The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The thread says " a place to vent" so I am venting. Not trying to be logical just being pissy. And sparing the other threads my ranting.
I recall that I started the original "Negativity Thread" after a ****** home loss to the Sharks several years ago and I let out a pretty lengthy (by my standards) rant because I felt I had nowhere else to give it the attention it needed.

So, this was literally formed as a place to aimlessly ***** and moan about whatever you want.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
The thread says " a place to vent" so I am venting. Not trying to be logical just being pissy. And sparing the other threads my ranting.

Poile's heart on his sleeve bit concerning Vesey, is just embarrassing at this point. Once again we look like a bush league franchise. No wonder guys don't want to come here. Really wish he would step aside.

Blaming Poile for players not coming here is the embarrassing part. Players don't choose to come here because 1) budget team that has an internal cap 2) no history of winning in the playoffs 3) despite what you may think, and this is coming from a day-one Preds fan, this is not a hockey town 4) a small non-traditional southern market that most of the world still equates rednecks, racism, and country music with.

So you go ahead and rip on Poile for literal handful of times in his career here letting his emotions show when it comes to Predator-drafted players that in his opinion misled him. Go ahead and think that all of the elite FAs WANT to come here, but just won't because they are afraid of one of the most respected GMs in the league hurting their feelings.

And while you're at it, also ignore Forsberg, Neal, Johansen, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, etc. You know the really good things he has done for the franchise that have put them in a position to contend for years to come?

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
What I meant was that Poile whining just contributes to the perception that we are a bush league organization. and yes I realize there are other reasons FAs don't come here but this is just part and parcel of the problem.

Now let me just rant in peace okay.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Blaming Poile for players not coming here is the embarrassing part. Players don't choose to come here because 1) budget team that has an internal cap 2) no history of winning in the playoffs 3) despite what you may think, and this is coming from a day-one Preds fan, this is not a hockey town 4) a small non-traditional southern market that most of the world still equates rednecks, racism, and country music with.
I'll skip the racism and country music thing bc most players are white and many like country music, but 1 through 3 are accurate. Since Nashville has gotten a national reputation as a cool place to come, the locational hubris of this town is absurd. Nashville is fun but what does that mean to an athlete who makes millions a year? Any city can be fun. More importantly we're most likely seen as an organization who doesn't consistently win in the playoffs. I wouldn't sign with us if I had some more options. Just saying.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
What I meant was that Poile whining just contributes to the perception that we are a bush league organization. and yes I realize there are other reasons FAs don't come here but this is just part and parcel of the problem.

Now let me just rant in peace okay.

Serious question- Do you really think the Predators are thought of as bush league organization?? I just don't think that is true anymore.

I think the Predators as an organization are a lot more respected by the hockey world than most think- and in some cases more respected by outsiders than by some of their own fans...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Are we going to win another game this year?

After the last 3 losses, I am beginning to wonder. My wife also agrees with you.
She usually isn't too opinionated when it comes to hockey, so +2.

The Preds need to beat the Sharks in regulation to move towards that #6 spot!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
"Is there any hope?"
"No, just a fool's hope"

Our inability to close the deal is the curse of this franchise.

:shakehead

The Packers had the same problem in the 1980s. No FAs wanted to sign with them.
Green Bay is about 100% white, most minorities are Native Americans. The black players used to complain that they had to go the 100 miles to Milwaukee to get a haircut. Then Reggie White signed for 1993. A few guys stayed and a few more signed on with the Packers. They finally beat Dallas and they won SB 31 in 1996 and lost SB 32. That really got the team rolling again after a long drought. They just need 1 or 2 guys and they will be back in the SB.

I thought that Kariya was a big deal. My daughter thought that I was making it up when I told her about the signing. Forsberg was a big deal that didn't work out. The other Forsberg will do more for the team. Rads was a missed internal opportunity.

The next FA could break the ice for years to come. Nashville finished in the top 8 a few times, 10-11 and 11-12. It took Chicago, the SC champion, to knock them out last year. I have hope for the future. Nashville has the best crop of forwards in team history right now. Look at the number of goals that they have piled up versus other NHL teams. They aren't at the top, but they are in the second group. That and a hot goalie are all you need for a Stanley Cup. We all know that they have a great D-corps, they just need to play like it and stop letting in 5 goals a game.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
There is no 6th spot any more because the NHL is stupid.

Okay, they get a Wildcard if they can't catch Chicago. Nashville can still get to 99 points if they actually win out. Not that I expect that to happen. I didn't think that the Preds would lose 3 in a row either.

Chicago is 3-5-2 in their last 10 games. Nashville is 5-5-0 even with the 3 losses. Chicago has one more game to play than Nashville, but it is doable!

SlapshotMe

Sep 21, 2015
Pretty simple, we can't beat good teams on the road. Which means our playoff hopes aren't great.

So after giving up 4 goals can I finally say that Rinne is slumping at the absolute worst time without people jumping all over me?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Pretty simple, we can't beat good teams on the road. Which means our playoff hopes aren't great.

So after giving up 4 goals can I finally say that Rinne is slumping at the absolute worst time without people jumping all over me?

I thought Rinne was the only player who played well last night besides Neal and Joey.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I thought Rinne was the only player who played well last night besides Neal and Joey.

While the 1st wasn't his fault - it was Ekholm's - it wasn't much of an effort, either.

The 2nd was understandable but stoppable.

The 4th was TERRIBLE.

That said, he doesn't look bad in the same way he did earlier; for that first 45 games he too often looked like he was fighting the puck, not comfortable even with his glove. Monday was the D, not Rinne. Tues was a tough one, and not sure I'd blame Rinne although he played meh. Last night was bad; no other way to call it, but it wasn't 'he was lost' terrible, it was "off game" bad. Myself - I'm convinced he can't physically play as he has in the past - he needs more rest. Needs to be regular - not just back-to-backs.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Myself - I'm convinced he can't physically play as he has in the past - he needs more rest. Needs to be regular - not just back-to-backs.

EXACTLY!! He should be rested every other game in my opinion. He should have rested against the Pens to prepare for San Jose. I hope Lav actually realizes this too before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad