The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

You

Jul 1, 2010
After seeing that road Game 7 effort, how bad did Anaheim want their coach fired?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Ill put this here, where at least theoretically I wont have to have all the sunshine and rainbows folk tell me how stupid or wrong I am...

but even after a few hours sleep, my feelings are the same as I had when i went to bed, specifically that last nights loss ruined the entire season. All the great moments in the playoffs leading up to last night are completely negated by what is the most embarrassing, frustrating and disheartening performance I have ever witnessed one of "my" teams give.

Thank you Preds, for managing in one night to crap all over a season full of highs and send me into the summer not wanting to see another hockey game for a long time.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Ill put this here, where at least theoretically I wont have to have all the sunshine and rainbows folk tell me how stupid or wrong I am...

but even after a few hours sleep, my feelings are the same as I had when i went to bed, specifically that last nights loss ruined the entire season. All the great moments in the playoffs leading up to last night are completely negated by what is the most embarrassing, frustrating and disheartening performance I have ever witnessed one of "my" teams give.

Thank you Preds, for managing in one night to crap all over a season full of highs and send me into the summer not wanting to see another hockey game for a long time.

Yup, it's one thing to get beat, it's another thing to just not show up!

Edit. Yup the PC version of sunshine and roses doesn't like you to criticize the team.....judgemental bunch want to make it personal and attack you....yeesh"..........don't argue with the "experts" on this board......worse than PFO ever was on the old np board.

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
I was prepared to lose - the SCPOs are the toughest road. I was not prepared for my team to put out that effort. Say what you want about exhausted, whatever - beyond Peks, I saw little effort from anyone remotely related to our "top 6" except for Wilson and Neal, or from our defensive pairs other than Potato. Looked like an entire team of 63s out there.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Yep, thought it was time bring this back. ☹️

So, is it too early to look at potential draft picks?

We are falling further behind in the division and the conference.

I hate admitting that Byrddog was right

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yep, thought it was time bring this back. ☹️

We are falling further behind in the division and the conference.

I hate admitting that Byrddog was right

I am as worried about our play as anyone, but you might want to take a look at the standings. We are actually (and surprisingly) in decent shape standings-wise, all things considered. Just about the whole Western conference is off to a slow start..

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Gosh, I thought this was resurrected because Poile didn't get us a backup (again), not because the entire freaking sky is falling and we have already played ourselves into the lottery!

Maz is awful. I don't pretend to know why we chose him but we did. I understand why Huts didn't see a future here but I don't get why we thought it's cool to rely on Maz, but we did. I do understand we are not gonna' sit Saros, and I'm absolutely OK with him playing regularly at Milw and popping in for the occasional start - but that doesn't work particularly well with the kinda' road trips we make and Peks injury history (and I'm not suggesting this is anything more than minor), we simply have to have a capable backup.

I'll give the guys a flat game - it happens a few times over 82 games - we'll see how they respond Thurs. But..... GMDP - we need a backup goalie, because Maz is not gonna' fit the bill over another 70 games.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Mazanec didn't seem that awful to me before, but watching highlights of last night... ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. That was baaaaaad. :(

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Are you kidding?

Is Poile trolling us?

This means that Pekka is better and they want Saros to play. What is he going to do let Saros rot on the NHL bench rather than let him play? That's Mazanec's job and he's doing a world class job there.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This means that Pekka is better and they want Saros to play. What is he going to do let Saros rot on the NHL bench rather than let him play? That's Mazanec's job and he's doing a world class job there.
Certainly hoping, and assuming, this is the case.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
This can only be construed as good news as it definitely means that Pekka is considered healthy enough to continue a full workload and Saros will be able to continue his development on the ice and not sitting on the bench.

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
When will we admit it was a mistake to break up Ellis and Ekholm? They had chemistry. Just because PK and Josi did not gel like Josi and Weber there is no reason to break up the only D pair left that still had some mojo. I am not laying this on PK in any way, shape or form...trades and change happen.

Every game I hope they will get put back together and every game the D Corp just looks out of sorts.

Just my $.02.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014

I know this is from few weeks back, but if we were to pick a dman, I'd be more than fine picking this kid Miro Heiskanen from HIFK in FEL. He's projected to go around the 30th pick.

Kid is 17, but has been the best offensive dman in HIFK despite having two supposedly elite (by FEL standard) offensive dmen in Taimi and Eronen (of who the latter was chosen to represent Team Finland in the upcoming Euro Hockey Tour cup). He's not a defensive liability, while being very efficient carrying the puck and being mature and confident with the puck all around.

Well Taimi had a disaster of a season and left the team, but this kid's been impressive either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino