The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Myself - I'm convinced he can't physically play as he has in the past - he needs more rest. Needs to be regular - not just back-to-backs.
I'm not going to pretend like I know what goes down in practice or that I have any feel for the locker room, but I could see this being the case. I know Lavy and the staff should know better than anyone else, but I hope they're taking this into consideration.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
EXACTLY!! He should be rested every other game in my opinion. He should have rested against the Pens to prepare for San Jose. I hope Lav actually realizes this too before it's too late.

If we had clinched he probably would have rested Rinne but we didn't do it. You have to actually make the playoffs 1st before resting your starter for the playoffs.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If we had clinched he probably would have rested Rinne but we didn't do it. You have to actually make the playoffs 1st before resting your starter for the playoffs.

Ummmmm....... Colorado would have had to win out for this team to not clinch and that was not happening. He now needs to bench Pekka in 3 of these last 4 games.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well we clinched a play off spot thanks to Barry Trotz and company. With the pressure off I suspect we probably will start winning the remainder of our games.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Which comes to my vent.....why is it when the pressure is on and a game/season is on the line to clinch whether in regular season or post season we chock but when the pressure is off we win. Hoping this team can become a clinch team.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Hate having a losing streak right before the playoff. Doesn't bode well w/ team and fan confidence going into the playoff imo.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'm getting that sickening feeling that we won't win a game again until October of this year.

Nahhh Joe we will get one more Reg season win. The thing is The Wild have an easy run out and could pass us and we draw the Stars. And a sweep is really a possibility.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well, if we get one more win the Wild cannot catch us

That's the thing the Preds are fragile in the head again. One would think we take one of the Yotes or Colorado games. As odd and as bad as the Sharks game was it could be the 1 point game they keeps us from drawing Dallas in round 1. The Wild have Jets, Sharks and Flames left and the Ave's have Blues, Ducks, Preds, Stars left. Losing to the Wings has left the Mild in a spot where they need to win out and the Preds lose out now to stay away from playing the Stars. And Colorado has the roughest last 4 imaginable. Thank goodness for Barry Trotz who once again put the Preds into the playoffs.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I can't understand how anyone can say that we played good in that Sharks game. Sure, we had our moments but for 50 minutes we were under the Sharks' pressure. Hutton got us to OT, if Rinne would've been in the crease we would've lost.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I can't understand how anyone can say that we played good in that Sharks game. Sure, we had our moments but for 50 minutes we were under the Sharks' pressure. Hutton got us to OT, if Rinne would've been in the crease we would've lost.
Utterly depressing yet probably accurate statement. I think Hutton should start Tuesday and let Rinne get a couple starts to go into the playoffs. Hopefully in a positive light.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Welp I like to believe this team will go far in the playoffs but the way they are playing right now I'm expecting more of a one and done this year.

Feel Barry Trotz's team though will end up getting far in the playoffs and possibly even win the Stanley cup.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That's the thing the Preds are fragile in the head again. One would think we take one of the Yotes or Colorado games. As odd and as bad as the Sharks game was it could be the 1 point game they keeps us from drawing Dallas in round 1. The Wild have Jets, Sharks and Flames left and the Ave's have Blues, Ducks, Preds, Stars left. Losing to the Wings has left the Mild in a spot where they need to win out and the Preds lose out now to stay away from playing the Stars. And Colorado has the roughest last 4 imaginable. Thank goodness for Barry Trotz who once again put the Preds into the playoffs.

No- he didn't. The Preds put themselves in the playoffs by having the 7th most points in the conference (and by having a 2 month stretch in which they were the best team in the league).

I know its the negativity thread, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says "we backed into the playoffs". No, we didn't. What if the Capitals happened to clinch their division on a day they were off because the 2nd place team lost? Does that mean the Caps backed in? No.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
No- he didn't. The Preds put themselves in the playoffs by having the 7th most points in the conference (and by having a 2 month stretch in which they were the best team in the league).

I know its the negativity thread, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says "we backed into the playoffs". No, we didn't. What if the Capitals happened to clinch their division on a day they were off because the 2nd place team lost? Does that mean the Caps backed in? No.

Except we had 3 games to do it ourselves and choked each chance away. The Caps didn't do that. If this team can't rise to the occasion and clinch on their own in 3 chances, what will make them rise to the occasion and win a series?

And to make it worse, the choked the Sharks game away as well.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If this team can't rise to the occasion and clinch on their own in 3 chances, what will make them rise to the occasion and win a series?

Perfectly put. This was a problem last year, too. And it will be a problem again this year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Except we had 3 games to do it ourselves and choked each chance away. The Caps didn't do that. If this team can't rise to the occasion and clinch on their own in 3 chances, what will make them rise to the occasion and win a series?

Do you really think those two things are the same? The fact of the matter is those 3 games that we failed to clinch were really pretty dang meaningless. We were a lock for the playoffs- could have gone 0-8 in final 8 games and still easily made it.

Those 3 games have absolutely zero bearing on how we will do in the playoffs.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We were God awful down the stretch last year and turned around and outplayed the Cup champs in the playoffs (Even Hawks fans know this is the case). Rinne is the only thing that bothers me. How the team is playing right now doesn't bother me much. The playoffs are a different animal altogether.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN

Playoffs are a different beast, and bring out the best in everyone. They will be fine

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Playoffs are a different beast, and bring out the best in everyone. They will be fine
Of course you are right about the playoffs. The players we should be concerned about are the young guys. To include Forsberg as well he and Jarnkrok have limited playoff time. Forsberg should be fine but Hook will end up as a greasy spot on the wall many times before its over. There are two keys goin in Rinne and staying out of the box. Special teams against the Ducks will kill this team the Ducks are 1st in the league on the PP and the PK or they were as of two days ago when I looked. These young guys along with Riberio and Neal need to stay out of the box.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Of course you are right about the playoffs. The players we should be concerned about are the young guys. To include Forsberg as well he and Jarnkrok have limited playoff time. Forsberg should be fine but Hook will end up as a greasy spot on the wall many times before its over. There are two keys goin in Rinne and staying out of the box. Special teams against the Ducks will kill this team the Ducks are 1st in the league on the PP and the PK or they were as of two days ago when I looked. These young guys along with Riberio and Neal need to stay out of the box.
Ouch. Yeah, they still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad