The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I've run out of reasons to defend Ribeiro. **** him.

Well, his play kinda' made it's own defense last night. Like Lavy said in his presser, he finished his checks, he was moving and pressuring the puck. Still can't win a FO to save his life, but other than that, he was a decent 3rd line C last night.

Now, we'll see about game 7 when Lavy doesn't have last change and he could get stuck out there against Jumbo's line.....

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Well, his play kinda' made it's own defense last night. Like Lavy said in his presser, he finished his checks, he was moving and pressuring the puck. Still can't win a FO to save his life, but other than that, he was a decent 3rd line C last night.

Now, we'll see about game 7 when Lavy doesn't have last change and he could get stuck out there against Jumbo's line.....

Agreed, I thought he played pretty decent last night. He was hustling, and as expected looked fresh. He can't win a FO but if he's on a line with a defensively responsible C (Sissons, Smith, Jarnkrok) he'll work okay.

The only thing that worries me about him is his discipline. He has a bad habit taking stupid penalties especially if we're down late. That can't happen in Game 7.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Agreed, I thought he played pretty decent last night. He was hustling, and as expected looked fresh. He can't win a FO but if he's on a line with a defensively responsible C (Sissons, Smith, Jarnkrok) he'll work okay.

The only thing that worries me about him is his discipline. He has a bad habit taking stupid penalties especially if we're down late. That can't happen in Game 7.

Oh in the third he took a blatant hit with his stick at a sharks players hands totally away from the puck. It was right in front of me, but the refs were looking the other way.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Shaming people in here for old posts defeats the purpose of the thread. We're SUPPOSED to be whining babies in here and not feel guilty about it. :laugh:

- says the person with a lot of gold in here

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This thread should be locked until the playoffs are over......

Why? There are frustrating things in the playoffs, just like the regular season. It's probably more frustrating in the playoffs just because the stakes are higher.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't like it. You can even ignore the thread if you just hit the little x next to the thread starter, that way you won't even see it.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Why? There are frustrating things in the playoffs, just like the regular season. It's probably more frustrating in the playoffs just because the stakes are higher.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't like it. You can even ignore the thread if you just hit the little x next to the thread starter, that way you won't even see it.

Thanks so much for the advice on how to use the forum. My post was really just tongue in cheek, but since you felt the need to respond, I will stand by my opinion. Go back and read this thread- people don't come here to just post some minor frustrations- its way worse than that, hence the thread title.

I just found it a little ridiculous that this thread gets bumped during the middle of the Preds greatest run ever.

But- this is not the place for positivity so I will bow out- carry on with your negativity....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's a thread to be wildly negative so we can keep it out of regular threads. Playoffs are just as frustrating if not more so than the regular season.

Being negative about a negative thread is rather humurous.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Amazed, in a way, to see this thread revived. Team deeper into playoffs than ever, never giving up.

This team gives everyone something, even those who live in the dark world. Who is that great transplant Nashvegas philosopher who said something about haters gonna hate? Glad HF gives a place to express the views. I've dipped my toes here from time to time, understand the allure of the dark, but this TEAM had pulled me back toward the light, (wearing shades though).

I'm mostly curious who will create a Negativity Thread part deux. Who will embrace the shame. In 62 posts we shall see.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Amazed, in a way, to see this thread revived. Team deeper into playoffs than ever, never giving up.

This team gives everyone something, even those who live in the dark world. Who is that great transplant Nashvegas philosopher who said something about haters gonna hate? Glad HF gives a place to express the views. I've dipped my toes here from time to time, understand the allure of the dark, but this TEAM had pulled me back toward the light, (wearing shades though).

I'm mostly curious who will create a Negativity Thread part deux. Who will embrace the shame. In 62 posts we shall see.

There is no shame, it's intended to be a place where you can complain about whatever that involves the team.

It doesn't need to be reasonable and you don't need to explain yourself. If you don't want to see people complain or be negative then don't click on it.

I had to get caught up on it because it sat for a while without me looking at it. It's a novel idea I know.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's a thread to be wildly negative so we can keep it out of regular threads. Playoffs are just as frustrating if not more so than the regular season.

Being negative about a negative thread is rather humurous.

Meta-negativity. "I'm feeling negative about the existence of the negative thread. Clearly, since it is a negative feeling, it belongs in the negative thread. Once the negative thread ceases to be, so will my negative feeling."

giphy.gif

PREDilection

Little Doodle
Nov 10, 2014
I've never looked at this thread until tonight when I noticed it at the top and was curious how it got there. Just looked at this last page. I can't imagine what awfulness lies beneath.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I've never looked at this thread until tonight when I noticed it at the top and was curious how it got there. Just looked at this last page. I can't imagine what awfulness lies beneath.
I usually scream at a wall or do some relaxing breathing to calm down.....some people come here and show their *****. To each their own I suppose.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I started the original one as a drunken rant like 5 years ago. Blame me for the catastrophe that will never go away.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think we were eliminated after Game 5 of the Ducks series. I don't know why we're still playing.

Maybe this is why ESPN completely forgot to mention this series in the NHL podcast...are we dreaming? Is this series a figment of our imaginations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad