Confirmed with Link: The new coach of the Philadelphia Flyers is John Tortorella

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You are insane. This has been some of the best hockey I’ve ever seen.
This series? Last two games were snooze fests by the middle of the 2nd period.
Now the playoffs before this, were excellent for the most part, other than Nashville going belly up.
Hopefully the next four games will be more like the first game.

Reactions: captainpaxil

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Fear not, Clarke and his favorite kocek Fletcher will ensure the Flyers continue pursuing those things you prefer as the rest of the sport leaves them in the dust. As the emphasis on skill and actual ability to play hockey moves forward, we can monopolize all the grinders.
How is this series rating? How far in the dust will an identityless team in a passionless league be left after the fifa cup.
This flyers team reminds me of the last Jedi where it's missing what it's core audience wants and is inferior to other stuff available to the people they're desperately appealing to.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How is this series rating? How far in the dust will an identityless team in a passionless league be left after the fifa cup.
This flyers team reminds me of the last Jedi where it's missing what it's core audience wants and is inferior to other stuff available to the people they're desperately appealing to.

Somehow I doubt the core audience will enjoy the grinding and gooning when it still ends with losing.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

Don’t despair, Chuck has ensured the Flyers won’t come anywhere near the level of hockey we are seeing in the Cup Final. You will still have your grinding, boring hockey with a fight or 2 mixed in with the team still being f***ing horrible for that exact reason

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Believe something like +100% viewership vs last year if I remember the ESPN graphic correctly

This org has tried appealing to the core audience many times in the last decade, featuring grizzled veterans, hustle guys, and preaching physical play. It has culminated into one of the worst seasons in history

Consider this: the core audience shouldn't be appealed to because they're idiots

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
And a lot of luck. What if we take Makar and Colorado ends up with Patrick?
At the time of the draft where was the Makar love? I saw rumors Flyers having Heiskanen love. There was no Makar love for Flyers picking him that I ever saw.

Its like saying imagine if sixers took Donovan Mitchell instead of Fultz. It never had a chance of happening.

Unless you believe Clarkie throwing Hextall under the bus and saying our scouts liked Makar.

I SURE DON'T!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You’re insane.
Nah, if I just want to watch skating and shooting, I can watch reruns of allstar games.
When I watch a hockey game, I like to see a competitive game well into the 3rd period where every play counts.
When one team goes up by 4 goals or more halfway through the game, unless Edmonton's involved, it's pretty much over.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Nah, if I just want to watch skating and shooting, I can watch reruns of allstar games.
When I watch a hockey game, I like to see a competitive game well into the 3rd period where every play counts.
When one team goes up by 4 goals or more halfway through the game, unless Edmonton's involved, it's pretty much over.
So the systematic destruction of the Lightning in Game Two wasn’t hockey?

JFC.

And unless Edmonton is involved? Add another JFC. One day you’ll respect the Avs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So the systematic destruction of the Lightning in Game Two wasn’t hockey?

JFC.

And unless Edmonton is involved? Add another JFC. One day you’ll respect the Avs.
So you don't actually enjoy the game, just your team making your point?
I couldn't give two shits about the Avs or the Lightning, I just want an entertaining product.

My point about Edmonton is they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no other franchise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I couldn't give two shits about the Avs or the Lightning, I just want an entertaining product.
Umm… no. That’s not what was said at all.

What occurred in game two could have been any teams. The one team tore apart the opposing team at every single level at a systematic level. It was a master class of the game of hockey.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

My point about Edmonton is they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like no other franchise.
Watching the Lighting suffocate the Panthers for four straight games and watching the Avs clown pound the Lightning in game 2 has been some of the best hockey in a year filled with it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So you think a 6-0 blowout is fun to watch for a fan not invested in the Avs?
If you appreciate the game of hockey? Yes.

Again, the original statement wasn’t that these were the closest most contested games of hockey he’s ever seen. He said that it was the some of the best hockey he’s ever seen which what the Avalanche did to the Lightning falls right in line with that statement.

7-0*

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad