OT: The It City ... (RTOTD v.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
A long time ago, Mr. Adz and I went to see The Phantom of the Opera at TPAC. It was the symphony playing the score and a silent movie on the screen. Very cool! We saw another one that I liked even better, but for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was. All I remember is that there was a battle scene and it took place in the far flung past, maybe during the Roman Empire.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Hi from the land of the Coyotes, by the way. I seem to have missed a big issue or two here - something about a curse of a radio show?

I have not, in fact, gone over to Glendale at all so far this trip. Most of my journeys have been to the east and south. (I was going to try and see if I could meet up with Heather from the Yotes boards, but timing hasn't been right.)

I'm just trying to relax today before I have to return to the harsh reality of NCWI tomorrow.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hi from the land of the Coyotes, by the way. I seem to have missed a big issue or two here - something about a curse of a radio show?

I have not, in fact, gone over to Glendale at all so far this trip. Most of my journeys have been to the east and south. (I was going to try and see if I could meet up with Heather from the Yotes boards, but timing hasn't been right.)

I'm just trying to relax today before I have to return to the harsh reality of NCWI tomorrow.

Yeah, the curse of the player's radio show ... apparently if you hosted the show, it means you would be traded within the next year or so... enjoy the sun sir, while you can ... it's a balmy 55 degrees here in Nashville

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, the curse of the player's radio show ... apparently if you hosted the show, it means you would be traded within the next year or so... enjoy the sun sir, while you can ... it's a balmy 55 degrees here in Nashville

Which would indicate bye bye Wilson, although his contract is up this year.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
his contract is up but he's an RFA. I can't see us letting him walk for nothing. Traded could happen, admittedly.

Regarding the contract, I was just making the comment that it was up this year, not that Poile was going to not qualify him.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I'm back in the great North Woods tonight.

On way to MSP, thought there were two linesmen seated a few rows ahead of me. Turns out they were Blackhawks scouts.

There was this kid who was sitting in his parents' laps, and he kept saying "AY-AH!" repeatedly as we taxied to the terminal. As we were waiting, these two were getting their stuff out of the overhead compartments. I made a comment: "Well, at least he's not yelling, 'WEBER! WEBER!'"

I don't think they got it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Election day tomorrow. No matter how skeptical or jaded you are about government/politics, to me there is nothing more American than casting your vote.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Election day tomorrow. No matter how skeptical or jaded you are about government/politics, to me there is nothing more American than casting your vote.

Agreed. I have only missed one election in my adult life (my first--didn't quite understand absentee voting in college--so I worked the election). This includes runoffs. I've already voted in this one--love the early voting feature here.

Get out there and cancel out each other's votes, kids!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Agreed. I have only missed one election in my adult life (my first--didn't quite understand absentee voting in college--so I worked the election). This includes runoffs. I've already voted in this one--love the early voting feature here.

Get out there and cancel out each other's votes, kids!

Agreed!! I love early voting also. I love going in person... I think that's important for the majority of the time.

I read articles about problems in voting places, no registration books, broken machines, etc. (mostly, not in Tenn) And I just don't get it. I've never had that happen in decades here.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Agreed!! I love early voting also. I love going in person... I think that's important for the majority of the time.

I read articles about problems in voting places, no registration books, broken machines, etc. (mostly, not in Tenn) And I just don't get it. I've never had that happen in decades here.

Could be a factor of where you live or the amount of people who actually vote at your precinct. When I voted at a tiny precinct near downtown (25 years ago) there were always broken machines and the normal 2 minute wait might stretch into 5 minutes for a major election. Put that same scenario in a highly populated precinct and you have a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad