth is gone from the league and the idiots in charge of this team can't wrap their head around that concept anyway so the team doesn't offer success in ANY measure. I didn't grow up in Philly and picked the most stereotypically goony team to follow when I was a kid. I fully admit it. If it wasn't for the posters here and my nephew I'd have given up on hockey again already. I've invested too much time and emotion in sports teams that never pay me back. At least with football there's a fraction of the games to worry about wasting time on if your team loses.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Very few seem to realize this is a business first and foremost. Fans in seats aren’t as important as the past. If the value of the team continues to grow year to year and stays near the top, it’s a success. Winning and losing is fun but it’s not that important anymore. It’s a corporate setting not a fan base anymore.

This isn’t to suggest they don’t want to win or have the fans happy. It’s just not a priority for most teams anymore. You need a private owner that wants to win before he dies to prioritize the team nowadays.
So how do you think they feel about the high number of season ticket holders who decided not to re-up? Plus the flyers make money from tickets and concession sales, if there's no fans I do think it'll mean something to comcast

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think some people are forgetting how drastically different the Flyers were last season with Giroux On Ice vs Off.
First 62 games:
5x5: GF/60: 2.21, GA/60: 2.63; xGF 45.10%, xGF/60: 2.26, xGA/60: 2.75, PP, GF/60: 4.76 xGF/60: 6.52 PK, GA/60: 8.94, xGA/60: 7.66

Last 20 games:
5x5: GF/60: 2.39, GA/60: 2.87; xGF 45.73%, xGF/60: 2.31, xGA/60: 2.74, PP, GF/60: 4.26 xGF/60: 6.73 PK, GA/60: 8.72, xGA/60: 8.80

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
So how do you think they feel about the high number of season ticket holders who decided not to re-up? Plus the flyers make money from tickets and concession sales, if there's no fans I do think it'll mean something to comcast
They aren’t happy but you missed my point. As long as the team value climbs higher than the losses they are still happy overall. That’s the most important part They run it as a business which will be sold sometime in the future.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Comcast has one of the highest operating budgets in the entire league for the Flyers. So they do care about winning. It’s just the people they invest in largely aren’t competent.

If Comcast paid any close attention they'd notice that their large expenditure chiefly serves to enrich Clarke and his family and friends. Dude is running a scam.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
They aren’t happy but you missed my point. As long as the team value climbs higher than the losses they are still happy overall. That’s the most important part They run it as a business which will be sold sometime in the future.
I'm not saying it to be argumentative, I legit didn't get what exactly you meant, and was asking if you thought they didn't care about the declining sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad