The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Sadly I think the issue is less Suban and more of him not having a partner that suits him. As much as I thought it might work, we would have been far better off with Weber.

I do think we need to go back to Ellis/Ekholm and Subban/Josi, if nothing else but for one group to have some chemistry.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Our only issue the last few games us Pekka

I would say the real problem has been Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Weber, Granberg, and Irwin over those games.

Has Rinne had a few bad goals allowed? Yes, but the Defense's play has been far worse.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Please tell me what goal he had no chance on so I can show you examples of good goalies making those saves.

Last night Dubnyk stopped breakaways, shots through screens and deflected pucks.

Good NHL goalies position themselves to make the impossible looking save not only possible but easy, how many times do you think "man we shoot everything right in his crest"? It's because they cut down the angles quick enough to make that save look routine. When goalie is struggling, he's not in position for to stop the puck. This is where Rinne is now. The first and second goal last night were both terrible.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Please tell me what goal he had no chance on so I can show you examples of good goalies making those saves.

Last night Dubnyk stopped breakaways, shots through screens and deflected pucks.

Good NHL goalies position themselves to make the impossible looking save not only possible but easy, how many times do you think "man we shoot everything right in his crest"? It's because they cut down the angles quick enough to make that save look routine. When goalie is struggling, he's not in position for to stop the puck. This is where Rinne is now. The first and second goal last night were both terrible.
I sit/stand way up behind the attack twice goal right in the middle. I was looking directly down on Dubnyk last night. He seemed to be one step ahead of the plays we were trying to create. He looked smart, smooth, fluid and calm. His vision was really good and he was almost always in great position. Basically he looked like the polar opposite of the Pekka we've seen lately.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I sit/stand way up behind the attack twice goal right in the middle. I was looking directly down on Dubnyk last night. He seemed to be one step ahead of the plays we were trying to create. He looked smart, smooth, fluid and calm. His vision was really good and he was almost always in great position. Basically he looked like the polar opposite of the Pekka we've seen lately.

That also describes what I see from Saros when he is in net for us. Hoping to see him get some starts very soon.....

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Btw, is Forsberg having a down year or what?

You could see as early as the world cup that he looked really off. Wonder why?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Btw, is Forsberg having a down year or what?

You could see as early as the world cup that he looked really off. Wonder why?
He's had a ton of barely-missed goals. Yeah I know true goal scorers don't complain about that but we've had a lot of moments where we say Forsberg just can't buy a goal.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This season is disgusting really. We finally get some props going into the season and what do we do? Take a big dump in the corner.

Didn't think we would miss Weber this much, but I'd give my left arm to have him back right about now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Corsi was the measure of who won and who lost, our record would be stellar. But it isn't.
It does suggest, however, that we stand a good chance of bouncing back as the season goes on. It's just not going to be a high-flying ride all the way, that's all. Annoying, but endurable if we still make it.

oh wait **** this is the negative thread delete delete delete

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I wish the ownership cared about winning. Then we might get rid of a coaching staff who can't coach their way out of a paper bag.

Poile need to get his gold watch and be put out to pasture. The trade has gutted this team.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Josi has been terrible this year. Like I've always found him average-to-above-average defensively but he generally made up with it with his offense but even that has hit a wall lately.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
If you ask anyone who knows me, I'm generally the most positive person you will meet. I try to see the big picture and not freak out or have knee jerk reactions. Walking out of the arena last night I was just telling my wife about how disappointed I am in this team and how the overtimes are a joke for this team.

I'm not the manager or a coach, I only play D league hockey. I don't have the answers or any idea of what to try. I do know that something has to give soon. We can't keep losing. This team had high expectations placed on them this season and Poile has to be feeling the heat. The fans are getting depressed and upset. Like I said I don't know what the answer is, but something needs to be addressed.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Tough 6 losses in a row at home. Might actually be good for the guys to go on the road, and back-to-backs should give Saros some starts which often leads to wins.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If you're the coaching staff, what do you tell the guys before OT starts and after we lose in OT at this point? Is there anything they can say that isn't totally tuned out?

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
If you're the coaching staff, what do you tell the guys before OT starts and after we lose in OT at this point? Is there anything they can say that isn't totally tuned out?

according to fisher it's just the bounces not going our way right now.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Question I would ask is if Lavi isn't already tuned out period.

Along with the horribleness coaching or strategy that has been put in place for OT for almost 2 years.

They all need to go. Now.

But the owners are making money right now aren't they? :shakehead. I don't think they are involved enough to take a strong stand with Poile

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Question I would ask is if Lavi isn't already tuned out period.

I think that's what's happened. Laviolette's lost the team. They play with no urgency, no real cohesion, and frankly, no real consistent effort.

At this point, it's doesn't appear to be a bad stretch of hockey, which every team goes through. This is what we are.

We were told by many opposing fans that Laviolette's jam lasts about a year and a half, maybe 2 years, and then gets tuned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino