Confirmed with Link: The new coach of the Philadelphia Flyers is John Tortorella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
I've really been thinking a lot about who would be the best coach for this team moving forward. I put together a list below based on some articles and looking at different coaching lists. We can add if I missed anyone. The team needs to move in a different direction based on what has transpired, but if we know (and we do) Cuck Fletcher and the old guys in the room, I think we'll know where it's going. I

Within (should be the absolute last option)
Mike Yeo
Ian Laperrière

Retreads
John Tortorella
Claude Julien
Rick Tocchet **** who I think they'll choose
Mike Babcock
David Quinn

Asst. Coaches/AHL/Europe/College
Rickard Gronberg **** this is the guy I want.
Lane Lambert - Asst. Coach - NYI
Nate Leaman - HC - Providence College
Pascal Vincent - Asst. Coach - CLB
Spencer Carbery - Asst. Coach - TOR
Kris Knoblauch - HC - Hartford Wolfpack
Jim Montgomery - Asst. Coach - STL
Jay Leach - Asst. Coach - SEA
Troy Mann - HC - Belleville Senators
Mike Vellucci - Asst. Coach - PIT
Todd Nelson - Asst. Coach - DAL
Manny Malhotra - Asst. Coach - TOR

Added after 1st post
Benoit Groulx - HC - Syracuse Crunch
Paul Maurice
Ryan Warsofsky - HC - Chicago Wolves
Joel Quinnville

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry44

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It’s going to be Tocchet, Torts, or Laperriere.

I mean haven’t you guys seen the great job that Lappy is doing with the Phantoms?! Has them playing way above their heads!

All three are lazy and unimaginative and as we know Fletcher is a lazy sack of feces with no imagination.

Last edited:

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
AV was hired a week after the season. If they wait longer to see who is fired this time around, someone like Paul Maurice could be in the mix.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
AV was hired a week after the season. If they wait longer to see who is fired this time around, someone like Paul Maurice could be in the mix.
They could hire him now if Winnipeg allows it, I think. He's not working for any team.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You left out Ryan Warsofsky (Chicago Wolves), who is probably the best of the young future NHL head coaches.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s going to be Tocchet, Torts, or Laperriere.

I mean haven’t you guys seen the great job that Lappy is doing with the Phantoms?! Has them playing way above their heads!

All three are lazy and unimaginative and as we know Fletcher is a lazy sack of feces with no imagination.

And they only reason it may be Tocchet is because Fletcher got to know him better at the ceremony. All about minimal effort.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher can't be bothered with putting any effort into anything, let alone the next coaching hire.

Tocchet was a former Flyer who still has very strong ties to the Bullies. It will be Tocchet. "Bringing back Flyers hockey" will be the pitch to the miscreant fans. Many will eat it up. Less will not, but we will remain a united front against the evil empire.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fletcher can't be bothered with putting any effort into anything, let alone the next coaching hire.

Tocchet was a former Flyer who still has very strong ties to the Bullies. It will be Tocchet. "Bringing back Flyers hockey" will be the pitch to the miscreant fans. Many will eat it up. Less will not, but we will remain a united front against the evil empire.

I think you'd be surprised at how many fans are thoroughly unimpressed by yet more of the same, endless "bring back the Bullies" approach that has brought nothing but failure

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
I've really been thinking a lot about who would be the best coach for this team moving forward. I put together a list below based on some articles and looking at different coaching lists. We can add if I missed anyone. The team needs to move in a different direction based on what has transpired, but if we know (and we do) Cuck Fletcher and the old guys in the room, I think we'll know where it's going. I

Within (should be the absolute last option)
Mike Yeo
Ian Laperrière

Retreads
John Tortorella
Claude Julien
Rick Tocchet **** who I think they'll choose
Mike Babcock
David Quinn

Asst. Coaches/AHL/Europe/College
Rickard Gronberg **** this is the guy I want.
Lane Lambert - Asst. Coach - NYI
Nate Leaman - HC - Providence College
Pascal Vincent - Asst. Coach - CLB
Spencer Carbery - Asst. Coach - TOR
Kris Knoblauch - HC - Hartford Wolfpack
Jim Montgomery - Asst. Coach - STL
Jay Leach - Asst. Coach - SEA
Troy Mann - HC - Belleville Senators
Mike Vellucci - Asst. Coach - PIT
Todd Nelson - Asst. Coach - DAL
Manny Malhotra - Asst. Coach - TOR

Added after 1st post
Benoit Groulx - HC - Syracuse Crunch
Paul Maurice
Ryan Warsofsky - HC - Chicago Wolves
I'm hoping it is either Warsofsky or Groulx but we all know it will be Tocchet

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Paul Maurice would be a big surprise as someone who had success primarily in smaller markets, humble guy who puts the room over his ego. Stepped down in a selfless act in WPG because he felt they needed a new voice.

... that would be like hiring the anti- Alain Vigneault.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Gronberg
Lambert
Montgomery

Those are probably my 3. Gronberg has been conveted for a long time and depending on the right stuff, he might want to shape up this team. Lambert being under Trotz for so long could really be a game changer for us overall. And with Montgomery, if he is fully over his personal issues and demons, he could do well. He did well in Dallas before being let go.

Groulx could be interesting though as that Crunch is generally a pretty decent team and the guy has been moving up and down the coaching ladder for years.

But yeah, of the bunch, Montgomery has a history of decent coaching at the NHL level (modern NHL, not 10+ years ago NHL).

However, I feel these choices might only be made if Chuck is gone. I feel that if Chuck stays, it's going to be the worst possible choice.

Reactions: Larry44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille